Sponsored

The Insanity Continues (Dealer ADM Markups)

OMTBiker

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Tremor AMB | 2022 OBX SAS HPR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Was at the local dealer last night looking for a 2Dr for the other half to test drive before making a decision, they had an identical White as above and had a 62k price on it. On the website it had a "real time price" of 50k+, Base with 2.7 and automatic.

They are 10-20k markup on Broncos. We are not in a hurry and will wait until the ADM/pricing insanity and economy level out. They had a used OB SAS for mid 60's.

Pricing out a new '23 Wildtrack is just over 60k MSRP loaded and an OB SAS loaded is only 56K MSRP.
Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
As long as there is demand and people will pay the ADM, dealers will keep charging.

Those Heritage GT 500's, Ford GT's etc. people (wealthy) buy them put them in their warehouses, let them sit for a period of time, then auction them off for huge $$. Check Bring a Trailer and you will see. Racing cars that will barely be driven.

I almost walked away from my Basesquatch when my dealer charged $2500 mark up. First time ever I paid a mark up in my almost 50 years of car buying. I still feel guilty about it.

Richterman

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drove by a dealer in Rosenberg Tx and saw a Mavrick, so I call them and they said its used with 20K miles and they are asking 38K. I laughed and said these are in the 20's new and hung up

OP
OP
Cysquatch

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Geweke Ford in Yuba City, CA stuck to MSRP the entire wait from reservation in
Aug 2020 to delivery in Apr 2022. And also honored the price protection. I can’t speak for Broncos on their lot. I’m sure they are marking them up based on demand. Moral of the story: Order and wait with a dealership that will honor MSRP. Don’t wanna wait? Expect to pay the premium. Like a previous poster in this thread said: they’ll keep marking them up as long as people are willing to pay.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Met with dealer to check in and get my VIN, and I saw a green sticker 2 door BL for sale with dealer markup of $15,000.

He told me the numbers of his orders that didn't convert and it was just over 25%. He also thinks Ford is actually clearing out converted orders first before the "supposed" opening of the order banks in Feb. I was 84th when converted and I just got scheduled.

He had more to say, but basically, he thinks that the order banks only reopen in Feb, if Ford is scheduled out of the "reservations mess" or they are just adding to the problem.

We both agree that just like the Maverick, the banks probably, or really should only be open for a short time, AND we figured Ford should only include commodities that are available and not items that are in short supply. This would make MY's 21-23 orders more valuable in the long term compared to a bunch of open diff BBs running around.

He added that "you're getting MSRP and PP". Only the first year's PP is up front with the deal, and the second, larger amount will be a check from Ford 12 - 16 weeks later". It sucks that I have to pay taxes & registration on the larger part; but I'm still getting MY21.5 MSRP, plus a few hundred, for a vehicle that is selling (where I live) for $15,k over MY23 prices.

Sponsored

Rocket4X4

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas, M/Cs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dropped off the BaseSquatch for its first oil change and decided to take a gander at what the had on the lot.

First off a USED base 2-door with the auto tranny and 2.7L V6. MSRP on this was maybe $30-$31k.
53C2AF97-B15A-4EBE-977A-2C71E17B498D.jpeg

099A1D36-CCED-4939-B768-7267B84DEB41.jpeg

$49k??? Used!

Next up, this gorgeous GT500

8F967E57-F3CB-467D-BD65-68810A62D125.jpeg
MSRP $114k. Check out the dealer markup. đź’€

3E5342EE-DB79-49BE-83F2-901D659B9939.jpeg
Folsom Lake Ford, 'nuff said. 20 years ago I was looking for a new truck and found an F250 XL that had been sitting on the lot for 10 months based upon the sticker. They refused to deal at all.... Rode (on the motorcycle) down the mall to Folsom GMC and drove home later that day with a sweet Sierra for just above invoice. Salesman followed me home to deliver, since we didn't have a way to get the bike in the back of the truck....

DorlanJ

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Sequoia Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A couple weeks ago at Chino Hills Ford.
4 door base with 25K ADM and over 17k of dealer installed options.
$80,550.
So glad I moved my Reservation from this dealer.

IMG_0344.jpg
Hold the phone a second. They have 3 protection products on that vehicle that total over $2,100? Are they basically saying that it's never going to get damage, or that each product doesn't cover enough?

Then they have the galls to actually say Nitro was a necessary dealer install for $200?

And the best part, that $15,000 towards upgrades, are they all plated with adamantium? That perhaps is the best "markup" that I've seen!
Sponsored