Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got to admit, I want to try and go a little less expensive since I will not be off road a lot. who has used this inflator? Will it handle the load?
Ford Bronco Dewalt Tire Inflator IMG_1307
Sponsored

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’d like to say, I doubt it will handle the load, and even if it does, how long to air up 4 tires? Most drop pressure at least 10+ pounds. Starting with an on road psi at say 35, I go anywhere from 20 - 25. With my Power Tank, fills the 4 tires in a couple of minutes.

dadjoke

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend 4-Door 2.7 MIC Auto Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have the differently-badged Ryobi version of what's almost certainly the same tool.

Seemed to do okay when I had one tire to inflate, but my bet is that you'd be there for quite a while inflating four 35" tires. I would do a test run at home before taking it out on the trail and finding out it takes something ridiculous like an hour to get the job done.

Edit: Actually, if you're cool with waiting i'll just try this on mine at lunch. One tire test and extrapolate x4

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I went and looked at it and not a single review was for a large truck tire and I highly doubt it will fill all four tires without having to shut down and cool. If it does, it'll probably take a lot longer and be burning hot when done. Do you want to put a scolding hot compressor in your truck?

OP
OP
Acadist

Acadist

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the differently-badged Ryobi version of what's almost certainly the same tool.

Seemed to do okay when I had one tire to inflate, but my bet is that you'd be there for quite a while inflating four 35" tires. I would do a test run at home before taking it out on the trail and finding out it takes something ridiculous like an hour to get the job done.

Edit: Actually, if you're cool with waiting i'll just try this on mine at lunch. One tire test and extrapolate x4
Thanks, not in a real hurry yet. Waiting for the call from the dealer that my rig is finally here and ready

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

quick perusal of the user manual shows it's got a 33% duty cycle.
(10 minutes on/20 minutes off...)

might be there a while to get the tires 2 to 4 back up to road pressure.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a compressor installed under the hood and yes, it is an expensive investment, but one that I'd argue is more impactful than, say, wheels and tires which a ton of guys are more than willing to part money for with most to gain in one's own ego more than anything.

I know a guy with a Milwaukee M12 compressor and basically it overheated on him and he only has 33s (only I say, geez).

If you are in 35s and even think you may go run trails on occasion, I'd save up for either an install of at least the ARB single, or get a VAIR that connects to the battery.

It's almost like anything under $250 is emergency use only, which sounds crazy I know.

I do expect my ARB Twin to last at least the next 10-12 years.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I understand you want a cheaper one, check out Tricky Dick's Motorsports on here or the same compressor under different names. But for about $60 more (on sale) I got a Viair which have a long run time and goes pretty fast, not as fast as the fastest, but can run without a cool down for two Broncos with 35" tires.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any compressor will work. I’ve had the same 12volt pump for 15+ years. Works on my Bronco and my super duty just fine.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Find some groups you can run trails with. See what their compressor systems are, ask questions, get real-world experience. Guys with good systems will be able to air you down and up, give you some hands-on experience of your own. You'll be in a better position to know what what your needs will be and how to meet them.

Also: keep your eye out for used gear. For example, in the Forum's Members Marketplace /Off-Roading & Recovery I noticed somebody in NJ sold a Trickflate for $120.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Acadist

Acadist

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks everyone, that’s why I asked the question. This is the other system I have been considering, along with their dual compressor
Ford Bronco Dewalt Tire Inflator 71087839717__98C53B84-160F-4F98-9421-7A858A971621

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You are going to hear buy once cry once alot on this journey with the Bronco. Truer words can never be spoken. If you buy quality and perform the necessary maintenance there is far less opportunity to be up the creek and have your paddle or in this case your air compressor burn out.

Just for the two cents from the peanut gallery I will (eventually) be getting the ARB twin and mounting in the spare tire or engine bay. Haven't fully decided on the mounting position yet but this is about half way down the upgrade list for me.

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same inflator in my Bronco at this very moment. It does an okay job at inflating the tires. I air down to 18 on the trail and run at 36 on the highway. It took my Dewalt about 8 minutes per tire to air back up to highway pressure. I wouldn't say it is a problem, but make sure you have plenty of battery on hand to air back up. I know it has a 12v cord, but its short and I didn't even try. I pack a 10ah battery on my impact when I go out and use the same battery to air back up. No issues so far. The great thing about the Dewalt is that you can set the pressure, hit start and forget about it for 10 minutes. It will shut off when you hit your pressure. If I had to buy at that price point again, I would make the same purchase.

Quicklime

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch 2 Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
I switched to this for 35s. Used a bunch of Ford points, got it free from the dealer. I think my old plastic pump would've melted down!
Ford Bronco Dewalt Tire Inflator IMG_8703

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks everyone, that’s why I asked the question. This is the other system I have been considering, along with their dual compressor
Ford Bronco Dewalt Tire Inflator IMG_8703
Those kits can work very well once you have them calibrated and that can be a chore.

I have the Boulder Tools deflators. You can calibrate them as well, and maybe I should, but they’re just manual screw on deflators and take PSI down pretty quickly.

For inflating, I just have the ARB kit which is one at a time. I air down to 20-25psi most of the time and it takes me roughly a minute and a half to air up each tire.

Other issue that most fail to mention is that inflators get very hot quickly. The ARB twin is mostly metal and doesn’t need cool downs and can run 100% cycles. However, everything gets hot to the touch after about 2-3 tires. I wear gloves to remove the line from the chuck.

Point is, consider that before a purchase. Plastic will melt eventually, causing you to buy another. Guess when it’s most likely to break? Right when you’re leaving the trail and need to get home. Having a good compressor and good digital gauge (also ARB for me) is a smart purchase.

I got mine from @4x4TruckLEDs.com and enjoyed a good experience and great customer service, plus they have sales and a Bronco6g discount.

Keep up the research, but I do encourage long term thinking with an air compressor.
Sponsored