First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've read several posts saying that if you have a vin and your date has been moved, it's because you truck is actually built but since ford considers the tops defective then they won't consider the truck "built and ready" for delivery. They kept moving the goal posts hoping the new tooling would be in place and ready to go...
I believe you may be correct on that as well, time will tell.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've read several posts saying that if you have a vin and your date has been moved, it's because you truck is actually built but since ford considers the tops defective then they won't consider the truck "built and ready" for delivery. They kept moving the goal posts hoping the new tooling would be in place and ready to go...
I don't think this is correct. In the order system it will say "sent to plant" as the status in the Order system (WBDO) when it starts production.

Time will tell obviously but even when I reach out to our Ford Reps they can't tell us exactly what's going on.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My build week was 9/20 when I had the MIC I changed it and it moved build week 8/30 and now I'm scheduled to the day of 8/30. My preview shows soft top now as opposed to the MIC.

I am a sales mgr at my Ford store btw. So I just changed it in the WBDO system myself. Did it for science :D.

Everything looks like it worked far as I can tell.
Well first of all we actual customers are not allowed to make that change once a VIN has been issued (that is directly from Ford). Secondly, I hope that's true for you, I'm just saying that Ford has parked a LOT of builds on 8/30, a lot more than they can possibly build. Until you have a window sticker I wouldn't put much stock in the 8/30 date.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

8/30 is not for the day, it's for the week. I don't know how many they can build in one week, but it's quite some. I fully expect to see my date move around like it did for so many others, but the handful of 8/30 I've seen here can be built in one shift on Monday I'm pretty sure. We'll know in less than two weeks what's going on, I can wait.
By the way , per my dealer's rep, Ford considers the week of 8/30 the first week of "September" and anything built in that week with a soft top will have the hard top prep kit. It's actually listed on my most current DORA too. Just in case somebody was wondering.

Sponsored

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well first of all we actual customers are not allowed to make that change once a VIN has been issued (that is directly from Ford). Secondly, I hope that's true for you, I'm just saying that Ford has parked a LOT of builds on 8/30, a lot more than they can possibly build. Until you have a window sticker I wouldn't put much stock in the 8/30 date.
Your dealer can change it it seems. I didn't have to do anything other than just change it in the wbdo. I didn't ask Ford if it was possible just went in the system and did it. I mainly did it to see it it would allow the change. It did so I left it. Then my build week changed and got an actual build date as well. Hopefully it works. If it doesn't oh well. Was worth the shot.

And yea I don't have much faith in Ford and their timelines at this point either.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder, if the dealer tries to ADM the vehicle, you lose your shit and cause a scene, cite delay after delay, identify the sales person as uneducated [about the product, delays, general lack of communication and just lacking in general], you could manage to pin them to at invoice or dealer cost... worth a shot, some fun, video it and get some relief...
I might pay to see that.
Sponsored