Sponsored

How to get best dealer offer if I pay cash?

Flbronco33

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello all,

first time car buyer, I have driven the same car for 12 years and my two door big bend should be here in the next week. I have a reservation from 2020. It is delivered by rail and I am just waiting on the 30 minute transfer to the dealership for the past few days. In my I case I have the cash in the bank account to cover the MSRP with the price protection and taxes. I am curious if anyone was able to provide any pointers/advice on the interaction of the dealership since I can purchase the car outright. I am not sure if they were to do in-house financing if I could get a better deal and then just pay off the financing later.
Canā€™t wait! Appreciate any advice.
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you not all ready have a price set from when you ordered the Bronco? Also be sure to read the PP threads to see what you should qualify for based on if yours is a '22 or '23.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Seems a lot of dealers donā€™t like cash as they donā€™t get their cut or kickback from financing. Lucky in this market to get msrp. pp comes from what Iā€™ve alread as a check from ford after the deal. They have to look in a thing called ā€œsmart Vincent l from what Iā€™ve seen on here. It does look good on your credit if you keep a loan for 6 months before paying it off. Only you can decide if paying the interest is something youā€™re willing to do.

Last edited:

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If you know the price you are going to pay what more are you trying to get? I'm not understanding your question. Interest rates are shit right now so if you can afford to pay for it all cash then go ahead IMO. Ask for the purchase order and then bring them a cashier's/certified check for that amount.

Bronco81

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250/'81 Bronco Ranger XLT/Town Car Ultimate
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2-Door Big Bend! -- Prior to C19 you could go in and buy about anything on a Ford lot at a better deal when financed through FMC, albeit with a high rate (2022 makes these old rates look like a deal). -- Then do with the loan as you please, re-fi, payoff ASAP. -- Bronco probably would have never been included. Pay the Cash on this one.

Sponsored

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It all depends on your dealership. In my experience cash doesnā€™t help lower the price, just speeds up the buying process. Either way enjoy your new ride.

mini4mw

Badlands
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its in the favor of the dealer currently if you back out as they can add ADM and sell it to someone else with a higher profit margin. As a result there isn't much haggling, if any, for anything. If they let you pay the full amount without any trouble, go with it.

OP
OP
Flbronco33

Flbronco33

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you know the price you are going to pay what more are you trying to get? I'm not understanding your question. Interest rates are shit right now so if you can afford to pay for it all cash then go ahead IMO. Ask for the purchase order and then bring them a cashier's/certified check for that amount.
I guess I was more thinking if the dealership/finance department is incentivized to set up financing then I could go that route if they could offer any perks versus just buying the car outright. Then just pay off financing when I see fit.

OP
OP
Flbronco33

Flbronco33

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Its in the favor of the dealer currently if you back out as they can add ADM and sell it to someone else with a higher profit margin. As a result there isn't much haggling, if any, for anything. If they let you pay the full amount without any trouble, go with it.
okay solid thanks!

mini4mw

Badlands
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Full price being MSRP+tax +tag fees n such.

You could say I'll finance for 3 months (believe that's the time frame for dealer kickback) for some free Ford stuff or $ off purchase as long as the finance costs are less than what you get in return. Then just pay off after that 3 months.

Sponsored

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello all,

first time car buyer, I have driven the same car for 12 years and my two door big bend should be here in the next week. I have a reservation from 2020. It is delivered by rail and I am just waiting on the 30 minute transfer to the dealership for the past few days. In my I case I have the cash in the bank account to cover the MSRP with the price protection and taxes. I am curious if anyone was able to provide any pointers/advice on the interaction of the dealership since I can purchase the car outright. I am not sure if they were to do in-house financing if I could get a better deal and then just pay off the financing later.
Canā€™t wait! Appreciate any advice.
I think the best option you have is to call your sales rep, and say you will be paying cash for this purchase and see what documents they need from you.

Like others have said, I'd make sure your MSRP and Price Protection is already finalized with the dealership.

Every dealership operates differently, especially when it comes to financials...

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I guess I was more thinking if the dealership/finance department is incentivized to set up financing then I could go that route if they could offer any perks versus just buying the car outright. Then just pay off financing when I see fit.
Currently, there are no available rebates/special rates available for the Bronco's...other than a possible Military/First Responder/First time buyer/College Grad discount (usually $500), but they usually aren't contingent on financing the purchase. It's highly unlikely rebates and special incentive rates will be seen anytime soon on the Bronco, unless they start piling up on the lots.

So in short, you're better off paying cash...unless you're making more than 6+% on that money.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The days of getting a cash discount are long gone. No one cares if you pay cash.

Recently bought a new Genesis and got a discount for financing with them. They told me it was with Genesis Finance and asked me to keep it for 3 months, which I agreed. Two weeks later I get something from BoA about my new car loan. I immediately paid that off as it was not what I agreed to. I'm sure the dealership lost out on the kickback.

Last edited:

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Currently, there are no available rebates/special rates available for the Bronco's...other than a possible Military/First Responder/First time buyer/College Grad discount (usually $500), but they usually aren't contingent on financing the purchase. It's highly unlikely rebates and special incentive rates will be seen anytime soon on the Bronco, unless they start piling up on the lots.

So in short, you're better off paying cash...unless you're making more than 6+% on that money.
They are offering the employee discount, not sure the name of that plan. They are not allowing the employee to a friend discount. This is for the Bronco.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer never even asked, they just assumed I was paying cash and had the paperwork ready when I got there.

They actually charged me $100 less than they were supposed to, because they missed the delivery fee increase.

I just cut them a personal check.
Sponsored

Last edited: