First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When they try pitching the warranty, know that you can get it from Granger for the lowest price. I would advise you get the Ford esp quote from the granger website so you at least know what the lowest cost is. That way you know how much they are uncharging and can decline. If you want the warranty that is. https://grangerfordextendedwarranty.com/
Unless your in California, I checked this before I bought my Bronco and I couldn’t purchase it online. I hate California.
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unless your in California, I checked this before I bought my Bronco and I couldn’t purchase it online. I hate California.
Haven't figured out a way to tax it?

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Haven't figured out a way to tax it?
That’s most likely the case, these idiots running this state have completely ruined it, hell I can’t even buy a rubber mat for my sink off Amazon, says can’t be shipped to my location, lol.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you know anyone with an out of California address? Family? Use their address. The warranty is then tied to your vin. Problem solved. Cheers.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How is what I wrote not true? I noted that a dealer would take a certain amount via credit card without charging a fee. A fact that you then confirmed with your post. I have not seen anyone chime in that their dealer let the use a credit card for the total purchase price of a Bronco.

Any merchant that takes credit cards pays a processing fee whenever anyone uses a credit card in their establishment. Usually, that fee is between 1-3% of the amount charged. No way any dealer wants to lose 2% on a $50k transaction. Not gonna happen.
I might have misunderstood. I thought you said that dealers will charge a fee to use a credit card. Which was not the case for me. I still have the receipt for it too if you want proof. It was not the full price of the car. I financed my bronco. But as much of my down payment that was allowed to be on credit, was. It made no sense to me. If I could have put more on the credit card, I would have. You're going to spend the money either way. At least get cash back via points. And if you use the correct card you can really get a good amount back. As opposed to nothing.

Sponsored

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you know anyone with an out of California address? Family? Use their address. The warranty is then tied to your vin. Problem solved. Cheers.
That’s a good idea I didn’t even think about that…. Too late now but at least I didn’t over pay too much.

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I paid cash for mine as well but mine wasn’t an order, I found one that I liked on a dealer lot (they had several customer orders that were for fitted), then I went to the dealer on the last day of the month, they had a $7500 ADM on my Wildtrack, I said nope I told them what I was willing to pay, they dropped it by $2k and I said no thanks bye, they quickly accepted my offer then I gave them my DL and let them check my credit and when they came back and told me what the interest rate was (I have excellent credit) which for all of us it’s pretty crazy right now then I said forget that I’ll pay cash, finance manager wasn’t happy but I then told them I didn’t have time to sit around any more and told them to finish up all the paperwork and deliver it to my house. They did exactly that showed up to my house a few hours later (we had an appt we had to get to) with all the paperwork ready to go, I signed, cut them a personal check and the deal was done. Doing it at home they didn’t even have a chance to up sell me warranties and stuff but I called them the next day and asked what kind of deal they could do on the extended warranty, first round was a no go but called me back a bit later and said they found some dealer incentives or something on the warranty and gave me a much better price that I could accept.

fiatlux

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo V60 T8 Polestar Engineered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most dealerships should let you use a personal check (though they may do a soft credit pull). I paid as much as they would let me onto my card for cashback, and the rest with a personal check.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Personal check. Dealers have a backup plan if your check bounces (IIRC they basically finance you with 1 payment so if your check bounces, you automatically switch to financing)

No you can't use a credit card to buy a vehicle (maybe in part but I don't know how much).

I paid cash, prefilled out the credit stuff a day before.. easy peazy.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had my salesman fill out the contract w/all eyes dotted, and tees crossed, then ran to the bank to get a cashier's check drafted in the bottom line amount. Handed them that, signed the forms, and drove off.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why not use a credit card and get some points?!
At a cost to dealer of 3.5% most dealers refuse plastic for more than $500 deposit other than parts and service whereargins are higher. On a $60k + purchase dealer cost to take your card approaches $2000. Pay $5000 ADM and they might.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it not a good idea to get the extended warranty or maintenance plan. I am paying cash as well but I want piece of mind since this will be my first vehicle purchased that I plan on keeping for 5+ years.
In my humble opinion, no to both. Especially the "maintenance plan", these cars require very little periodic maintenance (the manual spells it out) and these items are CASH COWS for the dealerships.

For the warranty that's entirely up to you and a personal call but no way I'd get it from the dealer unless they match one of the many on-line FORD dealers that offer them.

They are SUPER good salesmen though and will have a terrific speech all ready for you, just politely decline and get the car deal done. And don't take this the wrong way but be careful if the finance person is a woman and you bring your wife, they are ruthless towards the women with all the horror stories and why you NEED their overpriced warranty stuff. Happened to us a few years ago, I was so pissed at that lady I wanted to punch her.

Zstngz

Base
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302, Datsun Z, Merc E350
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been waiting for my Bronco for so long(almost 2 years), that I am probably going to buy with cash. I have never done this before, but not wanting to even have these conversations with my dealer yet until I have an out the door price. He seems extremely cool and had great deal for buying Bronco at invoice pricing when I ordered 2 years ago and just hoping nothing has changed.

Can anyone who bought their Bronco with cash give some recommendations? Right now the plan is to drive over there with other car, figure out price, drive to bank and get a cashier's check from money in checking account, drive home, and then get a ride or uber over there to pick up Bronco. If there is another method where you can typically wire money to them directly from your checking account, etc. let me know. Have never bought a car with cash and just clueless.

Part of the reason I am posting all this is just in case is shows up right before Memorial Day weekend as it just went into in transit.

Thanks,

Dan
I bought mine cash. The salesman was happy to pick me up at my house. Ask him

Zstngz

Base
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302, Datsun Z, Merc E350
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bought mine cash. The salesman was happy to pick me up at my house. Ask him
Also they accepted $2k on a credit card

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All of these responses have been helpful. A few responses have talked about credit to accept a personal check, or if check does not go through they will put you into financing, etc., but I am not even planning on giving them my SS number. I am going to take the advice of trying to get out the door price sorted before Bronco arrives. On the extended warranty, with inflation I could see that possibly being a good investment, but I will get a quote from Grainger. I thought I read you have a certain amount of time or miles where you can still buy it, so I will probably do that as well and make sure all is good. The biggest concern for me with warranty is a 7g Bronco coming out in a few years and me wanting to trade up, especially one that has a good bikini top that clamps onto front, and can still fold up and keep in the Bronco.
Sponsored