Sponsored

Dealer showing a bronco in stock. I know this is automated but what do you think it means?

MustangSally

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
When I bought my GT 500 last year it showed in stock but it wasn't. Took another two months before it arrived.
Sponsored

MikeD

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When I ordered my Raptor in 2012, once it was built and close to shipping it showed up on the dealers website as in stock even though it was an ordered sold unit.

SpeedTwin

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many of us checked that dealer's site...I did

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are those consumer VINs? Could be the mannequins Ford is building for Dealers during their current Job 1 assemblies and those can never be sold to anyone but can be on dealer lots to drum up even more interest in the Bronco.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealership demo car shows as an in stock vehicle. Those are likely demo broncos.

I noticed this when trying to find a Mach E.

Sponsored

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There’s a jeep dealer near me that moves a ton of MTO jeeps. They all show up on their site as in stock, when they are custom builds and spoken for and not actually there.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are those consumer VINs? Could be the mannequins Ford is building for Dealers during their current Job 1 assemblies and those can never be sold to anyone but can be on dealer lots to drum up even more interest in the Bronco.
Yeah, those could be mannequins...which can be sold to people, but not until after they meet the time requirement for being on the dealer lot.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I expect to see them on dealer lots as soon as deliveries start. Who's to say that the owner, best friend of owner, family, or employee at any given dealership can't place a personal reservation- then the dealer make it a PRIORITY order and place it in the top of their allocation and get one in quick that they will retail. They will be displayed inside with a rope all around them. Show the cash and you get to sit in it or test drive it. It's great advertisement and if someone has the extra cash of course they will sell it and divide the profit.

And heck yeah there is going to be at least a 10K mark up, if not 20K- especially given the current crazy market. Who you know and money goes a long way, unfortunately.

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not that I should even waste my time looking up what those Broncos are to appease the witch hunters here, but they're all mannequins. They're all order type 2, which is not a consumer order. Those are order type 1.

Find something else to accuse the dealers of now. :)

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
And I'm sure this is going to come up for the next 18 months, but customer orders are also going to start showing on dealer's websites as soon as they ship from the plant. That's the flow of inventory and how it feeds from Ford Direct to most dealer's websites.
Sponsored