First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak, '21 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is this driver or passenger side? I have a similar noise.
I removed the driver side a few days ago and still heard it but it was much lower and could tell sound was now coming from passenger side. I removed the passenger side the next day and noise was gone. I added the foam to both sides. I just put them back on with the foam this morning. I'll report back in a week or so to verify it solved my issue.
Sponsored

Squashed

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is this driver or passenger side? I have a similar noise.
Drivers side. I'm guessing the line was moving and rubbing on the bracket. The bracket is attached to the firewall transferring the sound at freeway speeds.

Groundhog

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak, '21 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I removed the driver side a few days ago and still heard it but it was much lower and could tell sound was now coming from passenger side. I removed the passenger side the next day and noise was gone. I added the foam to both sides. I just put them back on with the foam this morning. I'll report back in a week or so to verify it solved my issue.
I've driven 1500 miles since this post and my issue is solved.

OP
OP
JC2DR

JC2DR

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 2dr 2.3 7speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
I added the foam as well. Seems like that was it.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think I narrowed this down to the painted plastic covers used on the windshield frame mounts. I wasn't hearing the noise every day so I waited until it was pretty obvious to pay closer attention.
Thank you!

I had added some upfitter switches a few weeks back, and in the process had all the trim off the A-pillar and driver's side, and had installed a relay panel and some wiring just on the other side of the firewall in the engine compartment. Putting it all back together, I had this weird rattle coming from the A-pillar, kinda behind where the dash speaker was.

Thinking I had screwed it up, I pulled the box and wiring out of the engine compartment and ziptied/taped the ever-loving crap out of all of that.

Didn't fix it.

I was about to tear back into the interior trim and look at that cable run again, when I realized that it really only happened above about 50 MPH... and it didn't jostle with bumps or anything. And then I stumbled across this thread just reading through - when the speed-related thing kinda clicked.

I had also installed the Aerogard II deflector on the same day, but didn't think anything of it. I guess that shifted the air stream just enough so that this painted bracket started to rattle around. Just got done going out for a test drive after putting some weatherstripping up underneath the brackets.

And it worked! So thanks - I would have never caught this in a million years without your post.

Sponsored

Groundhog

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak, '21 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you!

I had added some upfitter switches a few weeks back, and in the process had all the trim off the A-pillar and driver's side, and had installed a relay panel and some wiring just on the other side of the firewall in the engine compartment. Putting it all back together, I had this weird rattle coming from the A-pillar, kinda behind where the dash speaker was.

Thinking I had screwed it up, I pulled the box and wiring out of the engine compartment and ziptied/taped the ever-loving crap out of all of that.

Didn't fix it.

I was about to tear back into the interior trim and look at that cable run again, when I realized that it really only happened above about 50 MPH... and it didn't jostle with bumps or anything. And then I stumbled across this thread just reading through - when the speed-related thing kinda clicked.

I had also installed the Aerogard II deflector on the same day, but didn't think anything of it. I guess that shifted the air stream just enough so that this painted bracket started to rattle around. Just got done going out for a test drive after putting some weatherstripping up underneath the brackets.

And it worked! So thanks - I would have never caught this in a million years without your post.
Happy to help... Interesting about the deflector. I also have deflector. My wife has a 2-door with no deflector and no rattle. I didn't occur to me that the deflector may be the cause. Now it all makes sense. Thanks for enlightening me.

jdrenk75

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-Door Outer Banks SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Happy to help... Interesting about the deflector. I also have deflector. My wife has a 2-door with no deflector and no rattle. I didn't occur to me that the deflector may be the cause. Now it all makes sense. Thanks for enlightening me.
Mine also started after I installed the deflector.

jdrenk75

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-Door Outer Banks SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think I found it. Was changing the oil and went in deep. I belive this the the front diff vent line routed with 0 wire ties behind the top inner fender bracket.

Did you add foam tape or zip-tie the vent hose? Did it resolve the noise?

Squashed

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I zip tied it , but still have a noise at highway speeds. I just repaired the low speed tapping noise I had 🤨

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Deflector and noise here too..didn’t fix yet

Sponsored

Peteduce

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 ND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just got the same issue for a week now, just in time when the bumper to bumper warranty is out. Mine started as a static sound kind of rattle when I'm gassing on low speed. Now it appears even on high speeds. I thought it might be the windshield cowl being slightly warped. I taped the warped parts and still makes noise. Now I'm thinking it might be leaves and debris inside the cowl area. I'll try the foam covers this weekend, and hopefully resolves my issue.

Peteduce

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 ND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Update found my issue. It was the plastic inside the driver side fender. It holds wiring harnesses that goes under. Its held in place by three plastic clips, only on its left side. So I just placed a stick on foam under it. Noise is gone. Well, most of it. I probably should have placed more on top.

20240311_171419.jpg

20240311_172118.jpg
Sponsored