Dates & Process: Bronco Delivery Timeline Explained [Ordering > Planning > Delivery]

vrtical

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Clubs

What if we have a July reservation and they show us a projected delivery date of November or December for a 2021?

In that scenario, I would prefer a 2022 because I don’t want to pay full price for a 1 year old vehicle.

Do I have the option moving to the front of the 2022 line or do I go to the end of the line?
This is why I picked up a 10/30 reservation. At this point, I honestly dont think its worth keeping an early reservation. It seems there will be a lot fixed or availabe for the MY22 models and if I got a super late MY21, I would be pissed missing out on other stuff being available in such a short window. Also theres no guarantee it even gets scheduled that late, I could see a 2nd day reservation getting pushed to MY22 based on configuration. Also I have been through Fords special vehicle order process and even under normal times, there are still delays here and there. I feel this is a very uphill conservative timeline for MY21 Broncos at the moment.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 RS, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Remember that Ford will build many FCTP vehicles for dealerships prior to building any that will go to customers.
This pisses me off more than I even have words for. Here we are facing multiple delays and parts shortages, and all these Broncos being built for dealers to use as toys, loan to random people, and eventually sell. Rather than putting that time and parts into getting vehicles to out to customers.

May or may not make much of a difference in the long run but there's just no reason for it. Just another way Ford has screwed up this whole thing.

Last edited:

MattECDNdealer

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DEMO 21 Bronco Sport BD - Toy: 2004 TJ Rubicon
This pisses me off more than I even have words for. Here we are facing multiple delays and parts shortages, and all these Broncos being built for dealers to use as toys, loan to random people, and eventually sell. Rather than putting that time and parts into getting vehicles to out to customers.

May or may not make much of a difference in the long run but there's just no reason for it. Just another way Ford has screwed up this whole thing.
The first few weeks of production are never customer units, of any new model year, and especially for an entirely new vehicle. This gives them some time to discover build issues etc. and "practice" building them on dealer stock first. Once they have everything figured out and are content with the quality of production, they achieve "ok to buy" status and start building customer units. Would you like your bronco to be one of the ones they learn on, possibly built incorrectly, and then have to be re-worked adding more delay?

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350; former 1977 Bronco; 2015 HD RGS
Clubs

Thanks for the explanation! I am just happy to be ordering a FE. I will wait though, because I will order the SB mod top and black interior. I just hope it makes it by Christmas 2021. :ROFLMAO:

Advertisement

Advertisement