Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Badlands, 2022 Expedition Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going to try to get my turbo-back set installed today, just arrived in the mail last night. Took about 1 week to arrive in the mail. Why no install videos or guides on this anywhere? Was hoping CVF would at least have one.
Sponsored

Last edited:

cam4usa

Badlands
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going to try to get my turbo-back set installed today, just arrived in the mail last night. Took about 1 week to arrive in the mail. Why no install videos or guides on this anywhere? Was hoping CVF would at least have one.
Answering my own question here with a live update: I think if most people seen what it takes, they wouldnā€™t attempt this. For one example, hereā€™s what you will need to remove the driver-side inboard turbo-to-cat nut:

IMG_4358.jpeg

seananigans

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak 2.7l
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a few thousand miles on mine but the rasp is still pretty bad

cam4usa

Badlands
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finished this install late into the night. A few observations;

1. When you realize you donā€™t have slack on your downstream O2 sensor wire, itā€™s because you are meant to swap driver and passenger wires. The connector is accessible from underneath the vehicle on both sides. Disconnect those first.

2. My panel lit up like a Christmas tree. I had to clear quite a few DTCs before my Bronco would even run properly. If you donā€™t have the ability to do this, youā€™ll need to investigate the alternative but I understand not everyone runs into this (maybe bc I disconnected the BCM cables to get to the passenger side turbo from the top).

3. When moving to install phase, do not install your downpipes first! Install the mid pipe - then your downpipes.

4. This was a pain and CVF needs to publish some instructions BUT it was totally worth it!

In the spirit of this thread, audio/video to follow soon!

Migo

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered a set of these. Any tips on what heat shielding to use and where you put it? Thanks!

Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That sounds very raspy. (n)

Migo

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finished this install late into the night. A few observations;

1. When you realize you donā€™t have slack on your downstream O2 sensor wire, itā€™s because you are meant to swap driver and passenger wires. The connector is accessible from underneath the vehicle on both sides. Disconnect those first.

2. My panel lit up like a Christmas tree. I had to clear quite a few DTCs before my Bronco would even run properly. If you donā€™t have the ability to do this, youā€™ll need to investigate the alternative but I understand not everyone runs into this (maybe bc I disconnected the BCM cables to get to the passenger side turbo from the top).

3. When moving to install phase, do not install your downpipes first! Install the mid pipe - then your downpipes.

4. This was a pain and CVF needs to publish some instructions BUT it was totally worth it!

In the spirit of this thread, audio/video to follow soon!
On 1 above, are you saying that a swap of the wires is required to make it fit?

cam4usa

Badlands
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On 1 above, are you saying that a swap of the wires is required to make it fit?
Exactly right. Left one goes to right side, and vice versa.

Sponsored

cam4usa

Badlands
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you remove the crossmember brace and lower the gas tank a bit to get the oem pipes out?
Oh I cut the OEM downpipes... I get why some might not want to do that but I knew there was never any going back for me... Some might not have the stomach for that, though! Only the downpipes, though. I didnā€™t cut anything else and nothing else had to be removed to get the remaining OEM pipes out.

Last edited:

Migo

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh I cut the OEM downpipes... I get why some might not want to do that but I knew there was never any going back for me... Some might not have the stomach for that, though!
I am leaning that way, especially if it makes for an easier install. The new pipes went in without removing any bracing as well? Thanks!

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update on mine: rasp had not improved after several thousand miles in the 3k+ rpm band even with the MF 14159 added in the midpipe on the Magnaflow cat back setup. Ordered the alternative, longer resonator to replace it and had it installed this morning. Quieter all around. No rasp. New resonator in midpipe is the 12619.

Migo

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a successful install today thanks to many of the posts in this thread! Much appreciated! Butt dyno says I can feel a difference, but time will tell.

I must say, with Mishi CAI & charge pipes, Whipple intercooler, 3ā€ Injen midpipe & 3ā€ muffler delete, the downpipes make the Bronco LOUD. I thought it was loud before, but this is next level under hard acceleration. I had to add back my Ford Performance axle back muffler just to make it somewhat reasonable.
Sponsored