Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did the same, made more order unbuildable last week (not that Ford needs any help with that after this mic top disaster), actually dropped from a non sas bd to a sas base with the options I want (2.7 sas in 2dr is only $1000 more than my regular bd build). So once Mansquatch is actually orderable, it should be cheaper than my bd build, and I get all the hardware I actually want for my weekend warrior/DD, even if I have to wait longer (like I had a choice to begin with 🤷🏼‍♂️)
Sponsored

OP
OP
jaiuppa

jaiuppa

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr CG Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same decision here.

Although for me it was more of a forced decision. An oak tree squashed my wife's Focus. So... lets just say I had to make an unscheduled withdraw from my Bronco fund to buy her replacement vehicle. If I had to take delivery now I would have to drop down multiple trim levels to be able to afford it (currently have a Badlands on order).

If Mansquatch happens in 2022 great--I can drop to Base/Black Diamond, get a Mansquatch, and hopefully save myself $5k - $15k. If a Mansquatch doesn't happen until 2023 (or doesn't happen at all)... that works for me as well. By then I'll probably have replenished my Bronco fund and I can just get the Badlands I was intending to buy from the beginning.

---

Honestly if they told me that a 2.7L Mansquatch was coming I would gladly wait until 2023, probably would even wait to 2024. But I don't think that is going to happen, and even if it did, they aren't going to freely provide that information this far in advance.
2.7 manual would be AWESOME. I understand though if the transmission isn't rated for it, it wouldn't pay for Ford to develop/buy an additional tranny when the volume of both would be so low with two manual options. Sorry to hear about wife's focus man...that sucks. It will be interesting to see the news the next few days some are referring to regarding an announcement about '21 production, if they announce no more MIC tops I guess we just made the decision on our own but wouldn't of had a choice anyway. Looking forward to '22 and the ordering options available...