Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Need some advice.
Having never 'pre-ordered' a vehicle, I am just trying to get some advice on what to expect and how to mitigate.

First, I did make a reservation. Put in the dealership info. Within days, I was contacted by the manager and then concurrently the internet sales manager. Not a day went by and they were in contact. Once the down payment was made, they flicked me to my 'salesman.' I've heard from him twice. Given the flaws in grammar, dialogue, and typos, I'm beginning to think he may be a fourth grader(?). Despite this, I attribute this to the 'hook, line and sinker' concept. I'm less than impressed that the dealership designates a sales rep to me.

Given the lack of communication, uneducated responses etc., my intent is TO NOT just hand him the sale.
What can I expect him to [try to] mysteriously tie to the purchase or 'sell' me? i.e. hidden fees?
I overall feel like it is BS. I've never met him, but he reaps the benefit of the sale.

Anything to look out for?
I'm cautiously optimistic that the transaction will go smoothly.

Thanks all!
Sponsored

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Need some advice.
Having never 'pre-ordered' a vehicle, I am just trying to get some advice on what to expect and how to mitigate.

First, I did make a reservation. Put in the dealership info. Within days, I was contacted by the manager and then concurrently the internet sales manager. Not a day went by and they were in contact. Once the down payment was made, they flicked me to my 'salesman.' I've heard from him twice. Given the flaws in grammar, dialogue, and typos, I'm beginning to think he may be a fourth grader(?). Despite this, I attribute this to the 'hook, line and sinker' concept. I'm less than impressed that the dealership designates a sales rep to me.

Given the lack of communication, uneducated responses etc., my intent is TO NOT just hand him the sale.
What can I expect him to [try to] mysteriously tie to the purchase or 'sell' me? i.e. hidden fees?
I overall feel like it is BS. I've never met him, but he reaps the benefit of the sale.

Thanks all!
Same happened to me. Internet dealer > manager > salesperson > radio silence. But, I know the salesperson knows less about what’s going on than I do so I just set the bar low.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Need some advice.

Thanks all!
Did you negotiate pricing before you converted to an order? That's when you had leverage and ability to get a good price. If not, buy some bulk lube and be prepared....

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ask questions to force their hand to provide specific information. If they cant do it, walk into the dealership and pick your own salesperson. Find a person that is not only wanting to make the sale, but they are knowledgeable about the product as well. Be straight forward why you are requesting a different salesperson. "someone has to call the baby ugly sometimes"

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is why I'm willing to travel ridiculous distances to purchase from a dealership that actually knows what it's doing, and will give me an excellent price. Traditional dealerships are just so horrible, and getting worse.

But there are some out there (5%?) that realize that there's a business to made from treating customers with genuine respect and transparency. Those are the only ones I'll deal with anymore.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford laid out a clear road map to this. At the time of order you should of received a purchase agreement. That agreement would detail purchase price ,deposit, fees, ADM,taxes. After reviewing that PA and signing it you’d then make your deposit. If you didn’t do this you left it wide open for them to charge what ever ADM they’d like. Their hopeful you walk away or pay their ridiculous price.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford laid out a clear road map to this. At the time of order you should of received a purchase agreement. That agreement would detail purchase price ,deposit, fees, ADM,taxes. After reviewing that PA and signing it you’d then make your deposit. If you didn’t do this you left it wide open for them to charge what ever ADM they’d like. Their hopeful you walk away or pay their ridiculous price.
I never received this and have never heard of such. They won’t even give me a copy of my order. No deposit required either. Never seen this clear road map from Ford you speak of.

Greggvh

Outer Banks
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ram, 18 Charger, 01 Mustang, 98 Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I think you get one of two types of salesman. And you got the wrong one. We had one salesman back in 2001 that worked his butt off to find us the mustang we wanted and when he could not find it we ended up with a Bullitt right of the trailer because he called us right away. Around 2012 ordered a Ram 1500 and we got radio silence. Had to call every few weeks to the point I called one time and got a yeah it came in yesterday you can come get it anytime you like.

So to the point on the Bronco though they may just not have much info to give. Have they told you that you actually have an order? Not they took your order but that it has gone to ford. If so do you have a VIN number yet? Being that you did not have reservation you may want to ask what the price is and if they are going add any dealer markup. Other then that I know our dealership likes to do the etched glass and adds a redundant tracker and then tries to charge for them. We have told them we want the truck off the trailer as it came from the factory. They may try to add life insurance and warranties all of which you can just say no.

I would suggest that you read as much as you can here so you know what is going on with orders and production and then unfortunately you may just have to be proactive and call and ask question. Just try not to get mad and understand that you will most likely know more than the salesman.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have an agreement (in writing or via email/text) on vehicle sale price, doc fee, tax, administrative fee? Essentially, cash and carry price? Do you have a trade? Are you going to finance through the dealer or bring your own $$?

Manager involved probably to convert reservation to an order in WBDO. Internet guy, well, because the reservations came in through that channel, not just a random walk in or phone up. So far the handoff or chain of command is not dubious sounding. Your sales person will likely be the one to field any questions between now and when it's built. On delivery day they should go over phone pairing, general run down of where things are, how they work, maintenance, warranty etc. He will probably be in contact at some point to ask about accessories, maybe extended warranty, financing as part of his job. If you already have an agreed transaction price negotiated or in writing you can avoid the game if they do that sort of stuff.

From experience, we make sure to offer ESP, GAP, maintenance plans to everyone as part of the sales process. We don't do the pressure sale on these because there are a lot of circumstance that they don't make sense.

IMO, get pricing in writing and communicate how you intend to fund the purchase. If you already know you don't want to buy accessories or have any interest in ESP/maintenance plans/GAP, let them know that up front. Probably won't change listening to the spiel or signing a form saying you declined those options as it's part of the process to protect you and the dealer.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I never received this and have never heard of such. They won’t even give me a copy of my order. No deposit required either. Never seen this clear road map from Ford you speak of.
Good luck to you. The road map was provided to dealers from Ford.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Then the dealer didn’t read the “road map,” I’m guessing. When I called on 3/17 asking how to convert my order by 3/19 l, they had no idea of said deadline or what to do. Finally got them to do it, but still no copy of my order. I have a VIN and build date, but no clue if they plan to gouge me.

I am hoping the failure to send me a copy of the order or have me sign an agreement is due to incompetence and laziness (I’m leaning toward this based on my dealings with them), rather than deceit or an effort to gouge me. I’ve asked for the order but the internet sales manager says only a manager can pull one up and has never followed up.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Then the dealer didn’t read the “road map,” I’m guessing. When I called on 3/17 asking how to convert my order by 3/19 l, they had no idea of said deadline or what to do. Finally got them to do it, but still no copy of my order. I have a VIN and build date, but no clue if they plan to gouge me.

I am hoping the failure to send me a copy of the order or have me sign an agreement is due to incompetence and laziness rather than deceit or an effort to gouge me. I’ve asked for the order but the internet sales manager says only a manager can pull one up and has never followed up.
“Good Luck” take Vasoline with you.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m going to ping the internet sales manager again for my order. What is the name/number of the order form? I want to reference that specifically/

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m going to ping the internet sales manager again for my order. What is the name/number of the order form? I want to reference that specifically/
Purchase agreement.
Sponsored