First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
22 Wildtrak 5500 miles and what looks like cam phaser failure. This is so frustrating, what horrible quality issues Ford has. To have a brand new vehicle to be torn apart already. Does anyone know if they are using the updated phaser in these engines or is it the old design? Anyone have cam phaser replaced more then once already on their Bronco?

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does anyone know if they are using the updated phaser in these engines or is it the old design?
They’ve been updated accordingly to the parts catalog. No idea what was changed or if it fixed anything however. I guess time will tell.

OP
OP
Mpali

Mpali

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They’ve been updated accordingly to the parts catalog. No idea what was changed or if it fixed anything however. I guess time will tell.
So you are saying the update phasers are in our engines already? If so that’s not good since so many of these engine phasers are failing so early

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So you are saying the update phasers are in our engines already? If so that’s not good since so many of these engine phasers are failing so early
No. I’m saying they have been updated since the bronco was originally built. The phasers show a supersession.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh joy, mine was built in September of 2021 I have 9,200 miles Something to look forward to? It took my 2017 Raptor 48,000 to have this problem in the shop now Ford is only covering part of the cost repair out of warranty coverage. Wtf

Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My first car was a 1956 Ford with a 6 volt battery. How many of you folks remember that???

It seemed remarkable when the 6 volt battery would actually start the engine. You only had one or two good tries before the battery was done…. Two accelerator pumps, a short prayer and give it a go….. There was always the push start to fall back on.

Now I have to hope the cam phasers don’t fail. A short prayer???

James Cole

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you guys tried Ceratec? It worked to quiet down ticking 5.0s

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
22 Wildtrak 5500 miles and what looks like cam phaser failure. This is so frustrating, what horrible quality issues Ford has. To have a brand new vehicle to be torn apart already. Does anyone know if they are using the updated phaser in these engines or is it the old design? Anyone have cam phaser replaced more then once already on their Bronco?

Hi there, Mike. This cam phaser concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Sponsored

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Powertrain warranty won’t cover all the repair? Can’t remember if it’s 50K miles 6 yr for powertrain warranty or might be more. I know I used it once on my Raptor for other issue. Dealer at time was ready to charge it up but I reminded them about powertrain and it was all covered.

Oh joy, mine was built in September of 2021 I have 9,200 miles Something to look forward to? It took my 2017 Raptor 48,000 to have this problem in the shop now Ford is only covering part of the cost repair out of warranty coverage. Wtf

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Powertrain warranty won’t cover all the repair? Can’t remember if it’s 50K miles 6 yr for powertrain warranty or might be more. I know I used it once on my Raptor for other issue. Dealer at time was ready to charge it up but I reminded them about powertrain and it was all covered.
Bumper to Bumper Warranty:

This policy has parts for your Ford model covered for 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. This includes all parts that fail during normal use due to a manufacturing issue in factory-supplied materials or craftsmanship.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs