Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco brothers and sisters, this is it!

I’ve noticed so many bronco owners asking about which lift kit is best and there is so much confusion with all of the different conflicting answers. I’ve decided to make it simple for you and create an easy reference guide to clear things up. I couldn’t do it by myself though, I reached out to @DoYouBronco, the cofounder of Hammer Built, and @popo_patty, the Gold Country Broncos suspension guru. From ripping through the deserts of the West to crawling the mountains of the East, we’ve certainly seen a thing or two. Combining our vast trail experience and in depth product knowledge is the only way we could come up with this comprehensive list that will satisfy 80% of bronco drivers, without spending $5-6000 on a high end kit from ADS/Fox/king/icon etc. If you are interested in any of these kit, shoot me a message or leave a comment below and take advantage of our 4th of July sales!

We put together this list so that we could save you the headache of research and ease your way into the bronco suspension rabbit hole. There’s lots of strong opinions out there, sit back and relax while we unfold them. New bronco owners or off-roaders, take note, there’s some valuable inside info here with actual facts that reinforce our street and off-road rating system. We’ve come up with the Send It™️ scale to help you better visualize which kit applies to your specific needs (but feel free to challenge our opinion 😉). This scale is a single score that encompasses damping ability, travel numbers, shock fade resistance, off-road comfort/harshness, and bottom out control.

For reference, we placed the HOSS 1.0 Hitachi shocks at a 3/10 for streetability and we gave it a 1 on our Send It™️ scale. HOSS 2.0 or factory Bilstein shocks are a 3 and 3. On the other hand, a 10 on our Send It™️ Scale would be our personal favorite, ADS Racing Shocks. Fox and King are also up there on the list but we’ll cover those high end systems at another time. A 10 on our street scale would be an electronically valved shock similar to the Raptor’s live valve or SDI E-Click that instantly adapt to your driving style.

We’ve done all of the research so you don’t have to and we put the personal bias aside. We narrowed this list down by scrutinizing popular products, hearing from YOU ALL (who were a huge help in creating this list) as well as witnessing and testing first hand these tried and true suspension kits. If you have a kit that’s not on our list, that doesn’t mean you made the wrong choice, these our just our top recommendations. Our target audience for this list are the bronco owners that want to take their Sasquatch broncos to the next level, or if you are just wanting to dip your toes into the off-road vehicle modification world.

Our list covers the following kits:
1. RPG Off-road Spring Perch Collars
2. Eibach Pro Lift Springs
3. ReadyLift 3.0 SST Kit
4. Eibach 2.0 Pro Truck Coilovers
5. Bilstein 6112 Series Coilovers

So without further ado, here is our #hammerbuilt Best Budget Lift Guide for Sasquatch Broncos

RPG Perch Collars ($250)
Street Scale: 4/10
Send It™️: 4/10
Front 2.25” / Rear: 1.25”

For somebody who is just looking for a small lift that’s low cost, we decided on the RPG spring perch collars. This kit comes with everything you need to simply level your bronco to look best with 35” tires when utilizing the 1.25” collar up front. Save the 2.25” for later when you want to run 37s or just like the extra stance and tire clearance. Unlike other spacer lifts, perch collars DO NOT change the factory suspension geometry specs and causes zero additional stress to ball joints, CVs, tie rods etc. These add a sporty element to the ride, and make things like sharp edges like man hole covers and pot holes, cracks slightly more noticeable. Most have noted no noticeable Negative change in ride quality. Expect slightly better handling, reduced body roll and brake nose dive, as well as more bottom out control vs stock. If you like the more floaty and soupy ride of the stock suspension these are not for you!
(See also: SVC spring perch collars)

Eibach Pro Lift Springs ($450)
Street Scale 5/10
Send It™️ 4/10
Front: +2.3" / Rear: +1.6"

The next step up from perch collars are to completely upgrade the coil springs to the Eibachs. Expect a similar look and lift height as the RPG collars but with a slightly softer ride. While perch collars increase the preload on the factory spring to achieve the extra height, the Eibach coils are designed from the ground up to not only sit taller but ride 15-20% smoother than the perch collars. We’d place the ride stiffness as between stock and perch collars. These springs reduce the harshness felt when driving over sharp angles like man hole covers, pot holes, road cracks and bridge expansion joints that some say feel more pronounced with the collars.

ReadyLift 3” SST ($999)
Street Scale: 4/10
Send It™️: 5/10
Front: 3” / Rear: 2”

Similar to the Icon spacer kit, this one is a mix of a perch collar and a top hat spacer. This effectively lengthens the shock but not so much where it increases wear on components as opposed to a 3” top hat spacer. Provides 3” of lift to comfortably fit 37s. Decreases brake dive in the front. Leaves the rear a little soft, resulting in less of a “bucking bronco” when going over whoops or potholes. While punching it, you’ll feel the weight shift to the rear end. This helps raise the front to glide over whoops like butter. This kit includes new UCAs which will prolong the life of ball joints and maintain OEM alignment specs for optimal tread wear. Also included is a rear track bar relocation bracket to center your rear axle at your new ride height.
(See also: Icon 3” C/O spacer lift *UCAs separate)

Eibach Pro Truck 2.0 Coilovers ($1799)
Street Scale: 7/10
Send It™️: 6/10
Front: 0.5-3” / Rear: 1.2-2.7”

The next level up in street and trail comfort comes from completely upgrading the shocks to the internal floating piston Eibach 2.0 coilovers. This upgrade gives you a much wider range of height options that allows you to grow with your build. They are height adjustable, so you could start off with 35s and a level look with 2” up front and 1” taller in the rear, then increase the ride height for when you plan to move up to 37s. If you plan on adding heavy accessories like bumpers, winches, swing out tire carriers, tents, recovery gear, etc. You can correct your rake/squat by simply adjusting the preload collars on the Eibach shocks. Unlike snap ring style shocks these adjustments can often be made without uninstalling the shocks from the bronco.

Bilstein 6112 Series Coilovers ($1650)
Street Scale: 6/10
Send It™️: 7/10
Front: 0.8”-2.8” / Rear: 0.3”-1.7”

If your bronco will see more trails than most, expand your horizons with a complete coilover assembly from Bilstein. Like the Eibach 2.0, These shocks are also height adjustable via a snap ring system (up to 2.8” lift) but require removal and reinstallation of the coilover to change height. The difference between the Eibach 2.0 and the 6112 is the larger 2.5” diameter shock body that holds much more oil for sustained comfort and durability during longer and harder off-road sessions. The 6112’s larger 60mm piston surface area provides more dampening for a smoother ride and more control over tougher terrain. Broncos with extra weight from winch bumpers, overland gear, extra passengers, maybe you ate a few too many donuts this morning, etc. will experience enhanced stability and less body roll due to the digressive valving. These shocks ship unassembled and require assembly prior to install, allowing you to set your desired height out of the box. These shocks also have a zinc coating to protect the body from developing surface rust, further improving durability.

Honorable mention:

BroncBuster 1.5-3” Body Lift

We know the stigma around body lifts, “they’re unsafe”, “they aren’t a real lift”, “there’s no benefit” blah blah blah. That stuff just simply isn’t true and there is a very real purpose for body lifts. The kits listed above can only fit a max of 37” tires comfortably without body work. A body lift allows you to get that extra bit of fender clearance to safely fit those 38s or 40s. On an IFS rig, you are limited by CV axle, ball joint, and tie rod angles. You can’t just slap long shocks on for more lift, and that’s where the body lift comes into play.

If anybody is interested in any of these kits, send me a message, leave a comment, or even shoot me an email at [email protected]. We’re offering special pricing for forum members plus 4th of July sales so don’t miss out!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Triathlonfun

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would love to hear some reviews from those running 37’s and the Eibach 2.0 Coilovers.

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great thread, thank you OP! looking at the 6112’s for my OBX, but the Pro Truck 2.0’s (with on truck adjustability), look interesting as well. My goal is overlanding (car camping) with my MTB. No interest in serious crawling, but would like to be able to deal with the occasional rock/trail obstacle…neglected to mention I have the oem Wildtrack sas wheels and will be upgrading to the K02’s When my bronco arrives.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great thread, thank you OP! looking at the 6112’s for my OBX, but the Pro Truck 2.0’s (with on truck adjustability), look interesting as well. My goal is overlanding (car camping) with my MTB. No interest in serious crawling, but would like to be able to deal with the occasional rock/trail obstacle…neglected to mention I have the oem Wildtrack sas wheels and will be upgrading to the K02’s When my bronco arrives.
Be warned, none of these take extra weight into account. They are designed for stock broncos and many of them advertise their lift height based on Non-Sasquach.

Build your WT rig as an overland and these may just barley get you back to stock ride height.

MrBell

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just had the Bilstein 6112 installed in my 2 Door Badlands. The ride is terrible. Quick call to Bilstein and we discovered the WRONG kit was installed. There are specialized kits for 2 & 4 door Broncos, engine size, sas/non-sas. Needless to say the correct kit will be ordered/installed soon.

If you go the with the Bilstein's make sure your installer orders the kit specific to your build.

JPEG image-B513A8D53A1C-1.jpeg

Sponsored

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Be warned, none of these take extra weight into account. They are designed for stock broncos and many of them advertise their lift height based on Non-Sasquach.

Build your WT rig as an overland and these may just barley get you back to stock ride height.
Thank you, will take that into consideration for my build👍

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just had the Bilstein 6112 installed in my 2 Door Badlands. The ride is terrible. Quick call to Bilstein and we discovered the WRONG kit was installed. There are specialized kits for 2 & 4 door Broncos, engine size, sas/non-sas. Needless to say the correct kit will be ordered/installed soon.

If you go the with the Bilstein's make sure your installer orders the kit specific to your build.
Would be very interested in hearing your impressions re the 6112’s once you have the correct set mounted. Also, what lift height are you wanting to achieve? Thank you.

MrBell

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would be very interested in hearing your impressions re the 6112’s once you have the correct set mounted. Also, what lift height are you wanting to achieve? Thank you.
My goal was ride comfort, not lift. When the correct kit is installed the height will come down (less preload, more compliance). It does look cool at the current height.

Ford Bronco Deep Dive Into Lift Kits (For Sasquatch Broncos) That Won’t Break the Bank JPEG image-B513A8D53A1C-1

Trialmx

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My goal was ride comfort, not lift. When the correct kit is installed the height will come down (less preload, more compliance). It does look cool at the current height.

Ford Bronco Deep Dive Into Lift Kits (For Sasquatch Broncos) That Won’t Break the Bank JPEG image-B513A8D53A1C-1
Looks great, are the tires the stock 33" KO2's. I've been considering a ride improvement with different shocks but don't want to go to 35" tires yet. Might not fit thru the garage door!

MrBell

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great, are the tires the stock 33" KO2's. I've been considering a ride improvement with different shocks but don't want to go to 35" tires yet. Might not fit thru the garage door!
Yes, stock 33's. The KO2 do soften up over time, when new they were very firm.

Sponsored

sckaras

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD F150,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
with 6112 on badlands SAS, are there anticipation of other changes needed to correct geometries, or weak points on others systems

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Off road newbie here, I can run RPG perch collars to fits 37s with no rubbing and still retain the stock geometry?

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree 100% with the replies regarding added weight.

4dr Badlands 2.7, factory capable bumper, no winch, 37's
Eibach 2.0 coilovers
The front dropped almost 2 inches after a few weeks

I swapped the front springs out to 550 springs.
Sits perfect now and drives great.
Eibach didn't recommend using the 650 springs up front but there are some here that have and like them.

For me, the threaded adjustment on the Eibach is nice.
Ride quality is much nicer than stock sasquatch
Sponsored