Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now we just need aftermarket dash trim. I really want to change out the grey dash in my Badlands.
Sponsored

Deleted member 21681

For all who want to get rid of that "cheap plasticky" feel of the the top dash piece (and the coordinating side and under trim pieces) you now can see that is is REALLY easy to remove them and potentially cover them in a thin rubberized (or other) surface material. It was a lot more work to remove the dash assemblies on some of my previous cars, I can assure you.

If you are not comfortable wrapping a material on this yourself, I am sure you can find a good interior shop to do all the work (or just take the parts to them) and have them wrap it in your choice of material.
shag carpet or bust

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can someone post a video on how to build a Bronco from the ground up. And it if you have the parts list, that would be great. I need a weekend project. :)

PrevCYBRTRKrez

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr Badlands, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now I'd like to see someone remove the A/C vent clips
I had the same question. I commented on their video and got this response:

"Ok after looking at the vents with the panel out. They are held in by 4 7mm bolts from the back for each vent and the outer vent on passenger side is held by 3 7mm bolts.So removing complete panel is necessary in order to replace vents or customize. Hope this information was helpful"

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the same question. I commented on their video and got this response:

"Ok after looking at the vents with the panel out. They are held in by 4 7mm bolts from the back for each vent and the outer vent on passenger side is held by 3 7mm bolts.So removing complete panel is necessary in order to replace vents or customize. Hope this information was helpful"
Thanks man!

I did the off-rodeo yesterday and got to tug on the clips a tiny bit (didn’t want to damage their Broncos lol). It seems to me the colored part is rubber that might be held on by adhesive or tabs. If so they could be swapped without removing the whole dash.

Once all the part numbers are out it should be easier to determine.

Last edited:

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad the dash bits are kind of modular in that at least sections are independent. I am still dreading taking the dash out of my 94 mustang to fix a short in the radio/interior light/door lock circuit...I will damn near have the whole dash out and it is one piece. I just kill the circuit for now...well last 7yrs.

Would like to see some details on swapping in a 12in screen. Totally would get if you have to swap some other modules but would be nice to see what is involved. I wonder if on a Badlands that already gets the "High cluster" or whatever it is that has never really been clarified that it is an easier swap to the 12in. My guess is that since the BL gets swaybar disco there is already some updated modules so it might be more feasible to swap to a 12in.

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

When the passenger airbag deploys, does it just break the clips of the front trim panel to push it out of the way to deploy? With regards to painting or other finishes for this trim panel, Im assuming its not cracking the front of the whole trim panel and coming through it.
Sponsored