First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor, 2010 Audi R8 V10
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a rattle that seems to be around the center top of dash maybe more towards the drivers side that is annoying . I turn up the radio and that works, but to have a conversation with another person you have to turn down the radio and then I hear this rattle. I cannot make it rattle banging on the dash but drive along a rough road and it keeps reminding you that it is there. I am thinking it is a cable touching some plastic part of the dash . Anyone run into this?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a rattle that seems to be around the center top of dash maybe more towards the drivers side that is annoying . I turn up the radio and that works, but to have a conversation with another person you have to turn down the radio and then I hear this rattle. I cannot make it rattle banging on the dash but drive along a rough road and it keeps reminding you that it is there. I am thinking it is a cable touching some plastic part of the dash . Anyone run into this?
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP
Derrick

Derrick

Raptor
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I had a similar issue at highway speeds. I discovered it was the plastic covers on the windshield frame.

See this thread:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/noise-behind-the-speedometer.85152/page-3#post-2121296
Great idea with the bracket covers at the top of windshield as I have had them off before and they where quite loose and I am going to trace some mods I done around that area as I ran my power supply cable for my dash cam along the windshield trim and drivers A pillar. Thanks

OP
OP
Derrick

Derrick

Raptor
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Update: I put a small piece of foam in the windshield brackets to stop any rattles and that was not what was causing the rattle I could hear. I am sure in the summer these would be noisy with the windows down.
So on the inside I removed loose items inside the glove box, dash cam mirror and center dash switches and test drove each time and rattle was still there with all removed.
Next I remove the dash pad that was easy to do seen a couple of videos to that on youtube. Inspecting all areas and could not see anything obvious but there are areas that the pad makes contact with mounting attachments on the plastic side of the dash. Only like 6 screws to hold the pad and a bunch of clips and some wedge snaps. so on the top side and lower side of the dash the pad makes contact from drivers side to passenger.
My solution was to run a long piece of the electrical tape (fiber type) along the contact length and cut out the the areas that the pad locks to the dash. Reassembled and went for test drive all is great no rattles.

Sponsored

OBXBronco22

Outer Banks
First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you try driving with the windshield mount covers off? Finally tried that on mine and found that to be the rattle I have endured for over a year. Originally thought it was coming from under the hood. I never heard the rattle with the top down, maybe the wind noise drowned it out. Now to figure out how to foam it to be sound proof.

OP
OP
Derrick

Derrick

Raptor
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Did you try driving with the windshield mount covers off? Finally tried that on mine and found that to be the rattle I have endured for over a year. Originally thought it was coming from under the hood. I never heard the rattle with the top down, maybe the wind noise drowned it out. Now to figure out how to foam it to be sound proof.
Yes I did try that and it was not the problem , but I did put a small piece of foam inside as they do sit quite loose. So I ended up taking the top of the dash off and the noise was gone and did a cheap fix and it seamed better at first. The colder temps made it worse and the coldest days I had lots of rattles even from the drivers door.
I learn to turn the radio up and it fixed most of the problems, I am just disappointed for something that costs that kind of money. I have taken a family members VW Golf at a third of the price over some rough roads and not a peep.

Wanderlux

Wildtrak
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Wildtrak, 2019 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes I did try that and it was not the problem , but I did put a small piece of foam inside as they do sit quite loose. So I ended up taking the top of the dash off and the noise was gone and did a cheap fix and it seamed better at first. The colder temps made it worse and the coldest days I had lots of rattles even from the drivers door.
I learn to turn the radio up and it fixed most of the problems, I am just disappointed for something that costs that kind of money. I have taken a family members VW Golf at a third of the price over some rough roads and not a peep.
I’m having the same issue on my 2024 Wildtrak. It does seem when it’s cold I have this problem. I’m taking it back to the dealership. They did something and it fixed the problem for 2 days then it came back. I try to ignore it but it is just loud enough to bother me. The first time I heard the noise it sounded like the windshield was being hit by little rocks on the driver side and sometimes in the center of the dash close to the windshield.
Sponsored