Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

*** No Andriod Auto or even BT connected***

I have had my Bronco for 10 trouble free months now, but even though I have turn off my updates, Ford seems to have ignored it and push down 4.2.2.

I get in my bronco yesterday and the infotainment screen is black. Shut the vehicle down wait a minute and start it back up...screen loads, SiriusXM starts to play and in like 10 seconds screen goes black again. I repeated the process and got the same result.

So on a whim, this time when I started it, as soon as the screen is up, I switch from XM to regular FM. Screen stays up but I notice on my channel bar..half of my saved XM channels look funny.

Anyway..Radio stays on (FM), I get to the store, and I don't recall if it was right before I shut it off, or when I started it back up to leave but a message came up saying "you are now updated to 4.2.2"

Wtf Ford! I purposely turned off my updates so you wouldn't break my stuff! Guess you can't help yourself.

If shit like this continues, it will be time to rethink my Ford purchase.

Ford Bronco Damn it Ford..I said NO UPDATES!!! 20230916_124739
Sponsored

Last edited:

Visitor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Midwest
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a specific GPS location that crashes Android Auto, right at the start of a huge bridge. It's not an uncommon issue, but I've reported it to Google a number of times and so far no action. Not a huge deal, usually just restart AA from the "Apps" page on my Bronco's screen.

But the newest update now greys out the Android Auto button while you're in motion. So now, instead of pushing two buttons on the screen, I have to go onto my phone, toggle Bluetooth off/on, select the Bronco to reconnect, and let it reload AA automatically. And do all of that while in motion, while on a bridge a hundred feet above the water. No place to pull over safely to do it.

Okay, I don't *have to* do that, but also that shouldn't be what it takes to reconnect after Android Auto crashes. Thanks for making it "safer" Ford!

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had my Bronco for 10 trouble free months now, but even though I have turn off my updates, Ford seems to have ignored it and push down 4.2.2.

I get in my bronco yesterday and the infotainment screen is black. Shut the vehicle down wait a minute and start it back up...screen loads, SiriusXM starts to play and in like 10 seconds screen goes black again. I repeated the process and got the same result.

So on a whim, this time when I started it, as soon as the screen is up, I switch from XM to regular FM. Screen stays up but I notice on my channel bar..half of my saved XM channels look funny.

Anyway..Radio stays on (FM), I get to the store, and I don't recall if it was right before I shut it off, or when I started it back up to leave but a message came up saying "you are now updated to 4.2.2"

Wtf Ford! I purposely turned off my updates so you wouldn't break my stuff! Guess you can't help yourself.

Yes. I’d sell it now. No way if I were you I would tolerate that. The only way to teach them is rethink ford

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a specific GPS location that crashes Android Auto, right at the start of a huge bridge. It's not an uncommon issue, but I've reported it to Google a number of times and so far no action. Not a huge deal, usually just restart AA from the "Apps" page on my Bronco's screen.

But the newest update now greys out the Android Auto button while you're in motion. So now, instead of pushing two buttons on the screen, I have to go onto my phone, toggle Bluetooth off/on, select the Bronco to reconnect, and let it reload AA automatically. And do all of that while in motion, while on a bridge a hundred feet above the water. No place to pull over safely to do it.

Okay, I don't *have to* do that, but also that shouldn't be what it takes to reconnect after Android Auto crashes. Thanks for making it "safer" Ford!
In your case look around for Train tracks, or cell phone towers, or just plan antenna towers. Sounds like something is interfering with the Blue Tooth connection.

If you want to test this don't use AA but connect BT music to the radio and see if it drops out at the same place.

The next thing would be try a different phone and do the same thing.

This way you can point to the Bronco or the phone as having an issue.

Sponsored

Visitor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Midwest
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In your case look around for Train tracks, or cell phone towers, or just plan antenna towers. Sounds like something is interfering with the Blue Tooth connection.

If you want to test this don't use AA but connect BT music to the radio and see if it drops out at the same place.

The next thing would be try a different phone and do the same thing.

This way you can point to the Bronco or the phone as having an issue.
Sadly it's just an Android Auto issue, not specific to any phone or vehicle. I've been able to deal with it easily in the past (tap the AA button on the screen and it restarts) but my complaint is that the new update grays out that button while you're in motion.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I turned off my updates for the same reasons you did. This is very concerning.

Also, Arianna Grande? :LOL:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I turned off my updates for the same reasons you did. This is very concerning.

Also, Arianna Grande? :LOL:
Justin Beiber is much better, but at least The Weeknd is Canadian.

Thestralcowboy

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mmmmmmmayybe if you had been getting proper updates all along, you wouldn’t have had an issue. Had my bronco for a year now with automatic updates and I’ve had no problems (besides Apple CarPlay issues that plague all CarPlay users, on all vehicles). Also, If the update has safety related code changes, you may not have a choice. Third note: developers hate people who avoid updates, then complain about a product that doesn’t work right.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Third note: developers hate people who avoid updates, then complain about a product that doesn’t work right.
Sure they do. Especially when it worked just fine before the developers broke it. :LOL:

Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Would that update be the reason my Android Auto only shows the grey screen when I'm using Pandora? It used to (most of the time, but not all) show Pandora's screen and info in color with the album art and all the functions, but for the last three days or so I've been only getting the generic grey screen (like the radio screen).

Sometimes I get the full color Pandora, other times the grey screen and sometimes no info, just the music playing.

• Sad
Reactions: jon

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mmmmmmmayybe if you had been getting proper updates all along, you wouldn’t have had an issue. Had my bronco for a year now with automatic updates and I’ve had no problems (besides Apple CarPlay issues that plague all CarPlay users, on all vehicles). Also, If the update has safety related code changes, you may not have a choice. Third note: developers hate people who avoid updates, then complain about a product that doesn’t work right.
Just saying
Mine has had every auto update

Has many issues since the one that gave full screen AA.
No issues prior to that update

First call I make every time I I drive, has no sound on my end.

Maps either fail to load or the screen goes black while driving and asks if I want to "retry". But still won't load.

Need to repeatedly disconnect and start over.

Music stops in the middle of a song. Just freezes. Reconnect

Sometimes it plays multiple sources simultaneously. (FM radio and Amazon Music or a podcast.
Need to either reconnect or find the second source and manually stop it

I've reset sync many times
It does this with different phones, cables or Bluetooth.

Got no help from dealer

When I took delivery, Ford Pass app didn't recognize my vehicle. Someone from Ford had to change something

I'm computer illiterate but something in the full screen update didn't play well with my vehicle.

It's been garbage ever since