Sponsored

Cam phaser issue takes how long to replace?

Jessicatalucci

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has any one had trouble with their BRONCO Cam Phasers? If so- how long did it take to replace? I have a 22 Outerbanks and they are telling me that they are on back order! I’m bugging out! I not even had my Bronco for a year yet!!
Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They're about $40 on Amazon:
Ford Bronco Cam phaser issue takes how long to replace? 1685975685149

(lol)

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just looked up both phaser part numbers, neither one appears to be back ordered at this time. Maybe a different part needed to complete the job is though 🤷‍♂️

Mpali

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has any one had trouble with their BRONCO Cam Phasers? If so- how long did it take to replace? I have a 22 Outerbanks and they are telling me that they are on back order! I’m bugging out! I not even had my Bronco for a year yet!!
4 weeks at dealer waiting on parts to complete a cam phaser replacement now. Some parts on back order and no eta.

bjholladay

Wildtrak
First Name
Bj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Got a 2023 Wildtrak built in December....the death rattle begin two weeks ago....took it in today and they want to cold start it in the AM to determine the problem...played them my video and and they are pretty sure its a cam phaser issue....sucks...I only waited 694 days to get this vehicle...now with less than 10,000 miles it is in the shop for who knows how long....love the Bronco but Ford needs to get their act together...the 2.7 ecoboost is not a new engine...been around a long time...this should not be happening

Sponsored

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Cam phaser replacement in under 10k miles. That is absolutely embarrassing, Ford.

dr.frank1320

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW I3, F150, '89 XJ, Nissan Figaro & F100CV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cam phaser replacement in under 10k miles. That is absolutely embarrassing, Ford.
I had them done in my '18 F150 at around 20k. It started to rattle at 17k. I have 60k on it now and it's been fine since. It's a Ford thing. :LOL:

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does the replacement part(s) fix the problem or just delay it from happening again in a few thousand miles?

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can one drive around with this issue a good while or can it turn catastrophic for the engine?

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can one drive around with this issue a good while or can it turn catastrophic for the engine?
From what I've read it only affects parts that are part of the replacement when the repair is made. The 2.7 is supposed to be one of Fords better engines, not too sure why this is happening but it's not a good look at all for an engine to be removed before some of these even hit 10k miles. If this happens to mine I will absolutely get rid of it after the repair is made. I want something that will last, which is almost laughable with this brand I know.

Sponsored

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been trail riding mine with the cam phaser issue for over 2000 miles now and have had no other issues.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had them done in my '18 F150 at around 20k. It started to rattle at 17k. I have 60k on it now and it's been fine since. It's a Ford thing. :LOL:
Indeed it is, unfortunately. My '19 F150 5.0 got them at the 20K mark too, was rattling and stalling at idle at stoplights. It's a good thing I really like the truck otherwise.

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad to know this. Headed out to Moab and Ouray for some wheeling fun in less than two weeks so in case the cam phaser issue pops up I’ll just ignore till back home.

I have been trail riding mine with the cam phaser issue for over 2000 miles now and have had no other issues.

Phil Brown

Big Bend
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 F350, 1930 model A, 69 mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So if it does not hurt anything why not just get your Bronco back while the parts are on backorder and drive it till the dealer gets all of the parts, then take it back in for the repairs ?

adrewpower

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a 2013 3.5L Ecoboost F150 with 165k miles. My phasers have been rattling on startup since pretty close to day one. It only rattles after it’s been sitting for at least a full day. Sometimes it has to sit even longer. The dealership for years would just say they couldn’t replicate it and therefore couldn’t diagnose the problem. I gave up trying to get it fixed. Probably should have pushed the issue more. But now after 10years of ownership, it runs the same as it always has. Not saying everyone will be fine with a little rattle on a brand new $50k Bronco. Nor am I saying you should live with it. But in my case, it doesn’t appear to have caused any issues other than some embarrassing moments when people are around and can hear it. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Sponsored