Sponsored

Dealer ordered a Bronco they knew I didn't want...

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most likely the salesman rolled it over knowing full well that if you cancel and ask for your deposit back they still get to keep the vehicle when built and will have inventory on the lot to sell (likely at ADM). Ask for your money back and use another dealer if you still want a Bronco. a BL will set you back a very pretty penny over the BB. I also believe that the BD will give you 2.7L as long as you are willing to live with mid pkg - which you must have since the BB did not have access to Lux
Not likely. Dealer would rather have a loaded BL or WT to sell off Iot the lot. And gone are the days of a dealer having to use a canceled order to get inventory. There are currently only half a months production of unscheduled orders remaining in the system. Also gone are the days of ADM. Especially on a 2.3 BB non-squatch, lol.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WestVirginia

Base
First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nationwide search for what you want, fly to the closest and best deal, drive back.

I did that just over a year ago and I am much better off than if I had been Bronco-less for a year.
I did the same thing 20 months ago and did NOT pay a markup.

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
If you can stand the white top, the HE would be another option, it will probably be cheaper than a non-sas Badlands. At this point, I'd just buy off the lot, Broncos seem to me stacking up at dealerships.
I upgraded my Basesquatch to an HE and I love it, the HE is the best value for sure.

BUFFBRONCOS

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nationwide search for what you want, fly to the closest and best deal, drive back.

I did that just over a year ago and I am much better off than if I had been Bronco-less for a year.
Did the same thing! Except mine was a 22 new off the lot

C-Note

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Get your deposit back and try elsewhere.

Sponsored

Twister22

Badlands
First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor 1965 Mustang 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I canceled my first Bronco and went to another dealership because they sold them at $50.00 over invoice pricing which would have ended saving me around $4200. Ford contacted me that mine was getting ready to be built. I then noticed it was the first Bronco that I had cancelled. I accepted the vehicle from the first dealership even though it was at MSRP and called them to let them know that I had accepted it. They never said a word about me cancelling it. All was good. Then a few months latter the second Bronco was cancelled due to no hardtops or tow package. Got lucky I guess!!

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hate to say this, but this whole ordering process, especially with the model year roll overs and trying to preserve price protection has been full of pot holes. There were very specific deadlines in the fall every year and required actions or they would do things by default. In some cases dealers (mine tried doing this) would "take care of it" without customer input but like in my case there were model changes which affected my build requiring me to seelct new choices.

Fortunately, most of the backlog is gone, so a build that doesn't hit constrained items is likely to get built in a reasonable time. Unfortunately there are still constraints and some options will be difficult to get. And that all so difficult to guess dealer allocation.

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
28? On the lot? Which dealer in North Texas would that be? I am a bit skeptical on that claim.
Planet Park Cities Ford. They are now offering $2000 dealer discount on most. Last summer when I was there they had close to 35 on their lot, I looked at almost all of them, most of them are 2023 models.
Sponsored