Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can switch Dealers up untill Oct. 31. Orders I believe go in Dec.
Exactly. Which would mean your particular reservation number with the dealer you selected, doesn't matter. We'll know in 120 days how much dealers and Ford stuck to 'who got in line when'.
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How is that 'not how it works' you can swap dealers right before converting to an order. Sounds like a reservation 'place in line' doesn't mean anything.
So why do they make a point of stating your reservation will not be affected, including place in line...
Ford Bronco Changed Mind About First Edition SmartSelect_20200823-095541_Outlook

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Exactly. Which would mean your particular reservation number with the dealer you selected, doesn't matter. We'll know in 120 days how much dealers and Ford stuck to 'who got in line when'.
I believe it would matter. You are at dealer A and I am at dealer B. I have a lower number than you and decide to switch to dealer A. In theory I should go ahead of you at that dealer A. I think that's the only way to control who reserved first, But I'm not a Ford Executive so can't confirm that's how they will do it.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe it would matter. You are at dealer A and I am at dealer B. I have a lower number than you and decide to switch to dealer A. In theory I should go ahead of you at that dealer.
Yeah I just don't think that is how it will work. Let's say I know the GM and have bought 4 cars there, they definitely aren't bumping me for some random person that switched.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So why do they make a point of stating your reservation will not be affected, including place in line...
SmartSelect_20200823-095541_Outlook.jpg
I hear ya but that doesn't mean that your number has anything to do with the order. The reservation number is pretty pointless, but as I said, we'll know in 120 days which is which. That is why the fine print reads that your reservation in no way means you will actually get the vehicle.

Per Ford: *By completing the Reservation Process, you are not ordering or purchasing a vehicle. Participation in the Program does not guarantee you vehicle delivery. Your Reservation does not guarantee a set price for the Vehicle.

Sponsored

tonyxit

Base
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did we hear that Ford will be building in batches according to trim....so some higher numbers will get built before lower numbers.....make sense ?

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yeah I just don't think that is how it will work. Let's say I know the GM and have bought 4 cars there, they definitely aren't bumping me for some random person that switched.
Would you be implying that some dealers are that shady, LOL. All kidding aside if Ford wants to control that they can by making sure their dealers will be honoring the first come first serve rule.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would you be implying that some dealers are that shady, LOL. All kidding aside if Ford wants to control that they can by making sure their dealers will be honoring the first come first serve rule.
Ha, shady? It's a business, they aren't your friend :) I also doubt Ford is going to say "Whoa dealer that wants to place 7 FE orders, we have a few folks ahead that want base models. We will do those first." Money talks ;) Total guess would be that a dealer will get an allotment of orders they can put in, then it is up to the dealer to decide who goes first. And that decision should be made on profit, if it isn't they should be in a non-profit business.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did we hear that Ford will be building in batches according to trim....so some higher numbers will get built before lower numbers.....make sense ?
I certainly hope that is correct, I have a FE on order. LOL

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Most likely not going with the First Edition anymore. Lack of paint colors and the fugly ‘Navy Pier” interior.
You really should just reserve another one that you want, and keep the First Edition to sell. You could make some cash depending on what the dealer sells it to you for.

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ha, shady? It's a business, they aren't your friend :) I also doubt Ford is going to say "Whoa dealer that wants to place 7 FE orders, we have a few folks ahead that want base models. We will do those first." Money talks ;) Total guess would be that a dealer will get an allotment of orders they can put in, then it is up to the dealer to decide who goes first. And that decision should be made on profit, if it isn't they should be in a non-profit business.
I have dealt with alot of car dealers over the years, some straight up and honest and others not so much. What a dealer can do and is supposed to do is over my pay grade. Might have to call customer service on that one. Lol.
Ford Bronco Changed Mind About First Edition CCSS

Last edited:

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How is that 'not how it works' you can swap dealers right before converting to an order. Sounds like a reservation 'place in line' doesn't mean anything.
Your reservation number doesn’t change. That’s the number Ford is going in order from.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The GM might not, but Ford might.

Your order could go in tomorrow, but if they are building based on reservation, then an order that goes in in December with an earlier reservation will still be built earlier.

The terms are still a bit of CYA....but it doesn't mean that your buddy can get you in line earlier. Ford is the one building and delivering, not your dealer.

I'm not saying they are building in the exact order of reservations, but I also don't think it's as loosey-goosey as you imply.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It will probably end on a dealer lot marked up by $15-$30K.

OP
OP
Damo44

Damo44

Badlands
First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, '77 Super Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It will probably end on a dealer lot marked up by $15-$30K.
That's what I am thinking too. Sad though, probably a lot of people would grab one quick if it went back out on the reservation list. I know I would!
Sponsored