codythepirate

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Heritage Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Why didn’t this get covered by insurance? Just wondering..
It is being covered by insurance. I chose to do repairs myself is all. I'm savvy with 10mm's and do not trust other folks to touch my vehicles. Been burnt too many times so now I just resort to doing it right the 1st time.....AKA myself.
Sponsored

OP
OP
codythepirate

codythepirate

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
And people are questioning why auto insurance premiums are rising...
It is more than ridiculous! Prices for parts are a very small factor in insurance premiums though in my opinion. All the insurance companies want you to take your vehicle to their "trusted", "select", "platinum", etc. repair centers for a reason. And it ain't cause they do good work. It's all a damn racket. But that's a WHOLE other topic and I ain't trying to derail. I'll work on getting some pictures up for visual aid in removal and replacement of parts. It was actually very simple and easy.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had pretty similar amounts of damage to my 19 Ranger taking on a deer. Bill for that was $8K at the dealership body shop. Just be glad you did not do this peak Covid I swear I waited 6 months for the parts to come in.

TomH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is more than ridiculous! Prices for parts are a very small factor in insurance premiums though in my opinion. All the insurance companies want you to take your vehicle to their "trusted", "select", "platinum", etc. repair centers for a reason. And it ain't cause they do good work. It's all a damn racket. But that's a WHOLE other topic and I ain't trying to derail. I'll work on getting some pictures up for visual aid in removal and replacement of parts. It was actually very simple and easy.
I'll hit the topic ... Auto repair cost (collision) have increased 40% since 2020. YES this IS a reason for your increase in premiums. The special shops are not a racket ("1-800-lawyer" doesn't help either). These are trusted repair shops that must meet rigorous standards for the companies. These shops actually keep costs down by not overinflating your loss to cover your deductible and to send you on vacation. Also, these shops usually have to offer lifetime warrantees on thier work and paint. I've been in the business 35 years and you are mistaken. The industry is regulated by the states; they don't operate mafia style rackets.

Sponsored
OP
OP
codythepirate

codythepirate

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Removing and replacing parts was very simple. I only needed a few sockets, a few torx bits, a push pin removal tool, and three hose/line clamps to keep from losing all the coolant. I had a local shop pull down the AC system so I could replace the condenser and then had them recharge it. I did have to replace the headlight processor and tell the system to recognize and accept it so that the headlight would function properly. Had the edge of the new grille painted body color as I'm a fan of the look, think it blends better, and is more "heritage" than the whole thing being white. I gotta get some trim nuts to mount the FORD letters and get the front camera recalibrated and it'll be a wrap.

Ford Bronco Deer vs '23 Heritage Limited...... condenser & radiator (2)

Ford Bronco Deer vs '23 Heritage Limited...... grille shutter (2)

Ford Bronco Deer vs '23 Heritage Limited...... new parts installed

Ford Bronco Deer vs '23 Heritage Limited...... new grille

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is being covered by insurance. I chose to do repairs myself is all. I'm savvy with 10mm's and do not trust other folks to touch my vehicles. Been burnt too many times so now I just resort to doing it right the 1st time.....AKA myself.
How did you go about doing this? Just get a check cut? Is it covering your labor or a shops labor rate too?

Jruta

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Uh!!!! 👿 motorcyclists worst nightmare too. Eradicate them

Nc211

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLS450 (2020) / OBX Dual Top 2.7 (2024)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We have plenty of deer in our area too. So much so the little SOB’s wipe out my landscaping every year, have actually been inside my garage, and at this point, surprised they’re not in the hot tub drinking my beer! I ordered the steel modular with the brush guard just for them. May not help protect the car any better than the other bumpers, but worth the shot. Nearly punched my ticket in a my last car, a low slung Merc E350 and a well pointed buck that cleared my hood by maybe 2 inches. Had I hit him, he’d of rolled through the windshield no doubt.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have plenty of deer in our area too. So much so the little SOB’s wipe out my landscaping every year, have actually been inside my garage, and at this point, surprised they’re not in the hot tub drinking my beer! I ordered the steel modular with the brush guard just for them. May not help protect the car any better than the other bumpers, but worth the shot. Nearly punched my ticket in a my last car, a low slung Merc E350 and a well pointed buck that cleared my hood by maybe 2 inches. Had I hit him, he’d of rolled through the windshield no doubt.
My sister took out one with her Lexus sedan years ago. Hit the front clip, went up and came down on the front of the roof and blew out the windshield. When she came to (it was quite an impact) she freaked out as she was covered in blood as the glass just painted her face and exposed upper body. Fortunately it was mostly superficial and there was no scarring. Lexus was totaled and she's only ever driven SUV's since then as she wants to be more elevated.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Removing and replacing parts was very simple. I only needed a few sockets, a few torx bits, a push pin removal tool, and three hose/line clamps to keep from losing all the coolant. I had a local shop pull down the AC system so I could replace the condenser and then had them recharge it. I did have to replace the headlight processor and tell the system to recognize and accept it so that the headlight would function properly. Had the edge of the new grille painted body color as I'm a fan of the look, think it blends better, and is more "heritage" than the whole thing being white. I gotta get some trim nuts to mount the FORD letters and get the front camera recalibrated and it'll be a wrap.

Wow man, you are quite talented with a wrench! Taking DIY to the next level. :)

Sorry this happened to your wife, but good thing she has you to step up and lean into these situations. Impressive work and I bet it’s now put together better than factory.

Cheers to you! 🍻

OP
OP
codythepirate

codythepirate

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
How did you go about doing this? Just get a check cut? Is it covering your labor or a shops labor rate too?
I tore it down to see what all needed to be replaced, got all the part descriptions and #'s together, ordered everything from the local dealer parts counter, and submitted pictures and receipts to the insurance company. I've received two checks so far. Still ain't done. I will admit, it is a little more work on my end but well worth it in my opinion knowing that it is done 210% correct and not touched by some dip shit at caliber collision or auto body express. The down side is I am not compensated for my labor. Anything done at a shop with receipt should be covered. In my experience, ANY time I've dealt with an insurance company for a claim, it's been an aggravating ordeal, big name company or no name, gone tomorrow company alike. My deal this time was the Bronco had less than 5K miles on it and I wanted to know, for damn sure, that it was as good or better than the day it left the lot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
codythepirate

codythepirate

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Uh!!!! 👿 motorcyclists worst nightmare too. Eradicate them
I have a buddy who hit a turtle on a bike. It was a bad day for him and the turtle. Bottom line, I don't wanna hit anything, not even a june bug, on a bike.

OP
OP
codythepirate

codythepirate

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
They definitely can push that "oh shit" button. Every single time we have a get together at our house the 1st thing we say to folks leaving is watch for the deer. We are in BFE north Louisiana and deer are everywhere, year round. I even gave my wife a hard time due to this little fact. HAHA

OP
OP
codythepirate

codythepirate

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Wow man, you are quite talented with a wrench! Taking DIY to the next level. :)

Sorry this happened to your wife, but good thing she has you to step up and lean into these situations. Impressive work and I bet it’s now put together better than factory.

Cheers to you! 🍻
This really was easy brother. I'm a hotrod fella and wrench on old cars and trucks pretty regularly. I was kinda surprised how easy this was to do being that it is new. It seems the newer the vehicle, the harder the manufacturer's have made it for the average Joe to work on it themselves. I have to tip my hat to Ford for the Bronco so far. Seems like they've made most stuff "DIY friendly" to some extent. 🍻
Sponsored