North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Okay, I can't figure out what the hell is going on here. OP claims it was an existing order that was originally an OBX but updated to a BL last week and got to see it go down the line today. Then posts a pic of it on said line and then quickly takes it down.

There is so much missing/ inaccurate/ impossible info here that I don't know where to begin...
Ford Bronco I decided to get a Bronco! My Dealer Said 1
Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco I decided to get a Bronco! 1664324897300

OP
OP

Sixtysixpride

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well I was by in no means expecting all the criticisms so I greatly apologize if I did something wrong. Turns out there is going to be a delay while I wait for a part or two.

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I was by in no means expecting all the criticisms so I greatly apologize if I did something wrong. Turns out there is going to be a delay while I wait for a part or two. I contacted the fleet team and got myself a fun rental for the time being at least. It’s a Raptor R. Very cool truck

View attachment 395903
Welcome to the forum, Zach, and congratulations on being scheduled for a Badlands model (same as mine). Excellent choice! (y)

I don't think my fellow members are being critical of you, per se. I think they are just questioning some of the information your dealer told you.

"My dealer said..." is a drinking game on the forum because so much of what is communicated by dealers turns out to be wrong. Sometimes this is unintentional (i.e., they are simply ignorant of the Bronco-specific facts or process), and sometimes it is intentional (i.e., it serves the dealer, hurts the customer, or helps close a questionable deal). Hence the proliferation of new "My dealer said..." threads and posts here on the forum and the ultimate origin of the drinking game. Wise members here realize this can be a dangerous game to play and could, in a worst-case scenario, lead to inebriation 🥴 or alcohol poisoning! 😵

j/k!

Frankly, some of the more honest dealers actually encourage their customers to visit this forum for clarification on specific issues, because they know that many of the members here (mostly Bronco enthusiasts) are better informed than they are. At the end of the day, most sales people are simply generalists selling a variety of makes and models and they don't have much detailed knowledge about Bronco-specific issues and processes.

Suggestion: It would behoove you to attempt to answer some of the questions posted above, so people can ascertain exactly what is going on rather than be expected to believe what your dealer may have said at face value. And if you actually posted additional information (e.g., your production photo) and then quickly deleted it, it doesn't help your credibility.

Hope this helps. :)

Welcome again to the forum. When your Badlands arrives, if you're anything like me, you're gonna love it! :cool:

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who is your dealer?
No shit. I’m gonna go order anither loaded badlands so I can drive that raptor r around for the next 2-3 years while I wait.

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Something is off here. My dealer also had an additional allocation for 22 (2, in fact) but my loaded Badlands won't be one of them because Ford won't build it. He can get a lower trim, less optioned one (or 2), but not a hard loaded BL or WT.

Sponsored

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Okay, I can't figure out what the hell is going on here. OP claims it was an existing order that was originally an OBX but updated to a BL last week and got to see it go down the line today. Then posts a pic of it on said line and then quickly takes it down.

There is so much missing/ inaccurate/ impossible info here that I don't know where to begin...
He didn’t say HE changed it to a BL, just that it was originally a OBX. My guess is that the dealer had this BL coming in that at some point in the past was swapped from a OBX. The buyer backed out after it was already scheduled for production and dealer offered it to this guy. This guy wanted to change the interior to leather but the dealer talked him into “keeping “ the vinyl. This lucky guy just doesn’t know enough to realize what is going on. Either way, he just got a new BL!
Sponsored