The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
The problem is FORD isn't taking on any more new reservations. There's a long line of people who want a Bronco that dont even have a reservation. It's basic price versus demand. The dealerships know this. They want the reservation holders to get pissed and drop out because there's a line of people foaming at the mouth wanting to buy a Bronco and they'll just sell to them above MSRP.

Keep in mind it's the Market. Broncos values are through the roof. Go look up the value of a Bronco especially if it has the Sasquatch package on Kelly Blue book. My Bronco Sasquatchs trade in Value is worth $13k over what I paid. And that's just trade in. I didn't even look at the resale value. Probably going to look today. Lol.
Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That sucks and not all dealers are like that.

I just picked mine up on Monday at Packey Webb Ford in Downers Grove IL, there were NO surprise add ons or hassles, just MSRP with all the price protection from the 2021 to 2022 re order.
Good for you. I'm local to DG, so when I knew I wanted a Bronco I went in and discussed pricing with them. They didn't commit to any pricing at that time. Glad they were at MSRP for local buyers, it wasn't worth the risk for me. Still waiting, like so many others. 🤷‍♂️

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Riata Ford in Manor, TX signed my DORA and explicitly promised me MSRP. Last week I got scheduled, called them, and they gave me some runaround saying that "Ford will mail you a check for the difference," which is horse sh&t.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm still hoping it can be resolved, but I took excruciating care to document their guarantee of MSRP.

KC5MO

Wildtrak
First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 1975 CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went to a dealer here in Austin, TX and they wanted 90k for a 2 door Wildtrak with the mid package.

Last edited:

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You could have a signed buyers order and email gu
Riata Ford in Manor, TX signed my DORA and explicitly promised me MSRP. Last week I got scheduled, called them, and they gave me some runaround saying that "Ford will mail you a check for the difference," which is horse sh&t.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm still hoping it can be resolved, but I took excruciating care to document their guarantee of MSRP.
I believe they are standing by their promise to sell you the vehicle at MSRP. The check/rebate is likely the difference between the MSRP today and the MSRP when you first ordered.

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dealers: Let's follow what other bad dealers and strap some adm on to already inflated prices and high interest rates.

Also Dealers: diRecT TO cONsumERs iS unFaIR! SmALL bUsInESs!!!

There are tons of good dealers, mine included. But this problem will force Fords hand to direct to consumer. I would never pay ADM, and if I ever got in that position I would never use that dealer and brand again. Period.
Direct to consumer is even worse than this. Did you not see ford raised the price of the lightning 8500 bucks because they saw people paying that price. Direct sales has its own issues. The biggest being no competition for your business

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Direct to consumer is even worse than this. Did you not see ford raised the price of the lightning 8500 bucks because they saw people paying that price. Direct sales has its own issues. The biggest being no competition for your business
pretty sure this is a sourcing issue, not a people are paying more issue. everything across the board is up. not just ford or the lightning. bronco is up 3-5k minumum. same with other vehicles both at dealer and consumer direct.

and there is competition. go buy another brand, or just don't buy until prices level out.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You could have a signed buyers order and email gu

I believe they are standing by their promise to sell you the vehicle at MSRP. The check/rebate is likely the difference between the MSRP today and the MSRP when you first ordered.
Thanks! That's what I was _hoping_, but I haven't heard of Ford doing this. Are there any other threads that mention this? I've read about price protection (this order doesn't qualify as it was placed in November) and didn't realize Ford was reimbursing buyers directly.
Sponsored