First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford has a name match policy for bronco to police dealers from selling to a party that wasn't the reservationist.
Are you really going to trot that BS line out here like we’re all stupid?

There was a policy that 80% of the sold Broncos had to go to the named reservation holder or the dealer would lose allocations. The recent email reduced that number to 60%.
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks Flip. Based on your knowledge I take it you work for a dealership?
I'm an owner, yes. I ordered 2 for me personally which both counted against us because I reserved but the company bought for my use as a demo. I had to give them my drivers license, amended incorporation documents, latest company minutes, my Ford STARS id and copy of a stock certificate to placate them. Another explanation is when a vehicle is built and coming in, it can show on locator, even sold retails. Don't want to sound like an ass, just don't think there's much here for you to waste much time on.

OP
OP

Swallace

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota ,Gmc and Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
MSRP -Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price
Since its only suggested, dealerships can add any markup they want.

I will say its humorous to learn the local Jeep dealership's ads poking at them. "Stop waiting for your 4x4 and don't pay more! No markups at **** Chrysler-Jeep! Show us your competitor 4x4 Reservation and get $500 off any in-stock Wrangler today!". They aren't naming Ford or saying Bronco, but we know who they mean.
I'm an owner, yes. I ordered 2 for me personally which both counted against us because I reserved but the company bought for my use as a demo. I had to give them my drivers license, amended incorporation documents, latest company minutes, my Ford STARS id and copy of a stock certificate to placate them. Another explanation is when a vehicle is built and coming in, it can show on locator, even sold retails. Don't want to sound like an ass, just don't think there's much here for you to waste much time on.
I'm not sure if this is fraud or not. Does ford check to see if dealerships are using employees names when placing orders. All I know is this dealership is thinking short team looking for a quick buck and not worthy of my business. All I can do is let others know about crazy markups this dealer is using.

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm not sure if this is fraud or not. Does ford check to see if dealerships are using employees names when placing orders. All I know is this dealership is thinking short team looking for a quick buck and not worthy of my business. All I can do is let others know about crazy markups this dealer is using.

The Bronco Fiasco is why all new orders have to have Photo IDs submitted through ROVP now. It helps them weed out some of it, but not all.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you really going to trot that BS line out here like we’re all stupid?
It's not a defense of the policy or dealers that are trying to game the system. If they are serious about giving it teeth, like I've said, they need to follow up with the customer to make sure it was a legit reason.

If you think every dealer is gaming the reservation system then I don't know what to tell you. Everyone knows it's happening including Ford. If you have a better solution I'm sure they would be happy to hear you out.

I think you need to lay off the coffee, I'm on your side, just trying to explain to swallace there are some checks Ford put in place to try and deter bad behavior.

Sponsored

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We have a Ford dealership in Haverhill Massachusetts with 4 Bronco on on order and 1 demo on the lot. I called and inquired Black Diamond area 51 with 2.7 L automatic with Sasquatch package with Mid group last month. They told me it was a customer order who would most likely not take delivery. Not sure how they new this up front? I checked the website yesterday and noticed they now have it advertised for $65,513 ($15K markup) and now the window sticker is blocked. Looks like this is another dealership with fake customer orders on the books. Does anybody know how to report dealer fraud to Ford Directly?
Ford Bronco Dealership Markups 1633713564056

OP
OP

Swallace

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota ,Gmc and Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's not a defense of the policy or dealers that are trying to game the system. If they are serious about giving it teeth, like I've said, they need to follow up with the customer to make sure it was a legit reason.

If you think every dealer is gaming the reservation system then I don't know what to tell you. Everyone knows it's happening including Ford. If you have a better solution I'm sure they would be happy to hear you out.

I think you need to lay off the coffee, I'm on your side, just trying to explain to swallace there are some checks Ford put in place to try and deter bad behavior.
I did not say every dealership flip, and nor am I implying every dealership uses bad practices just this one. Its not so much the coffee, I'm just finding all this Bronco BS from Ford so aggravating. It is already stressful enough when trying to purchases a vehicle from a dealership in hopes to get a fair deal. Thank you for your feedback and have a great weekend

Sponsored

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could be that upon arrival the dealer added an ADM on the customers order, they declined and now the dealer can mark it up however they wish. Its plenty effed up and unbelievable if true, which it may or may not be, but this has happened numerous times in the past few months alone.

OP
OP

Swallace

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota ,Gmc and Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Could be that upon arrival the dealer added an ADM on the customers order, they declined and now the dealer can mark it up however they wish. Its plenty effed up and unbelievable if true, which it may or may not be, but this has happened numerous times in the past few months alone.
I guess I will have to wait and see if Karma kicks in on this dealership.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did not say every dealership flip, and nor am I implying every dealership uses bad practices just this one. Its not so much the coffee, I'm just finding all this Bronco BS from Ford so aggravating. It is already stressful enough when trying to purchases a vehicle from a dealership in hopes to get a fair deal. Thank you for your feedback and have a great weekend
That was for Bluesb6g. There's a list of dealers and deals they are offering, probably several in your area. If you are trying to buy one outside of the reservation process you are going to pay dearly. I would check the dealer list here and find someone near you, place an order for what you want when the '22 order bank opens and wait. If you find a deal somewhere else in the mean time buy it and cancel your order. Finding any abandoned retail Broncos right now is going to be costly any way you look at it.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

You brought it up like it was a good thing, when you already know yourself that policy is utter BS. Ford cemented its BS status by watering down that joke of a policy even further a few weeks ago, and then Ford tried to spin it in the media like they’re the great protector for consumers. Uttter BS.

Just stop mentioning the BS program like it’s something good when you already know it’s BS. Is that too much to ask? Seems slimy to point to a policy that you know is BS in an effort to assuage consumer concerns.
Sponsored