john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

just talked with my dealer and noticed that there was a refund of 100 dollars to my account. he told me due to me converting my reservation to an order he send a refund of the deposit. All is going thought with my order and nothing to worry about. Has anyone else received this from there dealers?
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Most dealers are holding onto that $100 as a deposit or asking for more. As long as you're confident your order was submitted, it seems like a very nice thing for your dealer to do.

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm in Canada and my 100 was refunded shortly after my order was converted, I also called Ford.ca to follow up and everything was in the sytem.

Lou

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

just talked with my dealer and noticed that there was a refund of 100 dollars to my account. he told me due to me converting my reservation to an order he send a refund of the deposit. All is going thought with my order and nothing to worry about. Has anyone else received this from there dealers?
Yes. My dealer did the same.

OP
OP
lonediver2002

lonediver2002

Big Bend
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Most dealers are holding onto that $100 as a deposit or asking for more. As long as you're confident your order was submitted, it seems like a very nice thing for your dealer to do.
I guess I got lucky with Gary Yeoman ford Daytona/Palm Bay. Pretty confident with order going though. returned deposit and did not request any down payment.

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I transferred dealers and my new dealer didn't even ask for the $100. Said they weren't gonna hold onto people's money for that long and just let em know if I wanted to cancel.

kylesredapple

Base
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 F150 4x4 SB, 16 f150, 15 powerstroke,94 Honda A
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer charged me another $400 on top of my original deposit. Should I have protested?

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My dealer charged me another $400 on top of my original deposit. Should I have protested?
Deposits have been discussed extensively on this forum. Everyone has a different tolerance for how much they're willing to hand over before the vehicle is in front of them. We've seen reports of deposits ranging from nothing more than the $100 to $5000. Personally, $500 doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ended up paying $500 for a deposit.

Im buying the truck so I don't really care if its $100, $500 or $1000.

If for some reason I thought I might back out of the purchase later then I would have to think about it, but Im can't imagine a situation where I would short of losing my job that would require that. And if that happened losing $500 dollars would be the least of my problems.

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Forgot to mention I put a deposit of 1000 down

Sponsored

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine asked for an additional $500. No big deal with stimulus check already deposited. :p

OP
OP
lonediver2002

lonediver2002

Big Bend
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

anyone know a good number to call from bronco reservation/orders. the lady I am talking to keep looking for a vin #. she does not understand the convert from reservation to order

Jer

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands,2017 F350, 2023 F150L, 1976 K20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer refunded the $100 shortly after conversation. Sounds like it is easier for their accounting.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Probably not unheard of. My dealer told me that when my build started they would require a $500 deposit. I'm guessing it will be $400 plus the $100 they already have.

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Forgot to mention I put a deposit of 1000 down
Same. And I'm okay with that as long as I can still get can get the car in a reasonable timeframe. Now, if my order drags out more than 9 months or so and I'm seeing these things on the lot, I'm gonna want it back. I also think that orders with money down should be given some weight. I can see some dealers giving better priority codes to people who haven't put their money down just to get cash in-hand. A part of me believes that once they have the deposit, they have less incentive to push the order because they already have 100% free money. There's nothing that really states that they can't push me back to 2030. There's also nothing that prevents Ford for changing the pricing code and doubling the price of the vehicle for model year 2022 if I can't get a 2021.
Sponsored