Dealer said it’s impossible

carbonized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi everyone. So I’ve been trying to order a 2022 Wildtrak 4 Door for 10 weeks now. I ended up going through another dealer since my personal dealer for 20+ years couldn’t get it done… all good, but he emailed me saying:

“I was told by our inventory manager that I can put your Bronco in the order bank but the reality is that it will probably never be built. Unfortunately, there are so many orders in the bank already with no capacity to fulfill all the orders. I was told that the best way to get one is either to find one in stock if you can or wait for a year until the backlog is cleared up.”

He also said that without a deposit, I’d have to wait for a 2023 or 2024.

“I could be wrong but based on what I’m hearing, I’d wait for the 2023. They are so backlogged that I don’t think your order would go anywhere and it would be pointless to shell out $500 and have no end in sight.”

At that point I decided to go with another dealer… I still have my Lightning on order with him which is fine, but I was wondering why he said this. Is this true?
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
FYI … tried to change my Wildtrak to a outer banks 3 weeks ago and my dealer said he couldn’t as the ordering system would not accept any orders with a 2.7 or a hardtop.

I bet you can order a 2.3 with a soft top all day long

Pharaoh Edge

Badlands
First Name
Jayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's definitely possible this is true but you never know. Also a possibility of them trying to sell there own bronco builds to you for over msrp. Regardless try a different dealership.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like your dealer is impossible, not your order.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The bronco would be my 4th vehicle at my dealership and I totally trust them. 2 weeks after I tried changing my order from a Wildtrak to an outer banks my Wildtrak order was scheduled.

Sounds like your dealer is impossible, not your order.

Sponsored

judochop

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FYI … tried to change my Wildtrak to a outer banks 3 weeks ago and my dealer said he couldn’t as the ordering system would not accept any orders with a 2.7 or a hardtop.

I bet you can order a 2.3 with a soft top all day long
I've ordered two builds with 2.7 and hardtop this month, the most recent 2 days ago. Maybe depends on region and/or dealership, but doesn't appear to be an across the board constraint by Ford

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried placing an order with a 2.7L about 2 weeks ago and they said the Ford system wouldn't let them process it....

ScottyScooter

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Toyota MR2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think that your dealer is just being honest with you.

The reality is that Ford doesn't have close to the supply of the parts they need to build these cars. They are in a position where they are literally scheduling what they build based on what parts they happen have in stock.

And even after you've waited in line for a long time, they aren't going to "save up" the parts needed to build your car so they can build things in the order that the orders were placed. They're just going to build whatever they can as fast as they can. For example, If they had every part they needed to build your car but they were short on the hardtop, then your car simply wouldn't be scheduled that week and they would use all the Sasquatch parts and other components to build other Broncos. The next week hard tops might be available, but guess what? Now they're out of Sasquatch components, so you don't get scheduled again and the hard top goes on a Big Bend that was ordered months after your car and is being built before yours simply because they actually had all the parts they need to complete that build. When the stars align and they actually have every part needed to build your car, or car still won't get built because there's probably 100,000 people waiting in line ahead of you. Are you getting the idea of what's going on now? It's a mess....
Sponsored