Sponsored

Has anyone done a Dealer installed Tow package?

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was quoted $650 for 4&7 pin with brake control installed from 2 different shops I’ve yet do either still looking at other options
That sounds crazy good with the 7 pin and brake controller. Installing the 7 pin looks far more time consuming than the 4 pin, were you simply tap into the tailgate lights and run a line underneath to the battery.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PhillySpecial18

PhillySpecial18

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco / 2017 Mustang / 2012 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did the ford receiver and 4-pin kit on my own. Not difficult but time consuming to route wires cleanly. Took a whole afternoon.
Is the 4 pin what would come with a tow package for bronco from manufacturer? What’s difference between that and 7 pin? Thanks

OP
OP
PhillySpecial18

PhillySpecial18

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can also have the dealer wire up the 4pin for a cost. That’s fine if you’re planning on using an occasional utility trailer.

If you’re just going to use it for a bike rack or cargo carrier just go install a $150 Curt hitch yourself in 15 minutes.
Yea I think I want it for small trailers like a kayak holder. So 4 pin done by dealer would probably be what I have to do. Maybe I can work it into financing if/when bronco gets delivered. I can see the accessories are of course more on Ford Accesories vs from manufacturer but didn’t seem to be too much more with parts and labor. Is $1000 about what I should expect to pay dealer if done after delivery?

OP
OP
PhillySpecial18

PhillySpecial18

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Once I got a VIN after dropping tow I had my dealer get the Ford 4 pin tow parts. They did the install before I picked it up.

I thought that was a better option than spending an afternoon trying to run the wires myself.
That’s great. Did they allow you to include that in the financing? And how much did it cost? Thanks!

OP
OP
PhillySpecial18

PhillySpecial18

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP, I just recently had the OEM hitch and 4 pin installed. The Bronco will never haul anything outside of my bike rack or a small utility trailer so I’m perfectly fine with just the 4 pin. There are cheaper options available but I used Ford pass points that covered 80% of total cost.

740FF12A-F34C-4263-BA6A-37115FFD1BCB.jpeg
Thanks for that update. Really appreciate it. Just so I’m understanding, does the Tow package that you can add to a Bronco order (let’s say the 3/27 order bank) come with the 4 or 7 pin for the $590? I only need the 4 pin and will likely have the dealer do it after delivery so I can keep it off my build to get scheduled faster. Glad to know the 4 pin and hitch gives the capability I need which is lights for a small trailer.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PhillySpecial18

PhillySpecial18

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
PhillySpecial18

PhillySpecial18

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was quoted $650 for 4&7 pin with brake control installed from 2 different shops I’ve yet do either still looking at other options
That’s seems like a great deal if they do a good job??? From FMC isn’t it $590 for tow package which is without the brake controller? And if you do toe package with ford after delivery if vehicle, I think it would be even more because it’s done at dealer with parts and labor.

OP
OP
PhillySpecial18

PhillySpecial18

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That sounds crazy good with the 7 pin and brake controller. Installing the 7 pin looks far more time consuming than the 4 pin, were you simply tap into the tailgate lights and run a line underneath to the battery.
That’s what I thought! What a deal!??

BD6G

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Thanks for that update. Really appreciate it. Just so I’m understanding, does the Tow package that you can add to a Bronco order (let’s say the 3/27 order bank) come with the 4 or 7 pin for the $590? I only need the 4 pin and will likely have the dealer do it after delivery so I can keep it off my build to get scheduled faster. Glad to know the 4 pin and hitch gives the capability I need which is lights for a small trailer.
If you order the tow package on your build you should get 7 pin with 4 pin adapter if I’m not mistaken. If you do go OEM afterwards it will be a fair bit more expensive than some of the aftermarket options mentioned here. Just a quick breakdown for me going all OEM -

Receiver plus install - paid using points total out of pocket cash 54.87

wiring harness plus install - 353.52

I had to get the wiring harness about a month later due to back order status on the part.

If you pay all cash for it once received you’ll more than likely be over the 590.00 from the factory install.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yea I think I want it for small trailers like a kayak holder. So 4 pin done by dealer would probably be what I have to do. Maybe I can work it into financing if/when bronco gets delivered. I can see the accessories are of course more on Ford Accesories vs from manufacturer but didn’t seem to be too much more with parts and labor. Is $1000 about what I should expect to pay dealer if done after delivery?
They should be able to roll it in for you without a problem. You can find the retail pricing and install cost on the Ford accessory website beforehand. Good luck with everything!

Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s great. Did they allow you to include that in the financing? And how much did it cost? Thanks!
It was $295. And yes, it was part of the total purchase price so it could have been financed.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
First off, love your fishing quote haha. Second, thanks for that. So it wasn’t too difficult for you yourself to add the 4 pin which gives you the hitch and wiring for light s on a trailer? That’s pretty great
The hitch took all of 30 min, and that was with taking the bumper off and reinstall. The harness took maybe another 30-45 min. It was plug /play only thing I had to do was mount ground wire to the frame. These are the items I bought,,,,

https://www.etrailer.com/Custom_Fit_Vehicle_Wiring/CURT/C42WR.html

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z6RZCVF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09Q5V2LNC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bosshog_tundra

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That’s seems like a great deal if they do a good job??? From FMC isn’t it $590 for tow package which is without the brake controller? And if you do toe package with ford after delivery if vehicle, I think it would be even more because it’s done at dealer with parts and labor.
Yea it’s not bad I have already purchased the hitch though so it’s mainly for the harness and running the wiring so just checking my options first

OP
OP
PhillySpecial18

PhillySpecial18

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Be interested in it only being $650 for the 7 pin which seems more complicated and involves. Any luck?
Sponsored