Leilani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mini cooper/ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wire transferred the money real-time from my phone /bank app at the dealership without any problems. Drove the Bronco home same day. Congratulations and enjoy!!!
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do not have money to burn lol. What is flood and granger? I guess I can always add on the warranty before the 3 years 36k miles if I wanted. As for the maintenance plan oil changes and lube n tube etc is always nice if the life of the vehicle. Trending towards the maintenance plan then add on warranty later. What do you think about that?
Flood Ford is a Ford dealership in RI.
Granger Ford is a Ford dealership in IA.

As for having a dealership do any maintenance... My dealer is 45 minutes from my house. I would drive past 18 independent shots on the way there, any of which are capable of changing my oil.

If the dealership was 10 minutes away, that might make me more inclined to use them.

Might want to read the owners manual. There is remarkably little maintenance on these modern vehicles. Transmission fluid is 150,000 miles. Coolant is 1/4 million miles. Oil change is "when the computer says so" which is generally around 10,000 miles.

No idea on brakes, but I normally get 40k on a set of front pads and 120k on rear. (wife gets a lot less, but she has a heavy foot and drive automatics)

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Truly paying with cash, and not a personal or cashier's check is an anomaly these days, especially for a $40k + vehicle. My last purchase of a vehicle in all cash was the first that my finance manager had seen that was over $10k cash in about 6 or 7 years and this was at a pretty decent volume dealership in a major metro area that has a good number of finance managers on staff.
My dealership had a guy pay for a brand new F-150 with cash. They wanted his SSN to take a personal check, so he got pissed off and came back the next day and paid in full with 20s.

Took them a couple hours to count.

Arizona. People are really tetchy about privacy here.

Constraints

Wildtrak
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Flood Ford is a Ford dealership in RI.
Granger Ford is a Ford dealership in IA.

As for having a dealership do any maintenance... My dealer is 45 minutes from my house. I would drive past 18 independent shots on the way there, any of which are capable of changing my oil.

If the dealership was 10 minutes away, that might make me more inclined to use them.

Might want to read the owners manual. There is remarkably little maintenance on these modern vehicles. Transmission fluid is 150,000 miles. Coolant is 1/4 million miles. Oil change is "when the computer says so" which is generally around 10,000 miles.

No idea on brakes, but I normally get 40k on a set of front pads and 120k on rear. (wife gets a lot less, but she has a heavy foot and drive automatics)
This helps a lot, I really appreciate the feedback on that. Thanks brother. Extra money I can save and put towards mods and eventually the extended warranty.

Jwredneck

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150, 1969 U14 EB, 1969 U15 EB
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My dealership had a guy pay for a brand new F-150 with cash. They wanted his SSN to take a personal check, so he got pissed off and came back the next day and paid in full with 20s.

Took them a couple hours to count.

Arizona. People are really tetchy about privacy here.

When my mom bought her Highlander she told them she was going to put 30K down. They ask how she wanted to do it and she opened her purse and started pulling out bundles. Finance guys eyes got real big. Couple years later she was in there with my sister while she was getting a new Highlander. Finance guy recognized my mom and jokingly said "thanks to you we bought a bill counting machine".

For OP you can also call your bank and have them temporarily raise the limit of you debit. I had them do this when we bought our Bronco. I put 35K down just running it through debit.

Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have been waiting for my Bronco for so long(almost 2 years), that I am probably going to buy with cash. I have never done this before, but not wanting to even have these conversations with my dealer yet until I have an out the door price. He seems extremely cool and had great deal for buying Bronco at invoice pricing when I ordered 2 years ago and just hoping nothing has changed.

Can anyone who bought their Bronco with cash give some recommendations? Right now the plan is to drive over there with other car, figure out price, drive to bank and get a cashier's check from money in checking account, drive home, and then get a ride or uber over there to pick up Bronco. If there is another method where you can typically wire money to them directly from your checking account, etc. let me know. Have never bought a car with cash and just clueless.

Part of the reason I am posting all this is just in case is shows up right before Memorial Day weekend as it just went into in transit.

Thanks,

Dan
Bought mine with all cash. As a matter of fact I put it all on my FordPass credit card to get the points.
Advice: Have money in the bank.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Once they have a date your Bronco will arrive get an out the door number, agreed price, reasonable dealer handling and tax no add ons. Go to your bank a day ahead of time get check in that amount. Show up, sit courteously through extended warranty and finance pitch, hand them the check and leave
Wait, You're gonna pass up on all the nice add-ons available at the Dealer?
- Nitrogen Filled tires (no!)
- Glass Etching (no!)
- Scotchguard (no!)
- Undercoating (no!)
If you're paying cash, there may be additional fees and some dealers wouldn't sell the customer their order unless they financed with Ford (lol). Delivery & Prep fees are part of the business, like a full tank of gas. Just say 'No!' to dealer hijinks.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I got caught with Nitrogen once, $90 and glass etching once $300, not again. Funny thing is I got real good deals on both trucks about 20% less than MSRP. If the really need that $90 or $300 they could have bumped their final price that much and I would have never been the wiser. But the fact that they did it as an add on at the end pissed me off and I haven't returned to either dealer. And I gave them poor reviews when Ford sent me the survey.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Make sure the shoe box you select is big enough to accommodate the money. That’s all I got.

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
All of these responses have been helpful. A few responses have talked about credit to accept a personal check, or if check does not go through they will put you into financing, etc., but I am not even planning on giving them my SS number. I am going to take the advice of trying to get out the door price sorted before Bronco arrives. On the extended warranty, with inflation I could see that possibly being a good investment, but I will get a quote from Grainger. I thought I read you have a certain amount of time or miles where you can still buy it, so I will probably do that as well and make sure all is good. The biggest concern for me with warranty is a 7g Bronco coming out in a few years and me wanting to trade up, especially one that has a good bikini top that clamps onto front, and can still fold up and keep in the Bronco.
If you pay cash, they have to run you through “red flag” and “OFAC”. You will have to provide your SS#. One of the 9/11 hijackers bought a car at a dealership in either NC or VA and if they had run him through OFAC, they could have caught him. Hence the legal requirement for dealerships to use OFAC as part of the Patriot Act. The dealerships have to “screen” all cash buyers (more than $10k) to make sure they’re not on a foreign terrorist watchlist. Just fyi.

Sponsored

StrainedCMOS

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer let me take the car home on a Friday, and come back with the bank draft on Saturday. We already had a signed contract with agreed price with no trade in.

Could have made a run for it, but they were good people and I got the car for MSRP.

WoodsBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Shelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco ‘22
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have been waiting for my Bronco for so long(almost 2 years), that I am probably going to buy with cash. I have never done this before, but not wanting to even have these conversations with my dealer yet until I have an out the door price. He seems extremely cool and had great deal for buying Bronco at invoice pricing when I ordered 2 years ago and just hoping nothing has changed.

Can anyone who bought their Bronco with cash give some recommendations? Right now the plan is to drive over there with other car, figure out price, drive to bank and get a cashier's check from money in checking account, drive home, and then get a ride or uber over there to pick up Bronco. If there is another method where you can typically wire money to them directly from your checking account, etc. let me know. Have never bought a car with cash and just clueless.

Part of the reason I am posting all this is just in case is shows up right before Memorial Day weekend as it just went into in transit.

Thanks,

Dan
We just wrote a check out of our checking account.
Beware discussing paying cash with your dealer ahead of time. There's far too many instances out there about dealers requiring financing to sell you the car since thats where they make their money nowadays. Not to say your dealer will pull this, or that it's legal where you are, but some have lost cars over this. Worst case scenario: finance the car and pay it off ASAP.

Here's a video about this from a former dealer that might help.

We did do this with a recent Truck purchase.
Sponsored