First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Chevy K2500, 07 HD Nightrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer finally contacted me for the first time since March. Said that if I wanted to get my Bronco sooner I could change to a soft top or continue to wait. I have had a VIN since the end of May. Is there any validity to what I am being told, or could this likely drop my order altogether? This forum has certainly been more helpful than my dealer has been by far so I am sure someone has a concise answer. @Administrator if this is already a fully covered topic I apologize.
*UPDATE* So the GM called after the salesman did and addressed my concerns. Apparently he has done this with 4 other orders so far and gotten them scheduled. He is asking all of the hardtop order holders. I have some issues with this. If everyone switches to softop , how long before the soft top is a constraint? Also, if the next scheduling is for late September and the hard tops are starting again in October, how much time would one suspect that they could save changing at this point?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It certainly could be valid. The delays with the hard tops are well documented.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once you have been issued a VIN you are unable to make any changes. There have been a few rare circumstances where customers have had paint color changed post VIN but the underlaying issue was the dealer ordered the wrong color.

I am thinking that the salesperson was just spewing their talking points on how best to get a MY21 without understanding it does not apply to those who already have a VIN>

mjbk12

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer finally contacted me for the first time since March. Said that if I wanted to get my Bronco sooner I could change to a soft top or continue to wait. I have had a VIN since the end of May. Is there any validity to what I am being told, or could this likely drop my order altogether? This forum has certainly been more helpful than my dealer has been by far so I am sure someone has a concise answer. @Administrator if this is already a fully covered topic I apologize.
You can search for the answer, but what I heard back from Granger was once i had my VIN and a scheduled production date that i couldnt change to a soft top. And my first production date was July 16th.

Sponsored

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I changed my Build after getting a vin. I switched from MIC to soft top on 8/12/21. I have had my VIN since april.

My build has updated to a build date of 8/30 now.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I changed my Build after getting a vin. I switched from MIC to soft top on 8/12/21. I have had my VIN since april.

My build has updated to a build date of 8/30 now.
Pretty sure 8/30 is simply a parking date they're using for all current orders with VINs and not a real build date. I still have the MIC and I'm allegedly 8/30 also (along with a large number of people on this forum).

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder, if the dealer tries to ADM the vehicle, you lose your shit and cause a scene, cite delay after delay, identify the sales person as uneducated [about the product, delays, general lack of communication and just lacking in general], you could manage to pin them to at invoice or dealer cost... worth a shot, some fun, video it and get some relief...

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've read several posts saying that if you have a vin and your date has been moved, it's because you truck is actually built but since ford considers the tops defective then they won't consider the truck "built and ready" for delivery. They kept moving the goal posts hoping the new tooling would be in place and ready to go...

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

3DFAEDD8-639C-4518-B517-9844A6F0FFDA.gif

Sponsored
OP
OP
PapaWE

PapaWE

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Chevy K2500, 07 HD Nightrain
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've read several posts saying that if you have a vin and your date has been moved, it's because you truck is actually built but since ford considers the tops defective then they won't consider the truck "built and ready" for delivery. They kept moving the goal posts hoping the new tooling would be in place and ready to go...
I think if that were true for everyone then there should at least be a window sticker available. I have no window sticker. Just push after push since first build date of July 26. Like many Badland builds

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if it's something you'd consider doing, just tell the dealer to go for it, see what happens. Apparently at least one person here could do this change, maybe the type of roof is not coded into the info in the VIN? And with the MIC problems maybe Ford is allowing this one change after you got a VIN? Worth a try if you'd be happy with a soft top (I know I will be) and want to try to get it faster. I got my VIN and build week 8/30 last week, but very much expect that date to shift around a couple of times. But at least I can be pretty sure that I'll get mine this year.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If I had a VIN I would sit tight, and get my Bronco the way I want. But, as others have said I don't think you can change after you get that VIN. But who knows at the point, the situation seems to be quite fluid.

Last edited:

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty sure 8/30 is simply a parking date they're using for all current orders with VINs and not a real build date. I still have the MIC and I'm allegedly 8/30 also (along with a large number of people on this forum).
My build week was 9/20 when I had the MIC I changed it and it moved build week 8/30 and now I'm scheduled to the day of 8/30. My preview shows soft top now as opposed to the MIC.

I am a sales mgr at my Ford store btw. So I just changed it in the WBDO system myself. Did it for science :D.

Everything looks like it worked far as I can tell.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think if that were true for everyone then there should at least be a window sticker available. I have no window sticker. Just push after push since first build date of July 26. Like many Badland builds
That's what I thought but several have said that's not the case. Some have gotten deliveries without the virtual window sticker....
Sponsored