Sponsored

Dealership telling me to set an order appointment next week?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I just got off the phone with my dealership, they said I need to come in next week to order and that they only had 37 appointments available. I thought actual orders were taking place in December. But when I asked about that the sales managers said, "Nope, Ford has bumped that up."

I also asked about dealer markups and X-plan, but they dismissed those questions and said the sales rep will go over pricing when I come in.

For clarity I reserved a 2 Door Badlands, not a Sport. And this is Sheehy Ford in Maryland.
Well you have done one thing, confirmed your working with a lying sack of ...dealer, RUN, all they want is a $1,000 plus non-refundable deposit.
Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's interesting. You might want to stop by my dealer first as they sent me an email to come in for a test drive...

"Let me know if you are still interested in the 2021 ford Bronco. The best was to get to know a car is to see, touch and drive it!

It would be my pleasure to schedule an appointment for a test drive. Please let me know when you would be free to stop by."
i laugh but we have an automated email like that as well that I try to stop but some slip through :cool:

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They want more of a commitment to them out of you since people are going to be switching dealers last minute. They wanna get as many hooked as possible.

Sauce: used to sell cars

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just got off the phone with my dealership, they said I need to come in next week to order and that they only had 37 appointments available. I thought actual orders were taking place in December. But when I asked about that the sales managers said, "Nope, Ford has bumped that up."

I also asked about dealer markups and X-plan, but they dismissed those questions and said the sales rep will go over pricing when I come in.

For clarity I reserved a 2 Door Badlands, not a Sport. And this is Sheehy Ford in Maryland.
Are you sure that you didn't reserve a Bronco Sport by mistake?

Sponsored

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At least you guys have heard something from your dealer. I selected the Ford Dealer closest to me for convenience and they haven't followed up with anything. I even called and left a message stating I specifically wanted to talk to someone about x-plan pricing and any ADM on the new Ford Bronco. After that I did receive a voicemail wanting me to come in and take a look at their inventory and we could talk about "exactly what I'm looking for." :rolleyes:

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I resemble that remark ;)
It was 20 years ago, but dealing with customers who treat you like a second-class slimeball no matter how ethically you sell got to be too much for me. They're worse than the salespeople they complain about.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco SPORT Badlands is a thing too...

And it's available in Kodiak Brown.

Sponsored

tazinn11

Wildtrak
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Groove Ford in Metro Denver (Centennial, CO) has told me definitively that orders will take place in the "next two months."

Ford is being overly pessimistic with "orders begin in December" and "deliveries begin in June." It's a classic sales tactic people! Under-promise and over-deliver.

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Groove Ford in Metro Denver (Centennial, CO) has told me definitively that orders will take place in the "next two months."

Ford is being overly pessimistic with "orders begin in December" and "deliveries begin in June." It's a classic sales tactic people! Under-promise and over-deliver.
The only thing my local dealer said was Ford is closing off reservations within the next week. (no idea if this will pan out) would make sense though so they can actually produce these things without getting people's hopes up.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was 20 years ago, but dealing with customers who treat you like a second-class slimeball no matter how ethically you sell got to be too much for me. They're worse than the salespeople they complain about.
Some are but I learned how to win them over... and then started my own sales team in the Internet and for the most part they follow the motto that the owner and I have set forth...

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You aren't ordering one until Nov/Dec and your reservation holds your spot till then. Absoly no reason to go to the dealership. I did a little video on the process, let me know if it helps. If it does I'll open a thread.

No fancy graphics but tried to explain the proces.

*Only error is $100 deposit sits at the dealer, not Ford, still transfers though at order time if you move dealers.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you sure that you didn't reserve a Bronco Sport by mistake?
I double checked, my confirmation email says Bronco BADLANDS and there is a picture of a 2 door. So, I'm good there.
Sponsored