Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted to pay cash, but my dealer said I wasn't "allowed" to do that here in Canada because it'll be flagged for money laundering....
Wtf... By "cash" I imagine cheque/money order/etc. is encompassed in that? That makes zero sense. Now if it was purely cash money, then I could see that. I also live in Canada.

My dealership would only allow $2,000 to be paid on credit card for the simple fact they didn't want to have to pay the credit card company the 2% or whatever it is in transaction fees, which I understand (but also sucks, as I want the points!!!).

CGCarolinaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base (Hubby) 2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I saw a thread earlier today with people comparing interest rates and it had quite a few members active in the conversation. I also had read an article talking about a high number of bronco owners paid cash. Curious what the percentage really is......

Votes do not display publicly
I sold My Gladiator which was paid off. And paid cash for my 2021 Cactus Gray BB. We financed our Shadow Black Base. 3% loan 5k down.

Last edited:

notbuildingrockets

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond, 2010 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I haven't decided yet, but I'm leaning toward leasing for one reason, Carfax. In today's world all accidents even minor ones get record on Carfax and the resales value gets hammed. Ever try to sell a cars with a Carfax accident? I'm planning on a 30% down, lease it for 3 years and if no accidents then buy out the lease. This is contingent of the lease interest rate, if it is too high, I would then consider financing. But if either interest rate is over 2% it will be cash.

But I need to get mine, Ford has messed up my order!!! 540+ days and still waiting.
Talk to your sales rep about multiple security deposits. You can put up to 10 deposits down and it'll lower your interest rate by 1.5%

JoJoBronco

Base
First Name
Daniella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's a straight up lie. They want you to finance because that's how F&I managers and the dealership make money. lol
Wtf... By "cash" I imagine cheque/money order/etc. is encompassed in that? That makes zero sense. Now if it was purely cash money, then I could see that. I also live in Canada.

My dealership would only allow $2,000 to be paid on credit card for the simple fact they didn't want to have to pay the credit card company the 2% or whatever it is in transaction fees, which I understand (but also sucks, as I want the points!!!).
I wanted to pay certified cheque. They straight up said I cant because of laundering. I too was able to put 2k on CC for points. I dont know, I believe they could be screwing with me. My dealer is on this Forum, perhaps he will chime in :/ They mentioned also they wouldnt be able to get it over the border if I paid cash... and there would be extra fees/taxes. Im too gullible I guess and was too intimidated to speak up.

Sponsored

JoJoBronco

Base
First Name
Daniella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The dealership had to run my credit before I could write the check for $56,000. Same rules here in the U.S. on transactions over $10,000.
They wouldnt even let me write the cheque after credit check, which is 810. However, I believe the loan is an open loan so I dont know what would stop me from paying off the balance when it arrives. (I was "allowed" to do 40k down initially). I dont even want to ask them anything anymore as this whole purchase has been pretty hard for me to navigate to be honest. Not sure if its because its my first new car (Im 35F), or if its how they treat all customers? Who knows, its being delivered this wknd, so thats fun.

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If there are people that paid cash I'm going to question their intelligence level with penfed giving 0.99% APR loans :oops: there are literally high yield savings accounts with higher than 0.99% return. Unless you're keeping your DTI low for other reasons, have terrible credit, or enjoy throwing money down the drain it makes zero sense.

Edit: Retirement is the worst excuse one could have for paying cash for the car lol. In retirement, any income no matter how small is even MORE important than those working.

I understand this is a generational thing. Many boomers grew up to 12% mortgages and 15% auto loans, but times have changed. Borrowing money is nearly free these days, and inflation is at record levels. You absolutely should have a significant rainy day fund, but keeping tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash (instead of safe CD's, high yield savings accounts, or bonds) is the best way to get left behind in 2022.
Please show me a savings account (from an FDIC insured institution) that is paying higher than 0.99%.

Sponsored

zman1988

Wildtrak
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is great info, but the max kinda stinks:

Ford Bronco Did you finance or pay cash? 1642630641795
You can buy more on the secondary market, this is for initial bond purchases directly from the man.

zman1988

Wildtrak
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Please show me a savings account (from an FDIC insured institution) that is paying higher than 0.99%.
I have a DEFI savings account paying 15%.

notbuildingrockets

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond, 2010 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They mentioned also they wouldnt be able to get it over the border if I paid cash... and there would be extra fees/taxes.
lol no they didn't... wow. The only reason they don't want you to pay cash is because they make less money off of you. That's it. There's no weird rules about it. EDIT: I work in sales at a Ford dealership and have shipped many vehicles across the border. The only requirements are time and mileage. How you paid for the vehicle doesn't matter.

Last edited:

JoJoBronco

Base
First Name
Daniella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

lol no they didn't... wow. The only reason they don't want you to pay cash is because they make less money off of you. That's it. There's no weird rules about it.
.... Im showing them this thread. I believe you. The stories I could tell of what happened and what has/hasnt been said to me during this purchase.... I just want it to be over.

BroncoFish

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3; 2022 Land Rover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm not surprised how many are paying cash considering the long wait times for folks to save up!

P.S. if you're making a large down payment or paying cash, most dealers nowadays will require for you to wire the funds. Just the way it is due to folks before us trying to write hot checks or launder money.
Sponsored