First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
WT lux, 7/26 res, ordered right away in Jan. Talked to the dealer today and he said to assume I won’t get a ‘22.

What percentages of orders do you think will be filled with MY22s, 3/4?
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
100% of the orders that dealers are coding 99 until 2023 to get their own dealer stock and favored customers taken care of first will not be done in 2022, everything else will

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're dealer like most is just not too bright. Very likely pending some other disaster you'll get a 22, prob late spring.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ask your dealer for a copy of the DORA. DORA stands for “Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement”. As long as the priority code is not a 99, you should be good for a MY22. Unless you have something on there that pushes it to MY23 (like a painted top). They could still change back to a "99" after they print it, but you have a little bit better chance of them not screwing you. If you do not trust that dealer, change to another one... NOW. I am sure there are lots of people on here that can recommend a trustworthy dealer in your area.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I suspect that zero July 2020 reservations* will be MY23. If so, it's because a huge production disaster has occurred. Dealer is either trying to set low expectations, or:
You're dealer like most is just not too bright.
*Not including dual top or modular top, which are already known to be '23.

Reactions: sjp

Sponsored

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

His prognostication is as good as Punxsutawney Phil's or anyone here at B6G.

In other words....who knows. I would never have guessed all the twists, turns, delays and reengineering that occurred over this past year.

What is clear to me is that there will be build constraints through all of '22 (chips, tops et al). How those do or don't impact you, would take a time machine to figure out.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You'll definitely get a MY22.

The only thing that will push you to MY23 is a modular top or dual tops.

OP
OP

J-Dubya

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the feedback. I know I will need to reorder soon (hopefully), I’m planning on switching the WT to a soft top which I think may be the only option for MY22, or at least the standard top for WTs? Is that correct?

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback. I know I will need to reorder soon (hopefully), I’m planning on switching the WT to a soft top which I think may be the only option for MY22, or at least the standard top for WTs? Is that correct?
If you go soft top, with the reservation date you posted, I'd be shocked if you don't get a MY22. I'd think you'd have possession by early-mid summer at the latest, if there aren't any issues with production at the plant.

OP
OP

J-Dubya

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m sure a lot of folks are grappling with this, but with ordering only a short time away, I’m struggling with changing my WT to a soft top.

I would much prefer a hardtop, but I have already waited so long with my bronco. My dealer is offering me zero guidance “switching to a soft top will probably help, but you might be able to your bronco with an MIC next summer anyway.” Next July would be 2 since my reservation, switching to a MIC top might mean I’m still waiting then?

Sponsored

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

100% of the orders that dealers are coding 99 until 2023 to get their own dealer stock and favored customers taken care of first will not be done in 2022, everything else will
OP never did say if he was 99 or not but:
I tried getting my 99 removed last week and the sales manager said Ford wouldn’t let them because the MIC. I called bullshit because the 21 comes standard with the MIC. I told them the kid who put my order in and quit/got fired should have never even 99’d it in the first place. The salesman said the 99 will come off in a couple weeks anyway. I probably shouldn’t have told him to ask the sales manager if he was seriously too lazy to go in and click a few buttons just because the 22 order banks will remove it for him…..that didn’t get me anywhere. I really don’t know why they wouldn’t remove it but my guess had to be allocations or dealer stock.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Right now there’s no crystal ball on what’s going to happen with the next model year. Theoretically we’ll have more info on options etc in the next few weeks but Ford hasn’t exactly been good at meeting their proposed dates. I just hope I can finally have my order accepted and possibly get mine some time in the summer. That’s my dream anyways

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Are the 2023s coming the 3rd or 4th quarter of '22 or sometime in '23?

OP
OP

J-Dubya

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m am not 99, but I knew it a while ago it was hopeless for a 4dr WT hardtop MY21. Now the question, for me, is whether it’s also hopeless for a MY22 hardtop WT.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
More dealer games. In my area dealerships are posting their new Broncos in the used car section of the other brand they sell. Example, the Ford dealer also sells KIA, and they have an OBX two door with 2.7 auto in AMB blue listed as “ used” with 52 miles at the KIA dealership, which sits on the same property as the Ford dealership. Slick way to avoid any issues with Ford and flipping. Obviously, a priority aka dealer bought Bronco solely for flipping. Your WT will be in your hands by Spring at the latest.
Sponsored