Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are a serious off-roader, Sasquatch is a no-brainer, and you'd never question the choice.
There's a point of serious off-roading where the pendulum swings back too. By the time I'm done every single component that Sasquatch includes will have been upgraded. I should have started with a plain base. 😆
Sponsored

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The 2.7 has more downsides than upsides, and even the upsides aren't all that important (sound, I guess) so I'd honestly recommend you stick to the 2.3.

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There's a point of serious off-roading where the pendulum swings back too. By the time I'm done every single component that Sasquatch includes will have been upgraded. I should have started with a plain base. 😆
Nope, lockers and gear ratios. Can't really find a solution for that on the 3.73 gearing that doesn't cost more than the sas package.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope, lockers and gear ratios. Can't really find a solution for that on the 3.73 gearing that doesn't cost more than the sas package.
Tossing out my 4.70 axles to get complete 5.38 axles. Yes, they are more than the initial price of Sasquach but at least I wouldn't be paying twice.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah starting with a Base would be good.

I actually calculated the cost of starting Sasquatch vs not, keeping in mind reselling stock Sasquatch bits.

Mine is not Sasquatch. I have Bilstein 6100s, rear LSD, Anti Rock sway bar, etc etc.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Tossing out my 4.70 axles to get complete 5.38 axles. Yes, they are more than the initial price of Sasquach but at least I wouldn't be paying twice.
Honestly, if you're going for 5.38 then you're a little bit more psychotic than most people. Going above 3.73's more of a necessity for a lot of people, and so are the lockers, if that makes sense.

Bronco Lane

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got my 2.3 for reasons, the (expected) slightly better MPG and I simply do not like plastic pans. I like the 2.3, but just like the 2.7 it sounds silly.
Plastic oil pan and the wet belt driving the oil pump made me get the 2.3

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you were willing to order the 2.3L, I don't think you'll be disappointed. If your wife made you get the 2.3L and you don't want to park a 2.3L next to your hemi-engine fill-in-the-blank, you may want a Raptor. If you want to add stuff to the engine, you can upgrade it more readily with the 2.7L.

Bronco Lane

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Definite bonuses. It was the 2.7 cam phasers for me, as a seasoned Ford fan I knew they were going to be an issue.
People get wrapped up in numbers. My first new pickup was a 1980 F150 351 V8. I don't think it made 150hp and 250 foot pounds of torque. The 2.3 makes more than that , I have yet to feel under powered in my 2dr Bronco

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had both. The 2.7 is far superior in every way. And no fuel dilution.
Not every way, since:

a) can't get a stick with the 2.7 (may not matter to you, but matters to some of us)
b) there's a pretty significant number of 2.7 failures and not nearly as many 2.3 failures

malpais

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some old Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with the 2.7. The 2.3 is a fine engine and gearing makes it move this massive brick quite well. My only real criticism of it is that it doesn't have port injection, so the valves and intakes will get foul after a while (purportedly this is going to change).

Last edited: