First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is Ford doing anything to limit dealer markup? I have contacted my dealership and asked about additional markup above MSRP. They replied that they don't have pricing info yet. Not the most encouraging answer.

If my dealer can't guarantee MSRP is it possible to switch dealers? Can reservations be transferred? I would hate to wait a long time only to find that they put a huge markup on my Launch Edition.
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is Ford doing anything to limit dealer markup? I have contacted my dealership and asked about additional markup above MSRP. They replied that they don't have pricing info yet. Not the most encouraging answer.

If my dealer can't guarantee MSRP is it possible to switch dealers? Can reservations be transferred? I would hate to wait a long time only to find that they put a huge markup on my Launch Edition.
I called my dealer prior to the reveal and they straight up told me no mark up and they accept x plan pricing. They seemed kind of surprised that I knew so much about the Bronco already even though I've been calling them periodically for the past year. :LOL: I would call around to other dealers until you get the answer you like. You should be able to change the dealer/reservation from what I read on the website.

OP
OP
High Proof

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I asked mine again and this is the answer:

"Remember if you don't like the price your $100 is refundable. As of now I have NO pricing information. It has not been released to us yet."

So how does one go about switching your reservation to another dealer? That was an obnoxious response. I have one of 3500 First Editions. Not gonna just walk away from it and let them sell it at a huge markup to someone else.

Last edited:

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I called my dealer prior to the reveal and they straight up told me no mark up and they accept x plan pricing. They seemed kind of surprised that I knew so much about the Bronco already even though I've been calling them periodically for the past year. :LOL: I would call around to other dealers until you get the answer you like. You should be able to change the dealer/reservation from what I read on the website.
Super helpful!

Just realized my company also has the trade partner code. I never knew about x-pricing.
Just shot an email over to my dealer to see if they can match no ADM and honor X-pricing.

CrazyHorse

Badlands
First Name
Yuri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yamaha R1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same experience. Dealers don't know any of the details, some say they'll sell at MSRP, no more no less, others can't even commit to that. If unhappy you go directly through ford.com to switch dealers and keep you reservation, it's detailed under your account.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So how does one go about switching your reservation to another dealer?
I'm not sure if you can do it online, but they do have an 800 number you can call. They can probably give you help on that.

OP
OP
High Proof

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same experience. Dealers don't know any of the details, some say they'll sell at MSRP, no more no less, others can't even commit to that. If unhappy you go directly through ford.com to switch dealers and keep you reservation, it's detailed under your account.
Thanks. I will take a look at that and then contact some other dealers. I'm not looking to get a discount even. Just want to know that they won't mark it up.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m lucky in that my dealer is also my company’s supplier of vehicles. I have a fleet account with them and now own over 100 shares of Ford Stock. If they don’t give me X plan pricing I will take my purchase and my company account (dozens of vehicles of business) elsewhere.

razius

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is what is super annoying. You should be able to preorder and not worry about the prices announced be marked up. What's the point of a reservation. Whether you like Tesla or not, I like their no nonsense the price is the price and your position in line is when you will get to exercise that price.

Sponsored

79Bronco-iowa

First Name
Iowan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

You sure can switch dealers. I'm not sure where you are located but a dealer near me is offering $1000 off invoice pricing o. All trims. https://www.grangerford.com/new-ford-bronco.html

Its probably worth your while to give them a call. Ford is going to let dealers set pricing just like on the MACHE

gshorn

Wildtrak
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f150 platinum
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I read that Ford is going to put a lot of pressure to keep the pricing at MSRP we shall see, I went to my dealer awhile back and he wanted 10k over for a Raptor so they have been doing it already.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When the JL came out I walked into our biggest Jeep dealer in the area. I had pricing from Koons Jeep out East who is known for great deals. They were offering 5% below invoice pricing at the time. I told them I was prepared to travel to Koons to get this deal but wanted to see if they'd be able to match. I also told them that if they matched, I would notify all the forums about the deal and it would likely net them a few more sales. They agreed to the deal and it in turn netted them 4 sales in the first week alone. Win win for all parties involved.

I can't emphasize this enough... when it comes to car purchasing you need to find a sales person who is actually willing to listen. A lot of the time they are broken records and just throw-up stats and nonsense on you. Most of us here already know more about the vehicle than most of them anyways. Bottom line is they want to make sales. Go in there prepared and say " this is what I want, give it to me and we got a deal right here and now. If not I'm prepared to walk. Also, I can probably net you guys more business than just mine." The dealership I work with has since sold my family 2 other vehicles that aren't Jeep at 5% below invoice as well. When I go on Truecar.com we are always below the lowest numbers on there.

Last edited:

BoneyRoads

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My local dealer (Southeast Texas) just told me their ADM is $5K on the Sport and $15K on the Bronco. Looks like I'm finding a new local dealer.
Bye Felicia
Sponsored