Did I get screwed on my order?

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda (Worlds best family van) Odyssey ;)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey fello Broncos
Quick question for you, I’m beginning to think that I got screwed by my dealer on my First Edition Bronco.
I originally thought everything was good on my order but then after reading the forums I saw someone taking about being “99’nd”.
The order sheet from my dealer had my order as 99 in priority.
I sent an email to my dealer about this and got an update with it showing “19”.
But then I get an email from Ford saying they’ve received my order. But this is months after I had supposedly placed the order with my dealer.
Now I still have no update on the build for my Bronco and I’m curious how with a First Edition I am yet to hear about it being scheduled. Has anyone else had this issue?
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You didn’t get screwed, you got Bronco’d. Get used to it.

OP
OP
txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Most people are already taking deliveries of their First Editions.
This is what I don’t understand.. I keep seeing people posting about their build dates etc for non FE Broncos and that if you don’t have a build date yet it’s probably going to be ‘22 before you see your Bronco. My understanding was that all FE were supposed to be MY21’s

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now I still have no update on the build for my Bronco and I’m curious how with a First Edition I am yet to hear about it being scheduled. Has anyone else had this issue?
Not all of been scheduled. But at least now you are on the waiting list. No reason you shouldn't still qualify for 2021 unless things get worse.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have yet to hear of anybody taking delivery of any Bronco, so there's that. I don't think a single one was yet declared ok to sell, they are all at the factory. Also many FE are not yet scheduled, lots of bitching since some apparently thought FE = first built.

If you have a FE order you will get it this year, it will have the MIC top and the price will have dropped by what ever the mod top was more. Ford stated repeatedly that all FE will be built (including those cancelled and those changed to BL or other models I guess, so they fill the 7000 number, but not sure).

If you're 19, you're good to go, makes no difference if it's anywhere between 10-19. They will build it when they have all the parts and will probably schedule it along with others going into your area for transport logistics, there's a lot of complicated stuff going on behind the scenes.

If you're really concerned you can also call customer service and ask them to look at your order, but you should be good to go. Good luck on getting a build date soon! Patiently waiting here for my BL date~

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think Mr. Astley is having a bit of fun at your expense. No reservation holder has taken delivery of a Bronco yet.

A couple of months ago when Ford said that the MOD top would not be available for MY21 did you contact your dealer and have them change you to the MIC top? If not, they might have assumed you didn't want to change and thus left you a 99.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is what I don’t understand.. I keep seeing people posting about their build dates etc for non FE Broncos and that if you don’t have a build date yet it’s probably going to be ‘22 before you see your Bronco. My understanding was that all FE were supposed to be MY21’s
There's definitely some unpacking of information that's been dolled out over the past 6 months for the FE that you need to do. Search for some threads or just scroll back through the "news" tab to pick up on the various changes in production timeline. They always include FE news and Ford has given a lot of specific info about how FE orders will be fulfilled.

Without discouraging you from searching further, here's a more recent thread on the matter. But you'll likely want to conduct your own searches to self-educate.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-july-2021-production-scheduling-memo.16665/

OP
OP
txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have yet to hear of anybody taking delivery of any Bronco, so there's that. I don't think a single one was yet declared ok to sell, they are all at the factory. Also many FE are not yet scheduled, lots of bitching since some apparently thought FE = first built.

If you have a FE order you will get it this year, it will have the MIC top and the price will have dropped by what ever the mod top was more. Ford stated repeatedly that all FE will be built (including those cancelled and those changed to BL or other models I guess, so they fill the 7000 number, but not sure).

If you're 19, you're good to go, makes no difference if it's anywhere between 10-19. They will build it when they have all the parts and will probably schedule it along with others going into your area for transport logistics, there's a lot of complicated stuff going on behind the scenes.

If you're really concerned you can also call customer service and ask them to look at your order, but you should be good to go. Good luck on getting a build date soon! Patiently waiting here for my BL date~
LOL No worries, I figured he was playing a little.
Just trying to figure out if I’m getting good info from my Dealer. I have a pretty good relationship with the GM but then you read on here that a lot of dealers have still been reluctant to pass on all the info they have and I wanted to make sure that I hadn’t missed the boat on anything with my order details.
I kept everything as basic as I could with the order to try and avoid the Deadly 4/6 or whatever it is these days.. So it’s MIC top etc and nothing else really.
Best of luck with yours as well

OP
OP
txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Cheers, appreciate the info.. I’ve been trying to keep up on the forums and emails etc, but got spooked after the whole 99 thing

Sponsored
OP
OP
txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There's definitely some unpacking of information that's been dolled out over the past 6 months for the FE that you need to do. Search for some threads or just scroll back through the "news" tab to pick up on the various changes in production timeline. They always include FE news and Ford has given a lot of specific info about how FE orders will be fulfilled.

Without discouraging you from searching further, here's a more recent thread on the matter. But you'll likely want to conduct your own searches to self-educate.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-july-2021-production-scheduling-memo.16665/
Barstard 😂 Got me, I even clicked on that shit

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think Mr. Astley is having a bit of fun at your expense. No reservation holder has taken delivery of a Bronco yet.

A couple of months ago when Ford said that the MOD top would not be available for MY21 did you contact your dealer and have them change you to the MIC top? If not, they might have assumed you didn't want to change and thus left you a 99.
FE were changed automatically since there's no mod top and you can't order one with a soft top.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
FE were changed automatically since there's no mod top and you can't order one with a soft top.
This is actually not true. If your order had the MOD top, it had to be updated to the MIC explicitly or it would have been marked unbuildable and 99d at that cutoff date
Sponsored