Sponsored

D-DAY is March 19th is FRIDAY. Who Else is Procrastinating?

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was set on getting a Base Bronco, 2-Door, Manual Transmission, Anti-Matter Blue with the switches (see pictures). I got my reservation the night of the reveal.

I am treating this deadline like Tax Day (April 15th) because I wonder:

1. Should I get the roof rack in my order, or wait, so I can use FP Rewards Points on it? Also, maybe they don't have the roof racks ready for my build (which may delay the build)? Will roof racks be more expensive as an accessory later?
2. Should I get the sound deadening headliner on the hard top for $500? That seems expensive. Should I do it on my own? That seems like a pain to figure out.
3. Am I too cheap to get anything else? Should I do B&P a bit more and "upsell myself" on something else? What would that be?
4. Will I be able to give up my 2016 Mustang that I love and paid off? Can I keep it? What about the re-doing the kitchen? Where will the money come from for all this?

Any advice would be appreciated, and if you are procrastinating, please let me know why, so I know that I am not alone.

Ford Bronco D-DAY is March 19th is FRIDAY. Who Else is Procrastinating? Canoe Front

Ford Bronco D-DAY is March 19th is FRIDAY. Who Else is Procrastinating? Bronco No Doors Roof
Sponsored

Last edited:

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would definitely buy the headliner with the vehicle.

You will have your choice of racks, perhaps you’ll find something you like more than the OEM option by the time you take delivery, or shortly thereafter.

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have until your build is scheduled to change those details, since don't sweat them too hard.
Egg Zack Lee. My order is in, but I'm pretty sure I'll have to re-order for a MY '22. Even if I do end up with a VERY LATE '21, I'll have lots of time to amend my order. I'm thinking specifically the black aluminum wheel upgrade for BD, and a nice shiny mod top.

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You have until your build is scheduled to change those details, since don't sweat them too hard.
Xactly. At a bare minimum, you have until May to make all the changes you want. Once May hits, depending on your reservation, build and Ford's Voodoo, you will be able to make changes until a VIN is assigned.

I knew what I wanted from Day 1 and the only change I made was to upgrade to the 12" screen. As such, I ordered immediately.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I debate some of the same things also
I placed my order for the WT, was overly excited but as time wears on, my tacoma is paid off and the super excitement of the bronco becomes another vehicle I wonder if I should cancel. The freedom of no car payments might win out over jumping back into another vehicle loan for 48 months.
I will most likely wait to see timeframes from Ford in May before making a final decision.

you can always enter your build and add or subtract items up to VIN creation. Gives you time to think things through..

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IF 2020 has taught us anything... Life is short and precious...YOLO get exactly what you want and be happy

as long as its in your budget lol...

Last edited:

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Questions 3 and 4 are personal in nature. Know one knows who you are.

Get the sound insulation headliner. It's about $50 extra for the manufacturer to install it for you vs. a DIY project.

My advice is collect as much data as possible, analyze it, then make a decision based on your evaluation of the data. Stick with your decision, your life will be less chaotic if you learn to become a decisive individual.

Last edited:

Sponsored

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm procrastinating - my reservations haven't even been combined to my original timestamp yet. I'm working with Granger and I hope I can send over my build and price printout and be done. I'm code 99 so it doesn't matter much I suppose.

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am with you. I purchased a 2021 F250 Tremor that I thought would have ended my quest for a Bronco however, the door is back open as my wife said she may want to trade her Odyssey in for the Bronco.

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2. Should I get the sound deadening headliner on the hard top for $500? That seems expensive. Should I do it on my own? That seems like a pain to figure out.
I had the headliner on my buildout until I saw the photos of it posted, which IMO didn't look like it was worth getting. I removed it and plan to order from Hotheads as soon as they're able to produce one for the Bronco.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the headliner on my buildout until I saw the photos of it posted, which IMO didn't look like it was worth getting. I removed it and plan to order from Hotheads as soon as they're able to produce one for the Bronco.
I'm not much interested in the headliner, I'll deal with the noise but those pictures of the factory headliner don't look like they are worth 500.

Also my dealer told me Friday, that the latest I could change my build looks to be around the second week of april.