First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Has anyone had to deal with a dealer wanting to upcharge any amount over sticker on their order? My first edition is finally built and arriving in a couple weeks (so they say) and dealer wants me to pay over sticker.. this wasn’t ever in the discussions last year so I called Ford and they say it’s up to dealer what they charge. I negotiated them down by 50% of the amount as of now but I think it’s bullshit.

We chose our dealerships and gave them the business for any of us who ordered so long ago.
Let me know how you got around it if so.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hope not---

What is 50% off of the ADM???

Its all BS in my mind. A lot dealers weren't signing purchase orders, just handing out DORAs (like mine did) I have in multiple emails, texts and FB messages MSRP for my FE, but never anyone creating a purchase order contract.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Danny you're not in that boat alone brother. Quite a few here that didn't have their pricing in writing, and signed have been gouged by their dealer. They also got the same reply for Ford. Sadly your dealer seems to be ones of those crooks that know if you don't take the Bronco someone else will buy it at full blown dealer ADM. I wish I had better news for you, but there just isn't any. Good luck, and keep negotiating. You may be able to get them down some more. If not, start asking for little things for free like floor mats, oils changes, extended warranty, etc. to help lower you actual costs over time

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it were anything other than an FE I would tell dealer to pound sand. If adm is too much to tolerate even at 50% then flip it for more and consider it a lesson learned or do what I would do...put it into a wall on the test drive and total it.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealer has zero integrity. I have mine in writing. I have no problem with ADM on abandoned orders, but orders going to reservation holders should be no more than MSRP. My 2 cents...

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That info would of been nice months ago.
Right?!

I wouldn’t walk away. It’s yours. Draw this out. They can’t sell it until you walk away.

make them sell at msrp.

take days, weeks, months. Don’t let them get away with it. Eventually they will want to close it out and get it out of inventory.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Right?!

I wouldn’t walk away. It’s yours. Draw this out. They can’t sell it until you walk away.

make them sell at msrp.

take days, weeks, months. Don’t let them get away with it. Eventually they will want to close it out and get it out of inventory.
That info was known by most on here over a year ago. That is precisely why Ford gave everyone the opportunity to get a commitment from their dealer or change dealers on their reservation to one they could trust.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right?!

make them sell at msrp.

that sounds good on paper but I wonder how much time dealers have to give order holders before they can sale it to someone else.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This forum was full of users trying to warn of this exact situation long ago. That’s why Ford gave you a window to change dealers. If you don’t have an agreement in writing from when the order was placed, your on the short end of this straw unfortunately.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

that sounds good on paper but I wonder how much time dealers have to give order holders before they can sale it to someone else.
Right? I’m not sure we’ve heard anyone try it yet?
I’m sure Ford would like to hear about a dealer selling an FE out from under a reservation holder during “negotiations “ ;)

OP
OP
Kingexporter

Kingexporter

First Edition
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hope not---

What is 50% off of the ADM???

Its all BS in my mind. A lot dealers weren't signing purchase orders, just handing out DORAs (like mine did) I have in multiple emails, texts and FB messages MSRP for my FE, but never anyone creating a purchase order contract.
Yeah they wanted to tack on $10K I said F off. They owe me money for giving them the biz so we’re now at $5K but nothing signed yet by me. My delivery date is 10/17 so I’m looking to see what anyone has done to get around it. I’m not flipping mine so I didn’t want to over pay and a year later they have changed reps like three times so the chain of communication is broken and now they want to play games.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
When you sit down with dealer to put in order make sure you have pricing worked out first if they try to add ADM then do not place your order and look for another dealer letting any potential new dealer know up front that you are not Team ADM I think the counter trick to they trick is they can't sell an "abandoned" order if it isn't order to begin with
Sponsored