Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have had my reservation for a couple of weeks and I selected the dealer that was closest to me. It is a smaller dealership and I went to talk with them about converting to an order. Basically they said that they charge MSRP - no ADM - and that they would be able to place the order in November. I asked how many reservations they had and I am the 23rd at that dealership. They have made no Bronco deliveries yet and do not have a demo (they expect one in a month or so). This dealership said delivery probably in 2023.

I was curious so I contacted a larger dealership about 1.5 hrs from me. They are enthusiasts and have a lot of Bronco YouTube videos online. They also charge MSRP with no dealer markup and they said they would convert me to an order now. They wouldn't disclose how many reservations they currently had, but I got the impression it was a lot. They also said the number of reservations would not impact when I would receive my Bronco. This dealership believed that I would probably take delivery in calendar year 2022.

So, my question... Given equivalent pricing, would it be advantageous to go with the larger dealer who is more proactive in terms of placing an order and has apprently larger allocation, or staying with the smaller dealership?

I know most of you are jaded and have been waiting for over a year, but help a brother decide the best course of action. ✌
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would go with the second dealer if only
because they sound like they have a better grasp on what’s going on.

It sounds like your first dealer is either not fully informed, or trying to play a game with you.

Not to say you won’t be waiting a while with the larger dealer, depending on your build, but in the very least they’re willing to submit your order immediately.

$0.02

FYI. Not sure you’ll be able to transfer your reservation, so you may have to cancel your existing one and make a new one selecting the other dealer. (It’s absolutely possible to select your dealer when you reserve on line… though it can be a little tricky.)

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hard to say with any certainty, but I'm with a smaller dealership and beginning to wonder if it's going to bump me to 2022. I'm getting invoice pricing, but any more I would pay MSRP if I thought I could get it this year. Seems like units are rolling into larger dealerships, but mine is almost out of allocations even though I'm a first day reservation. Later reservations with no options keep getting scheduled ahead of loaded up early reservations. Seems like the dealers got their way and the big boys will have more units to sell. Your mileage may vary. Sounds like either option would be good, but I would go with the dealer that seems to be more knowledgeable about Broncos. Although you might want to stay local if you plan to get all your service, warranty, and recalls done there.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hard to say with any certainty, but I'm with a smaller dealership and beginning to wonder if it's going to bump me to 2022. I'm getting invoice pricing, but any more I would pay MSRP if I thought I could get it this year. Seems like units are rolling into larger dealerships, but mine is almost out of allocations even though I'm a first day reservation. Later reservations with no options keep getting scheduled ahead of loaded up early reservations. Seems like the dealers got their way and the big boys will have more units to sell. Your mileage may vary. Sounds like either option would be good, but I would go with the dealer that seems to be more knowledgeable about Broncos. Although you might want to stay local if you plan to get all your service, warranty, and recalls done there.
Allocation is (basically) a ratio of reservations…. So a larger dealer will have more allocation, but generally the same percentage of buyers would expect to receive a MY21 compared to a smaller dealer.

That said, OP doesn’t need to weigh service or warrant work concerns. You can absolutely buy from one dealer and get service at another. Usually the sales and service departments are handled as separate businesses anyway, so there’s no incentive for one to do anything based on what the other did.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, my question... Given equivalent pricing, would it be advantageous to go with the larger dealer who is more proactive in terms of placing an order
Since the small dealership is too damn lazy to actually order you a truck... yeah, go with the other dealer.
Sponsored