Vehicle(s)
2010 GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How could anybody NOT like this car?!? It fuckin' GORGEOUS!!! 😍

Mach-E Cyber Orange.jpg
Honestly, being a Mustang owner, I was a nay-sayer at first,
but it has grown on me. You are right, it's a beautiful car. Still not sure about the Mustang name on it, but it definitely is a good looking vehicle!
Sponsored

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I see Bronco Sport's everywhere. I've never seen a Bronco except on a dealer lot. Says a lot about the popularity of the Sport (and the price point of a Bronco).

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Honestly, being a Mustang owner, I was a nay-sayer at first,
but it has grown on me. You are right, it's a beautiful car. Still not sure about the Mustang name on it, but it definitely is a good looking vehicle!
I pulled up next to one at a traffic light with a long straight stretch ahead of us. Light turns green and the Mustang took off like a rocket (a very quiet rocket). Impressive. Funny thing is, I pulled up behind him again at the next light......he just got there a LOT quicker than me. ;)

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I see Bronco Sport's everywhere. I've never seen a Bronco except on a dealer lot. Says a lot about the popularity of the Sport (and the price point of a Bronco).
Huh? It doesn't say s**t about the Bronco. You're not seeing them because they still haven't built very many. The Broncos you're seeing on dealer lots are the mannequins that can't be sold yet.

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Huh? It doesn't say s**t about the Bronco. You're not seeing them because they still haven't built very many. The Broncos you're seeing on dealer lots are the mannequins that can't be sold yet.
The OP took a dump on the Sport. Clearly, there are a whole bunch of folks out there driving them who disagree with his opinion. I'm a curious bystander in the Bronco world and I just find it interesting with all the hype about this truck, I still haven't seen one on the road (and I live in a highly populated area). And, for the life of me, I can't understand why anyone would pay more than MSRP for any vehicle, especially a first year model which is bound to have kinks that need to be worked out. Like I said, I have zero skin in the Bronco (or Sport) game and was just sharing my two cents.

Sponsored

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The only thing that bothers me about the Bronco Sport is the douche I saw in Montana who painted over the Sport part on the back, presumably because he’s too good to drive a Bronco Sport but didn’t want to pony up for the real thing. I bet Bronco Sport owners all over conveniently leave out the Sport part in conversation every single time. Douche bags. So it’s not the vehicle that bothers me, it’s the owners pretending they bought a Bronco.

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel the same way about the bronco 4 door as I do about the bronco sport. A watered down gross version designed for the plebian masses. Hence why all the "just got my bronco" threads are of the 4 door.
I feel the same way about 2 door owners who think they're special, when in fact, anyone can buy a 2 door. No talent involved, really. But I keep that to myself. Don't wanna be "that guy" on the board.

RobL2112

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My wife originally wanted the Bronco but ended up deciding on a Sport because she likes sunroofs and was concerned about dealing with the roof panels. She came from a 2013 Escape and we live south of Buffalo, NY where the lake effect snow flies, and the Sport does a great job in that mess, better than the Escape did. I think the "confusion" will go away once there are more Broncos on the road... she jokes that once my Bronco arrives we will have the baby brother and the big brother in our driveway! There is a place for both models.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I pulled up next to one at a traffic light with a long straight stretch ahead of us. Light turns green and the Mustang took off like a rocket (a very quiet rocket). Impressive. Funny thing is, I pulled up behind him again at the next light......he just got there a LOT quicker than me. ;)
In the modern version of Tortoise and the Hare the race course was 325 miles long with no charging stations. Bronco beats Mach E every time

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ditto...I told a retired Ford Service Manager (a friend of mine) that I was getting a new Bronco.

He said...”you’ll never fit!” (I am a 6-3, 310 wide body).

I replied, “sure I will.”

He said, “no way, I have seen one they are tiny.”

Insert explanation about the difference between the Bronco Sport and Bronco.

A couple weeks later I had to have the same conversation with his son (one of my best friends)...who is also a car guy!?

If I have to clear up the confusion with car guys, there is no hope for 90% of the rest of the population!
Hate to say it but neither of those two are “car guys”

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The only thing that bothers me about the Bronco Sport is the douche I saw in Montana who painted over the Sport part on the back, presumably because he’s too good to drive a Bronco Sport but didn’t want to pony up for the real thing. I bet Bronco Sport owners all over conveniently leave out the Sport part in conversation every single time. Douche bags. So it’s not the vehicle that bothers me, it’s the owners pretending they bought a Bronco.
Ford Bronco Death to the Bronco Sport 1636901206135

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My wife originally wanted the Bronco but ended up deciding on a Sport because she likes sunroofs and was concerned about dealing with the roof panels. She came from a 2013 Escape and we live south of Buffalo, NY where the lake effect snow flies, and the Sport does a great job in that mess, better than the Escape did. I think the "confusion" will go away once there are more Broncos on the road... she jokes that once my Bronco arrives we will have the baby brother and the big brother in our driveway! There is a place for both models.
We just call my wife’s sport baby bronco. That’s how we explain it to others. It’s a great platform and the name is growing on me. Works great for her needs as the bronco will for mine. And it’s does awesome on gas especially for something with the utility and capability it has. And fit and finish and design are too rate. We are getting ready to end our first year of ownership with it and it’s been perfect.

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The OP took a dump on the Sport. Clearly, there are a whole bunch of folks out there driving them who disagree with his opinion. I'm a curious bystander in the Bronco world and I just find it interesting with all the hype about this truck, I still haven't seen one on the road (and I live in a highly populated area). And, for the life of me, I can't understand why anyone would pay more than MSRP for any vehicle, especially a first year model which is bound to have kinks that need to be worked out. Like I said, I have zero skin in the Bronco (or Sport) game and was just sharing my two cents.
There are likely less than 20k on the road. Many are not daily drivers. As for more than MSRP that's simply supply and demand. Most reservation holders are paying MSRP.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I
I think you missed OP's point. The sport would have been much better received by this group if they didn't call it a Bronco. We are all sick and tired of explaining to coworkers that they have not seen a Bronco on the road yet. IMO the sport is the reincarnate of the Ford Flex. I probably would've been fine with calling it the bronco sport if they put a blue oval on the grille instead of BRONCO.
think
I think you missed OP's point. The sport would have been much better received by this group if they didn't call it a Bronco. We are all sick and tired of explaining to coworkers that they have not seen a Bronco on the road yet. IMO the sport is the reincarnate of the Ford Flex. I probably would've been fine with calling it the bronco sport if they put a blue oval on the grille instead of BRONCO.
[/QUOTE)
I think the marketing guys at Ford knew exactly what they were doing by naming the Sport a Bronco. The familiarity of the name caused people to look. A lot liked what they saw and bought one. There’s a slew of them rolling around on Long Island.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.