Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150, 2014 Wrangler, 2005 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Recieved VIN and 11/8 build week for my Antimatter Blue OBX, 2.7L, Roast interior, mid, with tow. I contacted the dealer in July to add Sasquatch package but he didn't. I don't want to cancel and start over so i'll need to go aftermarket. What is the largest size tire that I can install with the stock 3.73 gears and 2.7L? Will 35's give me problems?
Sponsored

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Recieved VIN and 11/8 build week for my Antimatter Blue OBX, 2.7L, Roast interior, mid, with tow. I contacted the dealer in July to add Sasquatch package but he didn't. I don't want to cancel and start over so i'll need to go aftermarket. What is the largest size tire that I can install with the stock 3.73 gears and 2.7L? Will 35's give me problems?
I have a friend who put 35's on a 4 door Big Bend and a 2" lift. Told me he's getting 15 MPG average on the Interstate.

OP
OP

DZ1

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150, 2014 Wrangler, 2005 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a friend who put 35's on a 4 door Big Bend and a 2" lift. Told me he's getting 15 MPG average on the Interstate.
Do you know what gear ratio he has?

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Since Ford went 4.7 gears with 35s, I'd say yes, you'll have problems. Can you live with it? Probably since its a 2.7 and if you don't actually offroad much.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What did he do to correct the speedo?

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I believe @BroncoTPA runs 35s with the 3.73 gears without any trouble. Might be 2.3L even. Check out their YouTube for their take.

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What did he do to correct the speedo?
I asked him and he said his mechanic's computer didn't have the information to recalibrate it on the Bronco. Now that you mention it I'm curious as to how much it threw off his MPG without recalibration. I promise I will not try to do the math in my head! Lol

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Go to the Tires, Wheels, and Brakes Thread, there are lots of posts about different setups. I'm sure someone has tried just about anything you are thinking about doing.

Tires, Wheels, Brakes | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I asked him and he said his mechanic's computer didn't have the information to recalibrate it on the Bronco. Now that you mention it I'm curious as to how much it threw off his MPG without recalibration. I promise I will not try to do the math in my head! Lol
7.2%, so about 16.1 MPG

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure if the dealer screwed up . . . Did you call to add SAS before or after you received your VIN? No changes after your VIN is received.

I'm no expert, but 35" tires seem like they'll overstress your 3.73 axles and other components. I have the 4dr OBX non-sas, and it has the 4.27 axle because i added the rear locker. I Plan to eventually add an inch of lift and 33" tires. The Badlands has the 4.46 with 33's, and SASQUATCH has 4.7 gearing. Be careful. You can search on this site for the full report on gearing, tire & wheel size by @North7 and others.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Run it. If you don't like it, fix it.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not sure if the dealer screwed up . . . Did you call to add SAS before or after you received your VIN? No changes after your VIN is received.

I'm no expert, but 35" tires seem like they'll overstress your 3.73 axles and other components. I have the 4dr OBX non-sas, and it has the 4.27 axle because i added the rear locker. I Plan to eventually add an inch of lift and 33" tires. The Badlands has the 4.46 with 33's, and SASQUATCH has 4.7 gearing. Be careful. You can search on this site for the full report on gearing, tire & wheel size by @North7 and others.
These new gen axles are pretty strong just don’t lock the front d30 and I bet it’s fine on 35s and 3.73s unless you got a heavy foot off-road. Ring and pinion in the d30 will probably be the weak point. I ran 35s on a 2009 jku with a open d30 for a year wheeling hard stuff and I broke a axle on a locked d44 rear never broke the front.