Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can't tell where you see installed price vs just purchase price.
Right below the price ( in the case $110 ) hit the link “ Get local pricing “. Plug in a zip code and pick a local dealer. Once you do this, ever item that has the ability to be dealer installed will list an install price to add to your cart.
Again -dealer prices vary and I am told by Ford that you need to buy the install price and have it shipped to the dealer not just show up at the dealer with the part in hand.
Edit- It appears that some dealers do not have install prices. Of four that I tried one did not show an install option.
Sponsored

Last edited:

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't tell where you see installed price vs just purchase price.
There is no installed price listed on-line. Dealers have a list of part numbers with an estimated install times. I think they do this to help us schedule for this install but they definitely aren't accurate. The trailer wiring shows 2.0 hours but if you look at the instructions you have to run the wire from the battery, remove trim going back to cargo area, cargo area floor, both cargo area trim panels and the left rear tail light housing all before making any electrical connections. My way isn't going to have a wire running from the front but will still require rear quarter trim and maybe tail light housing. Most will be plug and play.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is no installed price listed on-line. Dealers have a list of part numbers with an estimated install times. I think they do this to help us schedule for this install but they definitely aren't accurate. The trailer wiring shows 2.0 hours but if you look at the instructions you have to run the wire from the battery, remove trim going back to cargo area, cargo area floor, both cargo area trim panels and the left rear tail light housing all before making any electrical connections. My way isn't going to have a wire running from the front but will still require rear quarter trim and maybe tail light housing. Most will be plug and play.
That’s what Ford and my dealer thought until they installed my tube steps for $50. Here’s hitch wiring local install pricing on the official Ford Accessory site. A lot of dealers are in for a surprisie. The price shown is linked to a specific dealer.

Ford Bronco Dealer installed tow package, beware of cost 0077D996-D69A-4856-8E5C-90B53F347DBA

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s what Ford and my dealer thought until they installed my tube steps for $50. Here’s hitch wiring local install pricing on the official Ford Accessory site. A lot of dealers are in for a surprisie.

Ford Bronco Dealer installed tow package, beware of cost 0077D996-D69A-4856-8E5C-90B53F347DBA
Crap that's right. We can enable that option in the ecommerce portal, forgot about that. Well, at least you know their labor rate is $137.50.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
@flip please try it. Your install pricing shows up on the retail end.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Keep us informed flip. And you're way ahead of me, but I suppose you could get 12V out of the passenger side quarter trim at the outlet.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Keep us informed flip. And you're way ahead of me, but I suppose you could get 12V out of the passenger side quarter trim at the outlet.
If you do your own install, it looks like @flip is putting out the best pricing on parts. If your looking for a dealer to do the install, there may be bargains out there. My dealer was good enough to honor the site install price. That’s not going to last.

Last edited:

Eggsalad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V8 4Runner 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I the problem is the days of tapping into the wiring at the back tails lights is gone. The electric circuits are closely designed to only handle the load of a single lamp. That's how the system knows when there is a problem with lamp.
The module eliminates this problem by drawing power from a 12+ source for the trailer lamps and using vehicle lamp signals to switch the power to the trailer lamps.
Yeah, Canbus 12v systems are tricky. If adding a simple 4-pin electrics is a pain adding a 7-pin will be a major pain.

Derby

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why would you order a hitch and harness instead of having it installed at the factory? Seems like a lot of wasted time.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why would you order a hitch and harness instead of having it installed at the factory? Seems like a lot of wasted time.
Not available on Base. Part constraints on other models. Wiring just became available.

Sponsored

Derby

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not available on Base. Part constraints on other models. Wiring just became available.
I see, I will never understand the package and accessories Ford offers.

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That’s what Ford and my dealer thought until they installed my tube steps for $50. Here’s hitch wiring local install pricing on the official Ford Accessory site. A lot of dealers are in for a surprisie. The price shown is linked to a specific dealer.

I had to choose like 5 different dealers to find one doing install and for this it is $330.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well Jeff, at least now we know who's fault it is............:cool:

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m not even getting the wiring. Oh well. Is what it is.
@618TRVLWILD Ashley, from another post it's my understanding to install just the hitch all you need to do is remove the rear bumper cover. After that it a piece of cake.

BTW, if you're just using your hitch like me i.e. bike rack etc. here's a Curt that is cheaper. Per the install instructions it doesn't look like the bumper cover needs to be removed.

https://www.etrailer.com/hitch-2021_Ford_Bronco.htm

Last edited:

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@618TRVLWILD Ashley, from another post it's my understanding to install just the hitch all you need to do is remove the rear bumper cover. After that it a piece of cake.
I have mine all set up through my dealer. I’m paying $400 bucks.
Sponsored