John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus is350c, F-150, F-250 on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered my Bronco through a dealer 250 miles from my home in order to get a better deal. I am looking to order a custom F-250 (knowing the long lead time). I have contacted this dealer to see what can be done to assist. From a lower margin Bronco, they may win business on a high price truck. Without the deal on the Bronco, they never would have been a dealer that I contacted. But, let's see if they will offer a "deal" on the F-250.
Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I dont even have to go to the dealership and I’ll just pay $450-500 for shipping out of the $4k+ in savings getting the below invoice deal. I’ll pay $450 all day long if it means I don't have to step foot in a auto dealership.
That's a good deal. Enjoy!

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I figure I'm saving about 3K with Stephens with the 1K below invoice and the Doc fees than I would of in Columbia SC. Sales tax on vehicles in South Carolina are capped at $500. Four years ago it was still at $300.
No deals like that in California unless you got in with Serramonte Ford early on. I ordered through them and they've been great, I'm getting MSRP so I'm happy with that, but invoice or below would have been awesome. Our sales tax is astronomical but there's no way around it.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Because they won't otherwise get that sale or that car on their lot. This is a somewhat unique situation because the Broncos aren't expected/intended to hit lots until reservations are fulfilled, so, theoretically, the only way that a dealer could sell the Bronco is to negotiate with you for a special order. I don't care if there's a chip shortage or high demand or a low number of F-150s on your lot, dealers ain't selling Broncos unless we order them, and I would think, given the low stock overall at the moment, that the security of a guaranteed sale would be sufficient leverage on our side to get a decent deal.

This was actually one of the things I liked about the reservation system: it caused dealers to compete for reservations in order to (i) get sales and (ii) improve their allocations. We would not have seen deals like Granger, Stephens, etc. if this had gone straight to dealers like a typical launch (which is why so many dealers hated it). Consumers actually had some leverage this time around.
if you got a great deal, kudos. but normally when dealer has someone willing to do a special order, those are the customers who you consider an enthusiast. an enthusiast tends to be a motivated buyer. a motivated buyer tends to be willing to pay MSRP and sometimes more (the ford gt roll out comes to mind). generally speaking the customer doesn't really have much leverage when ordering a product on back order. if a dealer is willing to discount a sale, i say give them your business. if not and you want a better price shop around or wait until there is a surplus of stock sitting on the lots and get one then. did you get a deal on your purchase?

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No deals like that in California unless you got in with Serramonte Ford early on. I ordered through them and they've been great, I'm getting MSRP so I'm happy with that, but invoice or below would have been awesome. Our sales tax is astronomical but there's no way around it.
I had to place a lot of faith that this dealership wouldn't change or jerk me around. It turns out they are on the level and I now feel confident in my decision to change to them. Other than it's a 10 hour round trip it was totally worth it not to buy locally. I'll probably have to get it registered myself but that's not a big deal. The other plus side to my scheduled August date is I will be able to transfer my tags from my current ride to my Bronco and avoid the higher county property taxes until next August.

Sponsored

NVBronco813

Big Bend
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I happened to be passing a ford dealership today and figured I'd stop in and see if they had a mannequin show up. Turns out, one had been delivered 30 minutes prior! And damn near my exact build. They let me get in and look around, but no test drives yet as they hadn't even gassed it up yet. Yes, it was awesome.

In full disclosure, I told the dealer that I had ordered through another dealer in the area. He asked why I didn't order through them. I told him I tried, but the sales guy wouldn't budge from MSRP and I found a dealer that would give invoice pricing. His reply? "No way, no dealer in his right mind would sell for less than MSRP". I informed him I have it in writing and signed. His reply "you'll never see that truck". Ok...

I have had a great relationship with my dealer throughout this entire process. However, do you think this crap could/will actually happen? Where dealers agree on price only to renege on the deal?
Sounds to me like someone is a bitter Betty they aren’t getting your business…

& now we all know why they don’t deserve it.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
there is a car shortage. when i went to my dealer to order my bronco they had 5 new cars in stock. there is a semiconductor shortage, and a lack of new stock. that is why used cars are selling for more than the retail price they were purchased for...
I had to find a vehicle for a friend who was in an accident on July 3rd (talk about being over a barrel) and having to find not only a vehicle that met her needs, but to get one immediately without getting completely abused.

There were less than 10 new cars on the lot, and yes, I felt lucky getting a vehicle at MSRP with a minimum of dealer fees and shenanigans (documentation fee was $150).

Down the street, they were asking 4-6k over sticker on a Bronco sport Big Bend and over MSRP for a 2020 ecoboost Mustang with 20k on the odometer - hard pass. The dealership we were at had just sold a Civic SI at 7500 over MSRP... because they could. I don't even blame them for that. I blame the consumers for paying it (and yes, I blame myself and my friend for being willing to pay MSRP - normal market conditions that would not have happened).

Anyway, when you are unable to wait for a deal, you lose much of your negotiating power. Sure, you can walk away, but they are not going to have a problem selling the vehicle that had been on the lot only for a few days.

LS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
100 Series
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Since you have it in writing, sounds pretty solid

For those interested in a technical answer, an agreement that cannot be performed in a year (e.g., this is the joke part of the response for the super nerds) in most states is subject to the statute of frauds. Thus, to make it enforceable against the party to be charged, you need it the offer to be in writing signed by the dealer. The non-technical response, I would actually be surprised to see a dealer back out of a deal in a world where a few Yelp reviews causes them some angst.
you forgot your disclaimer "this is not legal advise"...
Sponsored