Bkbk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey all, I purchased the CVF turbo-back system a few months back and now have over 2k miles on it and feel comfortable providing my review. I have a 2023 base sasquatch 4dr 2.7 and I was completely stock before doing this install.

First, the boxes (one with headers, the other with the cat-back system) were a little ragged upon arrival but after opening and inspecting there was no damage. They are packed with expanding foam and everything is held together pretty nicely. There are no instructions for the install, but if you are diving in to this project yourself it becomes blatantly obvious where the different parts go so this shouldnā€™t be a problem.

Ford Bronco CV Fabrication 2.7 turbo-back exhaust review w/ video sound clips PXL_20231003_151656768

Ford Bronco CV Fabrication 2.7 turbo-back exhaust review w/ video sound clips PXL_20231003_151701971

Here you can see the welds, the entire system is beautiful with zero flaws that I could find.
Ford Bronco CV Fabrication 2.7 turbo-back exhaust review w/ video sound clips PXL_20231023_200904240

Stock removal ā€“ I didnā€™t take any pics because I did this in my dark garage by myself over a weekend. Frankly, it sucked but this is not my first downpipe rodeo so just be prepared for a lot of shoulder deep wrenching and have your PB Blaster ready. The stock cat-back came off in a few minutes with no issues. Use a little lube and an exhaust hanger tool to make this easier on yourself. I bought this one for $12 and it was fine (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B5XC5F6X?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details). Removing the stock downpipes was the most time consuming part and there was not a lot of DIY info that I could find for help. The only way I was able to get them out without cutting was to support the transfer case, and drop the front cross member to get enough clearance. I also had to loosen the gas tank skid plate to get the brace out. Once that is down, removing the bolts from the downpipes isnā€™t too bad and trying to maneuver the pipes out of their stock home is tight, but possible. Once the downpipes were out, three of the four O2 sensors came off no problem, but the stubborn one just needed more PB blaster and it came off eventually. I had about 15k miles at the time just as an FYI.

Install ā€“ The CVF downpipes went in pretty easily. They have less heat shielding and weird shapes than the stock unit so it was no problem lining up the bolts and getting everything snug. From there I worked front to back assembling everything but leaving some slack for movement. Once the full system was installed I went back and tightened everything then put on the tips.

Sound ā€“ The real reason any of you are here. Initially there was some rasp in the 3-4k rpm range that I was not a fan of and I had even thought about putting on the stock cat-back to see if it would help. However, I stayed the course and I am happy to say that rasp has gone away. Instead of that being an annoyance prior to breaking in, now it is a louder tone that I can hear when Iā€™m giving it some decent gas from about 3500+ RPM.

Drone ā€“ There is none. I donā€™t mean thereā€™s not much, or just a little bit, there is zero. Cruising at any speed from 30-70 it sounds completely stock. I took some dB readings before and after but due to wind noise and getting a new phone they donā€™t reflect what you actually hear in the cab. Here are a couple videos from in the cab showing the sound-

Stock:

CVF:

Here are a couple cold start videos-

Stock:

CVF:

And here are some parking lot pulls. Both are sport mode 2H from 0-45 mph.
Stock:

CVF:

Final thoughts ā€“ All I can say is that Iā€™m a huge fan of this system and after it broke in, I love it. I canā€™t tell any sort of power gain from the butt dyno but I am excited for the tuning possibilities that it opens down the road (E30!). Let me know if you have any questions, want me to measure anything, or record anything and Iā€™ll do what I can to help. Thanks to everyone who provides info on this forum, I have spent way too many hours researching these Broncos, and hopefully this post is my way of giving some info to the community as well.

Bk
Sponsored

Last edited:

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are my hero!

After installing and removing a FlowFX, this was the review I needed to help move me toward a system that meets my objectives without risking it being another annoying, loud, raspy junk exhaust. I'm a soft top build, so I suspect that I may have just a touch more noise on the highway, but will assume it's close to zero.

The real question is whether to do cat back or go all in with the downpipes.

Thank you for the thorough review.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Without a piggy back tuner or a custom tune youā€™re able to run E30. Some on here do it by mixing 93 with 4-5 gallons of E85. No issues reported and definite gains.

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco, ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you noticed a decrease in fuel economy and a change in your throttle map? I noticed when I took my roush axel back off that I had a roughly 3mpg increase and the rpm weā€™re running in around 1400 cruising cruising around town. On a 14 hour trip to and from AZ just recently I got 19.6 mpg with stock setup on the way there and 17.3mpg on the way back with Thermal R&D cat back on the way back. Driving the whole way primarily with cruise control.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bkbk

Bkbk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Base
Without a piggy back tuner or a custom tune youā€™re able to run E30. Some on here do it by mixing 93 with 4-5 gallons of E85. No issues reported and definite gains.
Awesome, I'll be trying this on my next tank. I have an E30 tune on my Fiesta and that thing turned into a new car jumping from 93 to E30, cant wait to see what the Bronco does. I'm sure an actual tune for E30 will wake it up even more.

OP
OP
Bkbk

Bkbk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have you noticed a decrease in fuel economy and a change in your throttle map? I noticed when I took my roush axel back off that I had a roughly 3mpg increase and the rpm weā€™re running in around 1400 cruising cruising around town. On a 14 hour trip to and from AZ just recently I got 19.6 mpg with stock setup on the way there and 17.3mpg on the way back with Thermal R&D cat back on the way back. Driving the whole way primarily with cruise control.
I haven't noticed any changes in mileage or cruising RPM, but I never really tracked either of them to begin with. That seems like a pretty big change for just swapping an axel back for a cat back.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Awesome, I'll be trying this on my next tank. I have an E30 tune on my Fiesta and that thing turned into a new car jumping from 93 to E30, cant wait to see what the Bronco does. I'm sure an actual tune for E30 will wake it up even more.
https://www.morepowertuning.com/emix

When someone comes out with a actual custom tune itā€™s going to be game on for all sorts of real gain mods.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

fields_day

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Badlands - 2023 2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are my hero!

After installing and removing a FlowFX, this was the review I needed to help move me toward a system that meets my objectives without risking it being another annoying, loud, raspy junk exhaust. I'm a soft top build, so I suspect that I may have just a touch more noise on the highway, but will assume it's close to zero.

The real question is whether to do cat back or go all in with the downpipes.

Thank you for the thorough review.
Dude I hear that. Soon Iā€™ll be swapping my FlowFx for Roush. Dunno how Iā€™ve made it a year with this exhaust šŸ¤¦šŸ»

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all, I purchased the CVF turbo-back system a few months back and now have over 2k miles on it and feel comfortable providing my review. I have a 2023 base sasquatch 4dr 2.7 and I was completely stock before doing this install.
So it seems that daily drivability is retained. No annoying sounds that wear you out over longer drives. If so, that is great.

I could hear that from outside, it does have a lower, more bass tone, and under hard acceleration, sound was improved nicely, except maybe at the shift points.

Do you know if any ground clearance or exit angle is improved? What did this cost you?

OP
OP
Bkbk

Bkbk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Base
So it seems that daily drivability is retained. No annoying sounds that wear you out over longer drives. If so, that is great.

I could hear that from outside, it does have a lower, more bass tone, and under hard acceleration, sound was improved nicely, except maybe at the shift points.

Do you know if any ground clearance or exit angle is improved? What did this cost you?
Yes, I have driven 3 hour drives ranging from stop and go traffic to sustained 80mph cruise control speeds and drivability is similar to stock with no annoying sounds. I do want to get a drive-by video to see what it sounds like to a bystander, I will try to get one over the weekend.

Ground clearance and exit angle are reduced I believe, here is a pic of the exhaust tips but I did not take one of the stock system at this angle so I'm not 100% of the change, good or bad.
Ford Bronco CV Fabrication 2.7 turbo-back exhaust review w/ video sound clips IMG_0019

As far as purchasing, the 2 parts or full set are on the CVF site: https://www.cvfab.com/

Last edited:

Mudlight

Base
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can this be ran with the rear stock exhaust? Does it bolt together in the same place under the driver seat?

OP
OP
Bkbk

Bkbk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can this be ran with the rear stock exhaust? Does it bolt together in the same place under the driver seat?
Yes, you can buy/install just the downpipes if you want to keep the stock cat-back. The connection is in the stock location below the driver's seat

Benallen6

Base
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sounds pretty nice.
Sponsored