Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Placing an order for an Oxford White Outer Banks 4 door, and the first dealership I spoke with told me that the MIC modular top would be black, not the carbonized grey I've seen. That dealership wanted $1000 non refundable deposit, so I ended up transferring my reservation to another dealership that only wanted $400 and was fully refundable. The 2nd dealership is saying that the MIC modular top is in fact grey, and that the only black top available would be the Shadow Black painted top which is more glossy. Does any one have any legit info on which top will be available? I'd much prefer the black MIC to the grey.
Sponsored

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All we know is that people who have seen the newer mic tops say that it’s getting darker and closer to black which matches the flares.

ericwayne

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Placing an order for an Oxford White Outer Banks 4 door, and the first dealership I spoke with told me that the MIC modular top would be black, not the carbonized grey I've seen. That dealership wanted $1000 non refundable deposit, so I ended up transferring my reservation to another dealership that only wanted $400 and was fully refundable. The 2nd dealership is saying that the MIC modular top is in fact grey, and that the only black top available would be the Shadow Black painted top which is more glossy. Does any one have any legit info on which top will be available? I'd much prefer the black MIC to the grey.
Standard MIC is gray, modular top is shadow black. These are 2 different options.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It sounds like you did the right thing, running from the first dealer. MIC top is gray. I wish it was black, but the first dealer was wrong on that.

Sponsored

Canyonero02

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2021 Jeep JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe the most updated info is you can get either the MIC carbonized grey hard top or the shadow black painted modular hard top. There is no MIC modular. At least for now.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dealers exist to make money while offering as little value added services as possible.

The top is grey - that is the reason that the shadow black is an option - because the default top, MIC is not black

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MIC top isnt modular. Shadow Black top is the one that is modular.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stupid question but why do they refer to the painted one as modular but the MIC not? Both install exactly the same, same number of parts. The only difference is that the windows remove on the painted one. Doesn't make sense why they don't on the MIC as they arrive at the factory windowless. I guess you can add the large port on top of the 2 door modular as a difference too. I just don't understand why they are not the same other than one has a smooth surface for painting, one molded in color.

And the grey MIC, must be the same people involved as with the interior colors. First I gave them the benefit of the doubt that maybe the black expanded too much but then looking at new Jeeps and seeing they have black, that kills that theory.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My point was that OP asked a pretty simple question. Instead of offering help, you chose to be exactly like the first dealer that he left. You made a stupid comment that helped no one. You still have aaid nothing helpful. Why are you even here?
Sponsored