Sponsored

Dealership telling me to set an order appointment next week?

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Groove Ford in Metro Denver (Centennial, CO) has told me definitively that orders will take place in the "next two months."
Build and Price will but our order banks will not until December when we can slap the snot out of the button that says place order...
Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Build & price online will be up first and we are expecting it in August...

They stated that they would like to open the dealer order bank (actually get the process of building started) open in December...

And what are the 37 "appointments"????

Sounds like a ploy to get you in the door and put some money on the table...

We like most dealerships will be accepting the $100 deposit on file to process the order...

Just watch out for things...BTW my Ford contact said option pricing is not set yet...so no ability past basic pricing we have here online ...
This is why I chose you guys as my dealer of choice!

GetBucked

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

:oops:
That makes no sense.
We've been hearing August (so maybe in a week or 2) for the build tool, with December 7th for the earliest orders. And that was for April deliveries.
Now that deliveries have been pushed back to June, it would make absolutely no sense to start orders even earlier (and before the build tool is out).
Thinking your guy is confusing the Bronco for the Sport.
This December 7th date would be awesome for me. My birthday is the 8th ??. We’ll see if it pans out that way though. Either way, late birthday/early Christmas gift for myself ?.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is why people hate car dealers. My experience is that most are scum bags. And it’s rare to find a reputable honest dealership. Tell them to F off.
Good ones are out there and time will kill the scumbags off...

When I first entered the car business late 80's I was appalled by some of the thing I heard the older car guys say to people...

Promised myself that I would not do or say that kind of things to another human being...

Had to move a little later to my current dealership, it was wearing me out listening to it...

Sponsored

tonyxit

Base
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just got off the phone with my dealership, they said I need to come in next week to order and that they only had 37 appointments available. I thought actual orders were taking place in December. But when I asked about that the sales managers said, "Nope, Ford has bumped that up."

I also asked about dealer markups and X-plan, but they dismissed those questions and said the sales rep will go over pricing when I come in.

For clarity I reserved a 2 Door Badlands, not a Sport. And this is Sheehy Ford in Maryland.
Find new dealer....chill till REAL order time....stay away !!!

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
At least you guys have heard something from your dealer. I selected the Ford Dealer closest to me for convenience and they haven't followed up with anything. I even called and left a message stating I specifically wanted to talk to someone about x-plan pricing and any ADM on the new Ford Bronco. After that I did receive a voicemail wanting me to come in and take a look at their inventory and we could talk about "exactly what I'm looking for." :rolleyes:

I have a Ford dealer that was closer than the one I chose but I went with another one based on their reputation. I guess that's why they are on the ADM list and they called me right back.
Is there any way to change your dealer pick after the fact?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The only thing my local dealer said was Ford is closing off reservations within the next week. (no idea if this will pan out) would make sense though so they can actually produce these things without getting people's hopes up.
Another dealer tried that scam last week, Ford called them and made them remove the bogus ad. Ford also confirmed Bronco reservations continue through DECEMBER!

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You aren't ordering one until Nov/Dec and your reservation holds your spot till then. Absolyno reason to go to the dealership. I did a little video o. The process, let me know if it helps. If it does I'll open a thread.

No fancy graphics but tried to explain the process.
Well done video

The only thing that is not correct on there is where the $100 is we the dealership have it...

When the Mach E $500 deposit was held by Ford, they had concerns with being charged with money laundering, so that is why the portal sends it to the dealer...

Sponsored
OP
OP

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another dealer tried that scam last week, Ford called them and made them remove the bogus ad. Ford also confirmed Bronco reservations continue through DECEMBER!
How to I contact Ford to put "my" dealer on their radar if they are being shady (which they already are being.) And who has a dealer recommendation for the DC area?

tazinn11

Wildtrak
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Build and Price will but our order banks will not until December when we can slap the snot out of the button that says place order...
So, you're saying dealer will take customer order/configuration possibly by 10/01, but the dealer will not be able to place the order with Ford until December?

If so, will order/configuration be able to be changed after customer submitting order to dealer but before dealer submitting order to Ford? I NEED ANSWERS LOL

I guess I don't see the point of customer placing order with dealer if dealer isn't going to submit order to Ford soon after.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, you're saying dealer will take customer order/configuration possibly by 10/01, but the dealer will not be able to place the order with Ford until December?

If so, will order/configuration be able to be changed after customer submitting order to dealer but before dealer submitting order to Ford? I NEED ANSWERS LOL

I guess I don't see the point of customer placing order with dealer if dealer isn't going to submit order to Ford soon after.
We can change place orders until they get into accepted status and then no changes can be made...
That does not happen until we assign a order number and push the order button...

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I agree...I would call the dealer back and confirm the reason you need to come in. My dealer says they are not ready to take orders and Ford has not told them yet what the final available options will be, pricing, etc.
Sponsored