Sponsored

Dealer has mannequin won't let people test drive it...

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On my way home yesterday I saw a local ford dealer who has a 2.3 base on the lot.. I figured it had to be a mannequin.. I found it online and requested a test drive (in notes I said I have one on order).. They called back and told me since my reservation isn't through them I cannot drive it.. They said "this is the owners bronco he's letting (Schultz ford wexford reservation holders) drive"

I get it but a small portion of me is like... Wtf... Fomoco sent these for people to drive not restrict.. The people who is allowed to drive are id say 90% committed to buy. You would want other people to drive and lock in a deal right?? This is exactly why I hate this dealer. Oh well blend date 08/02...

Maybe I should name the dealer if someone wants to call in and try a test drive:LOL:
Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
On my way home yesterday I saw a local ford dealer who has a 2.3 base on the lot.. I figured it had to be a mannequin.. I found it online and requested a test drive (in notes I said I have one on order).. They called back and told me since my reservation isn't through them I cannot drive it.. They said "this is the owners bronco he's letting (Schultz ford wexford reservation holders) drive"

I get it but a small portion of me is like... Wtf... Fomoco sent these for people to drive not restrict.. The people who is allowed to drive are id say 90% committed to buy. You would want other people to drive and lock in a deal right?? This is exactly why I hate this dealer. Oh well blend date 08/02...

Maybe I should name the dealer if someone wants to call in and try a test drive:LOL:
They want to keep the miles off it so they can resell it. They probably have a deposit on it already.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Counterpoint - Ford sent these to dealers to keep THEIR reservation holders interested / on the hook, not to entertain every tire kicker coming through the door.

They also are able to sell it after 6 months so the less miles the better. It's something shiny and new to get people in the door - something to keep their clients happy - and something to make them money at the end of the day.

You have an order through another dealership - you're literally their worst case scenario customer competition.

sliwa

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
They said "this is the owners bronco he's letting (Schultz ford wexford reservation holders) drive"

The people who is allowed to drive are id say 90% committed to buy. You would want other people to drive and lock in a deal right?? This is exactly why I hate this dealer. Oh well blend date 08/02...

Might actually be the owners personal Bronco? Shady, but 🤷‍♂️.
Also, you don’t think every car nut that drives by wouldn’t stop for a test drive? I would, reservation or not!

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
my local dealer has a demo and is letting everyone drive it. And I don't have my reservation with them. And so many people want to drive it so they had to have an online reservation system to sign up for 45 mins slots.

Sponsored

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
my local dealer has a demo and is letting everyone drive it. And I don't have my reservation with them. And so many people want to drive it so they had to have an online reservation system to sign up for 45 mins slots.
One near me did the same, I have a Chapman reservation but Koch 33 is close(ish) and they got almost my exact build BD 2.7 2-Door. Called them up, they were super nice 9A the next morning they tossed me the keys and told me to have fun. I was very transparent about having a reservation elsewhere too.

If you're near Allentown I'd highly recommend checking them out, very nice guys.

OP
OP
Ig_bronco

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Counterpoint - Ford sent these to dealers to keep THEIR reservation holders interested / on the hook, not to entertain every tire kicker coming through the door.

They also are able to sell it after 6 months so the less miles the better. It's something shiny and new to get people in the door - something to keep their clients happy - and something to make them money at the end of the day.

You have an order through another dealership - you're literally their worst case scenario customer competition.
I get it. 6 months to sell keep miles low Maybe a part of me was hoping to get in being a holder but obviously from another dealer. They should probably take it off autotrader then.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Strange. Mine called me for a quick test drive. Then after the test drive told me they would be calling me (they are going down the line based on res time stamps) to let me take it home for 2 days. Funny to see how different dealers operate.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP - i found this is pretty common around me based on some dealers i spoke to in the tri-state area. Dont get me wrong, some will happily let anyone test drive. But i guess i heard this from enough dealers that it made me not feel offended.

Sponsored

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My local dealer just got one in Saturday. The sales manager said no test drives because she thinks she's going to buy it after the demo period. :rolleyes: Add in the fact that they knew absolutely nothing about the vehicle. No wonder i'm looking at a dealer 3.5 hours away to get one.

OP
OP
Ig_bronco

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A dealer down south was supposed to call me when their mannequin came in. They called a week ago left voice mail about having sports in. I'm pretty sure she goofed the name.. All things considered I may call back. I even told them I have a reservation somewhere else and they didn't care

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I walked into the Ford dealer by my house and they just tossed me the keys. They even asked me before about a reservation and I flat out told them, I called you but you never called me back. Then I went back 2 days later, told a different person the same thing. He just tossed me the keys and told me to take it on the highway on my way back and have fun.

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

So now that you know their game, just show up, tell them you are interested in a Bronco and you would like to test drive it

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had a dealer say basically the same thing to me. I was willing to go 120 miles round trip to drive it but the dickheads won't let me. I don't think the dealers should be getting 2 door Sasquatches anyways as the MIC and Sasquatch are the 2 biggest constraints.
Sponsored