First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took delivery of a new 2023 Ford bronco Badlands and realized after I drove it a day or so that the hood on one side wasn’t fitting properly and flapped a little at high speed - see picture and zoom in on drivers side of the front of the hood and you can see it is slightly higher than the passenger side

I took it back to the ford dealer and they said that someone may have closed the hood with something underneath the hood and it may have caused it. But denied it was them

It certainly wasn’t me as when I looked at the pictures I took at the dealer the day I picked it up it was already there

the dealer sent a claim to ford but they denied it as it was not classed as defective

the dealer has asked me to call ford and try myself but since I didn’t cause it I am reluctant to do that

What recourse do I have - I love the car and want to keep it but it is annoying when the hood flaps at high speed or it is windy

any ideas?

IMG_2706.jpeg
Sponsored

malpais

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some old Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there any visible damage on the underside of the hood? Dents or anything indicating an object was present during a closing?

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the same problem on mine. One side would flap up and down near the tie downs while at highway speed. I addressed it with the dealer and they had me take it down to their body shop. They adjusted the latches and now it shuts tight and doesn't move at all on the highway. The adjustment they did is different than adjusting the bump stops.

OP
OP

Markaabbott63

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there any visible damage on the underside of the hood? Dents or anything indicating an object was present during a closing?
Yes there was a small dent in the underside near the bump stop - it isn’t visible from the outside. That is why they think it was closed with something on the chassis underneath it

Sponsored
OP
OP

Markaabbott63

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the same problem on mine. One side would flap up and down near the tie downs while at highway speed. I addressed it with the dealer and they had me take it down to their body shop. They adjusted the latches and now it shuts tight and doesn't move at all on the highway. The adjustment they did is different than adjusting the bump stops.
Yes this is more about the hood latch maybe but if it was that easy why didn’t the dealer just adjust it so it was tighter to the body?

Charlesbrown165

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 Dr Cosmo Blue
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lift up the hood and there is two adjusters …..one on the left and one on the right……

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you post a few better pictures, so hard to tell what you are talking about with the current views.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Markaabbott63

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you zoom in on the picture and look at the left hand side edge of the hood and then scroll across to the right hand side you can see that the right hand side gap is larger

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes this is more about the hood latch maybe but if it was that easy why didn’t the dealer just adjust it so it was tighter to the body?
I would try taking it to another dealer, preferably one with a body shop. Honestly, some of the dealers are trash and don’t care.
Sponsored