Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I understand you want a cheaper one, check out Tricky Dick's Motorsports on here or the same compressor under different names. But for about $60 more (on sale) I got a Viair which have a long run time and goes pretty fast, not as fast as the fastest, but can run without a cool down for two Broncos with 35" tires.
Which, VIAIR do you have? Picked up the 88P on sale and contemplating putting together a dual tire inflator rig...
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got a Husky that I got for around $80 (HD says it's $90 now) and while it's worked (except one time...), it's also a hassle to wait 90 minutes to air up from 20psi to 38psi. And that one time, thankfully the adventure park had a working compressor I could fall back to. I have a pickup with 33" KO2s I used it with for a couple years before. It only gets the job done, eventually (except that once...).

Been looking at MORRflate and matching compressor with the octopus hosing, since y'know 10-15m of airing up at 3:30 am is better than 90 minutes. Which happened recently. Not thrilled about the cost, but everything for this Bronco costs. Or the storage needed, which with a 2dr is limited. However, rather be overbuilt here than creeping down a highway partially inflated late at night.

bikesandguitars

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak, ‘22 Tundra TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The DeWalt works fine. We just used it back-ta-back on two vehicles - 33’s and 35’s going from low 20’s to mid. 30’s psi. Set the auto shut off psi and go do other things.

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve used my dewalt inflator for at least 5 years. It is a bit slow but easy to set pressure and forgot about it as others mentioned. Besides filing tires it’s useful for my other uses such as mountain bike tires, inflatable kayak and inflatable tubes when doing those outdoor activities. Lower capacity battery might be enough to fill 4 tires from 18-36 but will definitely need a charge afterwards. Luckily I have mid capacity batteries that last 3x’s longer each. Much larger size batteries I don’t recall if they fit?
10AH fit just fine

Masterwaterskier

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor, '79 Bronco, '23 2Dr BD Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Probably sounds crazy, but I have the black and decker version as I had inherited a bunch of tools and a bunch of batteries. This is the compressor I took out to MOAB with my Raptor with 35s and aired up and down every day without issues. One battery fully charged had no problem with 4 tires. That said, I don't do that every week. Off-roading trips ... probably 2-3 times a year.

I would think the Dewalt or Milwaukee version would be great. Is it slower than the rest, sure, maybe 2ish minutes per tire, but not a big deal.. all 4 tires ... ~ 1 beer.... Its small, I can move it from Bronco, to Raptor, to where ever.

I use this compressor all the time with other vehicles and boats, ATVs, etc... works great!

Ford Bronco Dewalt Tire Inflator 1690291876394

Last edited:

Sponsored

ChumpChange

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Got to admit, I want to try and go a little less expensive since I will not be off road a lot. who has used this inflator? Will it handle the load?
Ford Bronco Dewalt Tire Inflator 1690291876394
I have used this for 2-3 years without a failure! Pumped tires from 40 to 65psi without any issue for my trailer as well as the 20" on my Ram 1500 I plan on continuing to use it on the Bronco and would replace it if it does ever fail !!! Only takes a few minutes..

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Which, VIAIR do you have? Picked up the 88P on sale and contemplating putting together a dual tire inflator rig...
Viair 450P - 45043

After looking up my purchase, I realized I paid more than I remembered, but I still saved $100 on black Friday with a coupon and points. I'm glad I got the Viair 450P, it's got a quality look, I'd consider mounting it with it's chrome finish.

Ford Bronco Dewalt Tire Inflator 1690301679727

Add that it can run an hour straight without overheating or needing a cool down period (100% duty cycle); I aired up two Sasquatch Broncos back to back with no break after another owner fried his.

From the product description:
"The 450P Automatic is VIAIR's first Automatic shutoff function portable compressor and is rated for use with most any size tire. Powered by an easy-to-establish temporary connection to a 12-volt battery power source, this 100% duty cycle unit is capable of pressures up to 150 PSI continuously without the need to be rested."

Oh, yea I really like the auto shutoff function too.

Just because a compressor works the first few times, the ones not designed for larger truck tires will burn out eventually after overheating a few times. Now that I have the Viair, just for "shits & giggles", I used a cheaper compressor to air up my girl friend's 30" Tacoma tires all at once without stop on a summer day, not too hot through, and it was struggling and very hot by the end of the 4th tire; I chucked after that.

7sKnuckledragger

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Hey guys, I’ve got the Miluakee M18 inflator. It’s aired up my 37x12.5x17 coopers from 12-30 psi on half a battery worked really well it aired up my truck tires (35x12.5x17) with a trailer attached to 55 psi as well and topped the trailer tires off all on one battery too works great
Ford Bronco Dewalt Tire Inflator IMG_5287

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thats exactly what I did. I paired it with the speedflate 2 tire system. I needed to add a third line to reach things the way i wanted to. Also the speedflate bag has these pull strings that get tangled in the coils of the airline. besides that it has been a good setup. the VIAR gets hot doing all 4 tires without a break but it works well.

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got to admit, I want to try and go a little less expensive since I will not be off road a lot. who has used this inflator? Will it handle the load?
IMG_1307.png
I've used one, when i was in santa fe visiting family and took a day trip to Valles Caldera NM. I didn't bring my usual air compressor so i grabbed the dewalt inflator from the house. I aired down for comfort and airing back up four 31" tires took like 45 minutes. My Viar 450p would have had them done in half the time. This dewalt is best suited for basketballs and bicycle tires I'm afraid.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thats exactly what I did. I paired it with the speedflate 2 tire system. I needed to add a third line to reach things the way i wanted to. Also the speedflate bag has these pull strings that get tangled in the coils of the airline. besides that it has been a good setup. the VIAR gets hot doing all 4 tires without a break but it works well.
Thanks for the info. Also you have great coolers! I figured 4 at a time would be two taxing on the pump so two is the best speed/time option.

CSheya

Base
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco, GMC Sierra Denali HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Dewalt Tire Inflator IMG_5287
These are junk!! Don't waste your money. Good for bike tires and adding a few pounds to car tires.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I used this You Tube video to make my own 4 tire inflation system.

He uses good hardware without getting expensive. The size of the system being 1/4 inch is faster than the larger diameter hose and fittings and saves money too. I left off the Schrader valve and used the four way manifold that he recommends.

His idea of an analog pressure gauge not needing batteries is a valid point. I saw so many at the Bronco Safari with DIY systems like this, some splurged on fancy chrome and anodized hardware.

sirloco

Base
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m in the same boat as you wasn’t sure I want to spend a lot of money on something I may only use once or twice if at all for that matter. Since I already have DeWalt tools and didn’t have to buy a battery pack, I went and purchased a Dewalt inflator. I’ve only used it on regular size tires, and for filling air mattresses. It seems a little on the slow side you would probably only be able to fill two tires at a time before letting it cool if you don’t mind the extra time.
Sponsored