Sponsored

D-DAY is March 19th is FRIDAY. Who Else is Procrastinating?

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was set on getting a Base Bronco, 2-Door, Manual Transmission, Anti-Matter Blue with the switches (see pictures). I got my reservation the night of the reveal.

I am treating this deadline like Tax Day (April 15th) because I wonder:

1. Should I get the roof rack in my order, or wait, so I can use FP Rewards Points on it? Also, maybe they don't have the roof racks ready for my build (which may delay the build)? Will roof racks be more expensive as an accessory later?
2. Should I get the sound deadening headliner on the hard top for $500? That seems expensive. Should I do it on my own? That seems like a pain to figure out.
3. Am I too cheap to get anything else? Should I do B&P a bit more and "upsell myself" on something else? What would that be?
4. Will I be able to give up my 2016 Mustang that I love and paid off? Can I keep it? What about the re-doing the kitchen? Where will the money come from for all this?

Any advice would be appreciated, and if you are procrastinating, please let me know why, so I know that I am not alone.
Something to consider, you may have made an emotional decision on reveal night and the reason you're struggling is because you, on some level, know that it's not the right choice for you.

I'm not saying you can't afford the purchase, but just because you can doesn't always mean you should.

Considering that you have some home construction that is already in the planning phase and you said it yourself, you LOVE your Mustang and it's paid off, maybe you should just hold off on the purchase.

The Bronco isn't going anywhere, anytime soon. Just judging by your replies in this thread and what you have on your plate already, if you were my kid coming to me with this I'd tell you the same thing I would tell him.

Wait. Don't make a financial decision based on a previously emotional one.

You've got a Mustang that's paid off, that's one less payment to worry about for the time being. Plus time will give you the benefits of both saving money and the used market will open up.
And you'll have one less thing to worry about while remodeling. Especially if something goes sideways during the work, having the extra equity can give you peace of mind.

Revisit the Bronco decision in a year or two when you love your Mustang a little less or have enough money saved up to just purchase a used Bronco outright.
Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I treated it like tax day too, in that I always file my taxes the first day I can when I have all my tax forms ready, I never wait for April. Same thing for the bronco, I was there the day after the order books opened to finalize my order.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Something to consider, you may have made an emotional decision on reveal night and the reason you're struggling is because you, on some level, know that it's not the right choice for you.

I'm not saying you can't afford the purchase, but just because you can doesn't always mean you should.

Considering that you have some home construction that is already in the planning phase and you said it yourself, you LOVE your Mustang and it's paid off, maybe you should just hold off on the purchase.

The Bronco isn't going anywhere, anytime soon. Just judging by your replies in this thread and what you have on your plate already, if you were my kid coming to me with this I'd tell you the same thing I would tell him.

Wait. Don't make a financial decision based on a previously emotional one.

You've got a Mustang that's paid off, that's one less payment to worry about for the time being. Plus time will give you the benefits of both saving money and the used market will open up.
And you'll have one less thing to worry about while remodeling. Especially if something goes sideways during the work, having the extra equity can give you peace of mind.

Revisit the Bronco decision in a year or two when you love your Mustang a little less or have enough money saved up to just purchase a used Bronco outright.
you're not fooling anyone with this nice advice, we know you're just trying to free up a build slot in front of you. ;-)

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Order the Base (sweet build) Worry about accessories later. Keep the Stang. Sub out the electrical and plumbing for the kitchen remodel, do your own drywall, Instal the cabinets and trim carpentry yourself.
Plan on spending more than you expected. Something unexpected and costly always turns up.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

42green

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 Regular Cab 4x4 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just financed a used VW Touareg, needed a tow vehicle. So I’m definitely not getting a Bronco in the first round.

Still debating on just canceling my reservation or possibly pushing it to a 2022.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am an October reservation so I expect to take delivery sometime in the post-apocalypse era. Maybe after the sun has swallowed Mercury and Venus.

As such, I let my dealer know I would delay ordering until later in the window before 3/19. I let him know this was intentional so that he could focus on the early reservations and pushy people.

I reached back out to my dealer about three weeks ago. Our actual back and forth was minimal. Thanks to you magnificent folks, my questions were answered long ago. I had my dealer build two orders, one BD & one BL. I zeroed in on one with my wife, made two changes and sent it back on Saturday with explicit handwritten guidance. I made it as easy as could be. And he entered it

Today I got confirmation that my order is in. Yay!

Couldn’t have been smoother of a process. It helps that I’m a Z code and bought my previous ride from the same dealership 9 years ago.

Now I wait for May and to find out if I’m in Gryffindor or Slytherin.

Last edited:

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
just came back from dealer ship and changed my order from BD to BB :). and wound up with a HD bumper with winch and 1k less money
still have the mid package w/ 2.7 and AT , and lost the 4.46 gears went with 3.73 . lost two goat modes ( no big deal ) not going rock climbing or dune buggy running.
no wash out floors,
I still have the painted modular top with rails , heated seats , dual climate control , keyless entry, pretty much have everything the mid-package BD had. stayed with the same color CG with Black top.
anyway I'm 1k less in cost and have the winch I wanted. as for tires I will wear these out and score some taller/bigger ones down the road.
I think the BB is better deal all the way around with mid package
so I changed out and no more going back . it is what it is
PS. I sat in a baby bronco at dealership that had cloth seats , they were nice I can live with them.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am an October reservation so I expect to take delivery sometime in the post-apocalypse era. Maybe after the sun has swallowed Mercury and Venus.

As such, I let my dealer know I would delay ordering until later in the window before 3/19. I let him know this was intentional so that he could focus on the early reservations and pushy people.

I reached back out to my dealer about three weeks ago. Our actual back and forth was minimal. Thanks to you magnificent folks, my questions were answered long ago. I had my dealer build two orders, one BD & one BL. I zeroed in on one with my wife, made two changes and sent it back on Saturday with explicit handwritten guidance. I made it as easy as could be. And he entered it

Today I got confirmation that my order is in. Yay!

Couldn’t have been smoother of a process. It helps that I’m a Z code and bought my previous ride from the same dealership 9 years ago.

Now I wait for May and to find out if I’m in Gryffindor or Slytherin.
Hufflepuff.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was set on getting a Base Bronco, 2-Door, Manual Transmission, Anti-Matter Blue with the switches (see pictures). I got my reservation the night of the reveal.

1. Should I get the roof rack in my order, or wait, so I can use FP Rewards Points on it? Also, maybe they don't have the roof racks ready for my build (which may delay the build)? Will roof racks be more expensive as an accessory later?
2. Should I get the sound deadening headliner on the hard top for $500? That seems expensive. Should I do it on my own? That seems like a pain to figure out.
3. Am I too cheap to get anything else? Should I do B&P a bit more and "upsell myself" on something else? What would that be?
4. Will I be able to give up my 2016 Mustang that I love and paid off? Can I keep it? What about the re-doing the kitchen? Where will the money come from for all this?

Any advice would be appreciated, and if you are procrastinating, please let me know why, so I know that I am not alone.

Canoe Front.png

Bronco No Doors Roof.png
I'd do the headliner and wait on the others, saw an Antimatter Blue on a Bronco Sport today, it was overcast but you could see the blue and it didn't look to bad, also saw an Area 51 Sport and it looked Great, even the wife liked it and glad she did because I already ordered Area 51 LOL