Sponsored

Cam phaser issue takes how long to replace?

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the replacement part(s) fix the problem or just delay it from happening again in a few thousand miles?
From my understanding it's the same exact parts. Not an upgrade but a replacement with the same parts. I could be wrong but that is what I have read in the other posts on this same issue. Which really sucks if it's true.
Sponsored

shervin

Wildtrak
First Name
Shervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My 22 Wildtrack had this issue. Under 9k. I took it back yesterday. 21 days at the shop. The parts list was long but mainly bolts and gaskets and things like that. They blamed the parts availability for the time but never told me anything was back-ordered.

66and23

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 1966 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just dropped mine off yesterday with the same problem and only 6k miles. Looks like I'm in for a long wait as my dealer is pretty small.

Lksamm

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My dealership replaced my engine in two weeks for my cam phaser issue. Unfortunately 3 days after getting my raptor back I barely was able to creep back into the dealership today. I was on the freeway and my raptor started running horrible, engine light blinking and stalling when stopped. 5,600 miles on my 2023 and it's been in the shop now for 21 days.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My dealership replaced my engine in two weeks for my cam phaser issue. Unfortunately 3 days after getting my raptor back I barely was able to creep back into the dealership today. I was on the freeway and my raptor started running horrible, engine light blinking and stalling when stopped. 5,600 miles on my 2023 and it's been in the shop now for 21 days.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

Sponsored

Isles13

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2DR Wildtrak, '15 Z/28 #533
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

650 miles and mine are getting replaced

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So Ford? You replace a known defective part with the exact same defective part? Do you even know how to revise a part to make it better?

Guess not.

Least the Ford bot will help...

Lksamm

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  
If anyone gets a message like this don't respond. Complete wastes of time. At the end of the day your dealership is the only hope to getting issues resolved. Don't know how Ford can talk about selling direct when their support is so painfully bad.

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can’t believe ford is still having these issues with the Cam Phasers a revised part should have been Available. No the UAW strike is here further delaying people repairs

Sponsored

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has any one had trouble with their BRONCO Cam Phasers? If so- how long did it take to replace? I have a 22 Outerbanks and they are telling me that they are on back order! I’m bugging out! I not even had my Bronco for a year yet!!
When they are replaced, make sure you break the engine gently and replace the engine oil early and often. Also, make sure you never run the engine hard unless it’s up to full operating temperature. This will prevent the cam phaser issue from ever happening again. It also prevents it from ever happening in the first place on a new vehicle.

DetGreenThumb

Wildtrak
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Wildtrak, 2018 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Picked my 2 door Wildtrak up in March (built the week of January 23). Did the first oil change in May and immediately had a cam phaser failure. Parts were ordered May 26th and the dealership received them the last week of September. My truck has been at the dealership since October 2nd and it still hasn't even been touched. I was a day one order and waited 2-1/2 years to get what I wanted. This is definitely a pain in the ass

Mick099

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Has any one had trouble with their BRONCO Cam Phasers? If so- how long did it take to replace? I have a 22 Outerbanks and they are telling me that they are on back order! I’m bugging out! I not even had my Bronco for a year yet!!
Owner of a 2023 Bronco Raptor. A few weeks ago at 2,000 miles, I started having the startup issue. Called the dealership and they initially said it was just a cold start rattle and nothing to be worried about. I eventually took it in after seeing these threads and they confirmed last week it was due to failed cam phasers. Parts have been ordered and now I'm just playing the waiting game. Also, this is the 3rd time my Bronco Raptor has been in the shop and all within 2,000 miles. Unbelievable for Ford, although I'm not surprised. My first ever Ford and now I'm considering trading it in and just taking the depreciation loss. Maybe get another brand with less issues. If there are this many issues across multiple models why couldn't people experiencing these issues just file a class action? I'm in Texas, not sure what the lemon laws but I may do a little research before just giving up.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know the root cause of this problem? Just replacing these parts may only be just push another later on. The 3v 5.4l engine is another engine that has cam phaser issues, see: CAR WIZARD Tears Apart the Ford 5.4 3 Valve V8 - YouTube
I asked @Ducati1098 about this a few weeks ago. Basically, it's not a simple issue to resolve with the engine and that it appears Ford is considering it a better resolution to self-insure and pay out in claims (replacing them) than doing anything else. I just wonder what we don't know. Ford would not be acting the way they are without some kind of sense, whatever it may be.

Mick099

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I asked @Ducati1098 about this a few weeks ago. Basically, it's not a simple issue to resolve with the engine and that it appears Ford is considering it a better resolution to self-insure and pay out in claims (replacing them) than doing anything else. I just wonder what we don't know. Ford would not be acting the way they are without some kind of sense, whatever it may be.
It's odd that it's a known issue at Ford and instead of fixing the root cause, they are shipping cars out at a known defect rate that appears to be high. Maybe because it isn't known to be an immediate safety hazard they don't see a lot of liability and therefore no recalls?
Sponsored