Sponsored

Has anyone done a Dealer installed Tow package?

PhillySpecial18

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco / 2017 Mustang / 2012 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looking for anyone’s experience getting a tow package (hitch and wiring for brake lights) after delivery of their Bronco? Did Ford do yours or did you go after market with someone else? Price? Recommendations since I’ll keep Tow off my 3/27 build order to hopefully get it scheduled faster?
Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can also have the dealer wire up the 4pin for a cost. That’s fine if you’re planning on using an occasional utility trailer.

If you’re just going to use it for a bike rack or cargo carrier just go install a $150 Curt hitch yourself in 15 minutes.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once I got a VIN after dropping tow I had my dealer get the Ford 4 pin tow parts. They did the install before I picked it up.

I thought that was a better option than spending an afternoon trying to run the wires myself.

Sponsored

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can also have the dealer wire up the 4pin for a cost. That’s fine if you’re planning on using an occasional utility trailer.

If you’re just going to use it for a bike rack or cargo carrier just go install a $150 Curt hitch yourself in 15 minutes.
Just so people are aware, Curt’s website lists them for ~160, but you can get it a little bit cheaper elsewhere. For example, I got mine for <100 during a sale on ticklemybronco.

Websites like ticklemybronco, panda, real truck (?) and others have the hitch listed for ~120.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
NAPA $98.50 +tax, free shipping to your door for the receiver, as mentioned installs in a matter of minutes.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was told that Tow would hold up my 3/27 order I put in so I took it off. I was told that they could put a hitch on at the dealer no issue. When I was looking to order a wrangler there was more to the tow package than just a hitch. I asked my salesman about that and he said there is nothing in adding tow and getting the 4/7 pin connectors other than a hitch and a connector holders with wires spliced into the tail light loom. No "brains at all".

I just read the link in post #2 above and it seems from what I see there sales guy was once again misinformed and blowing smoke. It is a fantastic write up and looks doable but I have zero time and don't really want to deal with it so i am going to add it back to my order and roll the dice.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was told that Tow would hold up my 3/27 order I put in so I took it off. I was told that they could put a hitch on at the dealer no issue. When I was looking to order a wrangler there was more to the tow package than just a hitch. I asked my salesman about that and he said there is nothing in adding tow and getting the 4/7 pin connectors other than a hitch and a connector holders with wires spliced into the tail light loom. No "brains at all".

I just read the link in post #2 above and it seems from what I see there sales guy was once again misinformed and blowing smoke. It is a fantastic write up and looks doable but I have zero time and don't really want to deal with it so i am going to add it back to my order and roll the dice.
You can get the 4pin after deliver no problem and it will work the lights on any utility trailer or small camper. The 7pin I believe needs some brains from the Bronco control module. If you’re towing small it’s not an issue at all. If you’re planning to max out the 3,500lb with a camper it might be worth adding to your order for the 7 pin.

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

Don't worry. You have a couple of years to decide what you want to do.

Sponsored

BD6G

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

OP, I just recently had the OEM hitch and 4 pin installed. The Bronco will never haul anything outside of my bike rack or a small utility trailer so I’m perfectly fine with just the 4 pin. There are cheaper options available but I used Ford pass points that covered 80% of total cost.

740FF12A-F34C-4263-BA6A-37115FFD1BCB.jpeg

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Don't worry. You have a couple of years to decide what you want to do.
No kidding right! It is all about the wait, I am far to cheap to pay an ADM!

Abbe

Outer Banks
First Name
Abbe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC HD AT4, Range Rover Evoque rag top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Took mine to local UHaul. They list the price online (inexpensive and quick). Easy.

Bosshog_tundra

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was quoted $650 for 4&7 pin with brake control installed from 2 different shops I’ve yet do either still looking at other options
Sponsored